Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 01:07 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times

Advertisements

Enjoy him while you can. I expect he will be totally off the air by May.

The sponsor boycott pulled on him after his despicable comments has been swift and massive. Within 2 days, his show lost a boatload of sponsors, and more will drop him like a hot rock this week. Boycotting took about 4 months to convince Fox to pull Beck off the air, but the effort this time on Limbaugh is twice as organized and 3 times larger already. These things have a way of building stregth as they grow. By the end of next week, AOL will join ProFlowers and Sears, who have already jerked all their ads. I expect that, within about a month, Limbaugh will be down to Colon Cleanse and Garlique as his main sponsors.

In addition, he just lost a huge hunk of ditto heads who got angry when he caved in and apologized about the **** and prostitute remarks.
The GOP bosses have been tired of El Rushbo (dumbest nickname ever!) for a long time, and there is no love for him right now. Paulistas gave up on him, and there went another hunk of his audience.

Rush jumped the shark, big time. He could possibly withstand one hit, but four, combined with the boycott's power, is too much to overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Enjoy him while you can. I expect he will be totally off the air by May.

The sponsor boycott pulled on him after his despicable comments has been swift and massive. Within 2 days, his show lost a boatload of sponsors, and more will drop him like a hot rock this week. Boycotting took about 4 months to convince Fox to pull Beck off the air, but the effort this time on Limbaugh is twice as organized and 3 times larger already. These things have a way of building stregth as they grow. By the end of next week, AOL will join ProFlowers and Sears, who have already jerked all their ads. I expect that, within about a month, Limbaugh will be down to Colon Cleanse and Garlique as his main sponsors.

In addition, he just lost a huge hunk of ditto heads who got angry when he caved in and apologized about the **** and prostitute remarks.
The GOP bosses have been tired of El Rushbo (dumbest nickname ever!) for a long time, and there is no love for him right now. Paulistas gave up on him, and there went another hunk of his audience.

Rush jumped the shark, big time. He could possibly withstand one hit, but four, combined with the boycott's power, is too much to overcome.
And last but not least.He is simply,A pig.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days. Consider what he has to say -- the real policy material under the jokes and teasing bluster. Do what your intellectual keepers do not want you to do and keep an open mind. Ask yourself: What's he getting at? Why does he say the things he says? Why do so many people of goodwill -- like that nice Mr. Klavan -- agree with him?

The mainstream media (a.k.a. the Matrix) don't want you to listen to Limbaugh because they're afraid he'll wake you up and set you free of their worldview. You don't want to listen to him because you're afraid of the same thing.

Don't believe me? Well, then, gird your loins. Gather your courage. Accept the Limbaugh Challenge. See what happens.

I dare you.

Andrew Klavan is a contributing editor to City Journal. His novel for young adults, "The Last Thing I Remember," will be published next month by Thomas Nelson.

I only put a small part of his article here, click on the link to read the full article...
Take the Limbaugh Challenge - Los Angeles Times

I have listened to his show. It took three years of therapy and shock treatments to stop the nightmares.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I have listened to his show. It took three years of therapy and shock treatments to stop the nightmares.
Last tme I listened to him,I had the squirts for a week straight...he is a stomach virus.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Take the Limbaugh Challenge..Liberals who hate Rush Limbaugh -- why don't you actually listen to his show before bashing

OK, even though I'm no liberal...

I listened to Limbaugh back in the 90's. Nonstop Clinton bashing. Which didn't bother me too much, because I was certainly no Clinton fan. But that's all he'd drone on about. Got to be monotonous and the number of times he'd try to pass off pure BS as real got me turned off completely.

Then, one of his favorite utterances was , "NEVER trust a draft dodger!" Ol' fatso dropped that one like a hot potato when it was revealed that he was a world class draft dodger himself.

All indications are that he hasn't improved over the past decade. Now, it's nonstop Obama bashing, with usual half-truths and outright falsities that are a demagogue's trademark. His loyal dittohead followers must lead miserable lives.

snopes.com: Rush Limbaugh's Pilonidal Cyst

I stand by my original post in this thread.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I admire him for being a magnificent fraud. Not to mention druggie, liar and sex pervert with a propensity for little Thai girls. Calling him a Pig insults the pigs.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Just as soon as you actually watch the Daily Show and realise that he's not an Obama/liberal shill.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Rush will stay on air and I'm glad he will. The more hard-hitting, outspoken, say it like they see it, left and right commentators available for the public, the better. Rush, Beck, Matthews, Olbermann, the more the merrier.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days. Consider what he has to say -- the real policy material under the jokes and teasing bluster. Do what your intellectual keepers do not want you to do and keep an open mind. Ask yourself: What's he getting at? Why does he say the things he says? Why do so many people of goodwill -- like that nice Mr. Klavan -- agree with him?

The mainstream media (a.k.a. the Matrix) don't want you to listen to Limbaugh because they're afraid he'll wake you up and set you free of their worldview. You don't want to listen to him because you're afraid of the same thing.

Don't believe me? Well, then, gird your loins. Gather your courage. Accept the Limbaugh Challenge. See what happens.

I dare you.

Andrew Klavan is a contributing editor to City Journal. His novel for young adults, "The Last Thing I Remember," will be published next month by Thomas Nelson.

I only put a small part of his article here, click on the link to read the full article...
Take the Limbaugh Challenge - Los Angeles Times
I was listening to Rush when you were in diapers.
He was a DJ at a local station in Cape Girardeau in the early 70s, he sucked then, he sucks now.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,180,483 times
Rush is honest, hard hitting journalist. He might have gone liberal with his words about that Georgetown student demanding a welfare entitlement, but that is not to be unexpected in the fast paced world we live in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies