Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Even if Bush was still the president America will still be where tomorrow.
Obama is driven us into debt 4x vs Bush!!!
Obama spent millions on pork which he said he won't. Wants to kill the health care, raise taxes, government take over companies, and has the world unafraid of the USA now...........we are doomed!
And still many have blinds on and adore him like he is what he isn't....till we all get the rude awakening...Many because they already knew it was coming but still shocked that this cold hppen to the good old USA and the others since they never expected that Obama is what he is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 06:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystlady2 View Post
Wow, Bentlebee, have you ever considered NOT listening to anyone? Make up YOUR OWN MIND, and stop trying to convince everyone that YOU are right...'cause you certainly are not.

I agree with the comments of Limpaw making those remarks about Michael J Fox. How DARE he?

Limpaw is a repulsive, evil, racist, rabble rouser, who loves to get people all riled up...and he is daring someone to harm our President.

He needs to be taken off the air for the good of this country...he and all the FAUX news people you love. Good Lord, I suppose you think O'Reilly is an upstanding example of a gentleman??? He was accused of sexual harassment...AND have you ever listened to his reading of an X rated book?

Those people are really sickening...and a disgrace to the American public. And to those who consider themselves..."Christians".

True Christians do not spread hate and discontent to the masses. I feel sorrry for you that you can't listen to what is really good radio...instead of the gibberish that comes out of most Clear Channel and Faux Noise.
Really? I suggest you might want to re-read your own post. Is it really Christian to attack a whole group of people you don't even know (like all of Fox news)? Some how I don't see Jesus doing that...

Old 06-26-2009, 06:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days. Consider what he has to say -- the real policy material under the jokes and teasing bluster. Do what your intellectual keepers do not want you to do and keep an open mind. Ask yourself: What's he getting at? Why does he say the things he says? Why do so many people of goodwill -- like that nice Mr. Klavan -- agree with him?

The mainstream media (a.k.a. the Matrix) don't want you to listen to Limbaugh because they're afraid he'll wake you up and set you free of their worldview. You don't want to listen to him because you're afraid of the same thing.

Don't believe me? Well, then, gird your loins. Gather your courage. Accept the Limbaugh Challenge. See what happens.

I dare you.

Andrew Klavan is a contributing editor to City Journal. His novel for young adults, "The Last Thing I Remember," will be published next month by Thomas Nelson.

I only put a small part of his article here, click on the link to read the full article...
Take the Limbaugh Challenge - Los Angeles Times
I did, once, on a dare. It took three years of therapy to get over it.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:16 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
The first sentence of the post helps me to understand why his intelligence
escapes you...we'll just let that one go.
The list of questions is ludicrous; however, I can see where not asking the
same questions about Bush would have been problematic. Frankly, the
answers to those questions are none of your business.
Didn't run on the racial thing until after Iowa? Had he been a fair-skinned,
blue-eyed blond until then? The "bi-racial thing" was part of the equation
from the moment he announced his candidacy.
I don't think that "a run of the mill white guy" would have had a narrative
quite as compelling as President Obama's.
You read neither book: Dreams From My Father is his only autobiography;
The Audacity of Hope discussed issues. Don't bother...way over your head.
But you outed yourself as a liar...the hallmark of the right.

Um...Bush made all his records available. His GPA was higher than Lurch's.

The left really wanted those grade records from Bush. Why was it your biz then, but not my biz now?

Again, I read the books. I don't think Barry could write his way out of a paper bag. I think Ayers did write the good one a dif ghost writer the Audacity one.

It's always funny how you accuse anyone that hasn't fallen for Barry's lies to be "over their head" but you never answer legitimate questions about him.

So, one more time: Tell us...Where are Barry's records showing just how darn smart he was at Oxy and Columbia? And who paid for him to get into Harvard?

Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Thumbs down Limbaugh

Take the Limbaugh Challenge..Liberals who hate Rush Limbaugh -- why don't you actually listen to his show before bashing

OK, even though I'm no liberal...

I listened to Limbaugh back in the 90's. Nonstop Clinton bashing. Which didn't bother me too much, because I was certainly no Clinton fan. But that's all he'd drone on about. Got to be monotonous and the number of times he'd try to pass off pure BS as real got me turned off completely.

Then, one of his favorite utterances was , "NEVER trust a draft dodger!" Ol' fatso dropped that one like a hot potato when it was revealed that he was a world class draft dodger himself.

All indications are that he hasn't improved over the past decade. Now, it's nonstop Obama bashing, with usual half-truths and outright falsities that are a demagogue's trademark. His loyal dittohead followers must lead miserable lives.

snopes.com: Rush Limbaugh's Pilonidal Cyst

Old 06-26-2009, 02:28 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Also he wants to see the democrats fail,and would not care if it was at the countries expense;as long as he can say I told you so.
Truer words were never spoken.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Therefore, I am throwing down my gauntlet at your quivering liberal feet. I hereby issue my challenge -- the Limbaugh Challenge: Listen to the show. Not for five minutes but for several hours: an hour a day for several days. Consider what he has to say -- the real policy material under the jokes and teasing bluster. Do what your intellectual keepers do not want you to do and keep an open mind. Ask yourself: What's he getting at? Why does he say the things he says? Why do so many people of goodwill -- like that nice Mr. Klavan -- agree with him?

The mainstream media (a.k.a. the Matrix) don't want you to listen to Limbaugh because they're afraid he'll wake you up and set you free of their worldview. You don't want to listen to him because you're afraid of the same thing.

Don't believe me? Well, then, gird your loins. Gather your courage. Accept the Limbaugh Challenge. See what happens.

I dare you.

Andrew Klavan is a contributing editor to City Journal. His novel for young adults, "The Last Thing I Remember," will be published next month by Thomas Nelson.

I only put a small part of his article here, click on the link to read the full article...
Take the Limbaugh Challenge - Los Angeles Times
It is not necessary to heartily partake of putrid stew to know that it is putrid. One taste is sufficient. In Limbaugh's case, just the smell should do it....

Old 06-26-2009, 07:43 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
My how intolerant you all are...and nothing but excuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Um...Bush made all his records available. His GPA was higher than Lurch's.

The left really wanted those grade records from Bush. Why was it your biz then, but not my biz now?

Again, I read the books. I don't think Barry could write his way out of a paper bag. I think Ayers did write the good one a dif ghost writer the Audacity one.

It's always funny how you accuse anyone that hasn't fallen for Barry's lies to be "over their head" but you never answer legitimate questions about him.

So, one more time: Tell us...Where are Barry's records showing just how darn smart he was at Oxy and Columbia? And who paid for him to get into Harvard?
I'm not so sure it was "the left" that was clamoring for Bush's grades. Here is one article I found about them. It looks like the Wapo was digging around on both candidates.

Bush/Gore Grades and SAT Scores

So it appears that Bush did not "release' his transcripts. Some seems to have hacked into the system. Ditto for Gore.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:23 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,778 times
Libs won't listen because they are afraid they will LEARN something. We listened, we learned and discovered Rush is Right!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
I have never been much of a Limbaugh listener, but my co-worker and I left work early today because we had a long ride home. His antenna is broken off of the car, so the only station we could pick up was 680AM and wouldn't you know it, Rush was on. And the man was on fire! If I am correct I believe he is classified as a Republican, but today the man was a shining Libertarian if I have ever seen one. The man laid it down straight and told the truth and made nothing but absolute sense. If this is what Rush is always about, then I might just listen in more often.

I have so often heard him referred to as racist, obviously because he has alot of disdain for our current president and many seem to have this viewpoint that if you attack our new mixed president, you are automatically a racist. But after today's broadcast, I have to wonder if this just isn't an easy way for many to shrug off the things this man says that strike a nerve with Obama supporters.

I don't know, maybe he has made racist comments before. But I can tell you racism has nothing to do with why Limbaugh is attacking Obama for supporting this giant leap at failure. His reasoning is sound and his message was clear. No hatred for anyone, just clear concern and anger about the direction our current POTUS and his party are trying to take us in. Everyone must write or call their senators immediately! The dullards in the House have allowed this travesty to narrowly pass and we must stop it in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies