Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is influenced more by religious beliefs?
Republicans 39 67.24%
Democrats 4 6.90%
Both the Same 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
It depends on the individuals.If the woman likes it then how is it bad?
It's not. Some people are just very judgmental and have a strong desire to control what other people do with their bodies. I wouldn't worry about them. (I'm sure you don't. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
As opposed to liberals who just want the legal authority to determine the laws of this country based on their likes and dislikes; they want power as if by "supposed intellectual superiority."
Let's not kid ourselves - both parties and ideologies have done this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
It depends on the individuals.If the woman likes it then how is it bad?
The Republican Party has become far too consumed with trying to be involved in what goes on in people's bedrooms. It's a real shame.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:33 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
When you debate a lot in political forums, people like to get an idea of who you are and where you're coming from. It mainly stems from that.

I never said my race doesn't mean anything to me. I said the race of another person doesn't matter to me. I don't discriminate is all I was saying.
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:36 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's not. Some people are just very judgmental and have a strong desire to control what other people do with their bodies. I wouldn't worry about them. (I'm sure you don't. )
Politics don't come into my bedroom and sex never gets into my politics. My political views are to help the people and that should be the view of all politicians.It shouldn't just be for the people that you side with meaning if they're straight,white,etc...

Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
OK, I am going to only address this aspect of the previous post, as I think it shows a certain hypocritcal way of thinking. And yes, disengenius too.

and what politician hasn't abused their office?
thats it. That is all you had to say. Hardly a statement condemning politicians who abuse their power, rather it is an excuse for them. Or maybe just the baptist ones?

except when you ignore my other statements but hey why let fact get in the way, right?
"no, we should throw them all out and reassert the people's place in this government instead of idiot republicans and democrats running roughshod over us."

but you keep projecting your "disingenuous" stuff, ok?

Say what you will, but at the time you said 'and what politician hasn't abused their office'. You added the other 'I'd throw them all out' crap only after I said that first.
Your original message was clear ---- you are willing to overlook abuses of power as long as it is one of yours that is the one doing it. And I think that right there is the attitude that has ruined the republican party. After all, the true hallmark of conservatism is personal responsibility and a respect for the law and the constitution.
Huckabee spat on those things when he got his sociopathic son off a cruelty to animals charge. And you spat on those things by your initial response of thinking it not that big of a deal.
Back track all you want, you were loud and clear the first time.
Read my posts throughout these forums. I concede legitimate points and stand strong on what I believe to be true. You're pretty arrogant if you think I'd say something to make you happy. Like I've said many times to many people here, I couldn't care less what you or others think.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
Default Reverse osmosis

I believe that while Republicans are typically more likely to be members of a religious group, the current Democrat effect is to run from all faith. Much more anti-faith based than the Republican pro-faith base.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's why you can't resist posting about them every chance you get?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Let's not kid ourselves - both parties and ideologies have done this.

The Republican Party has become far too consumed with trying to be involved in what goes on in people's bedrooms. It's a real shame.
In response to those who are so involved with their bedroom that they seek government approval of it through schools and "gay marriage."

They want to bring their private lives into the public then the public will become involved with their private lives.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
In response to those who are so involved with their bedroom that they seek government approval of it through schools and "gay marriage."

They want to bring their private lives into the public then the public will become involved with their private lives.
What do you mean by "schools"? You mean the public school system contributing to kids leading "deviant" lifestyles or growing up to lead such lifestyles as adults?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What do you mean by "schools"? You mean the public school system contributing to kids leading "deviant" lifestyles or growing up to lead such lifestyles as adults?
Schools teaching kids homosexuality is normal and in the process use books about two princes who fall in love and then portraying the heterosexual, married queen as being hateful and immoral.

And let's not forget that for some reason California history books need to give special recognition to gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies