Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Absolutely! They had the moral and legal high ground.
so you agree with slavery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Man you got some weird looking digits.
I knew someone would say that.

I'm 6'4, and that picture made my hand look like gigantic twigs.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,681 times
I guess that's why the entire northeast is relocating to the carolinas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
We get warm weather up here too.

We have hot women and men up here as well.

We have everything the South lacks and more.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:22 PM

I'm not buying your story... I'm liberal and i would purchase books like that.. I've even bought nazi related material, just to see what it was all about...
I would venture to say that to be called a racist by the store clerk would involve something fresh out of your mouth.. rather than just the simple act of buying that book...
And I also don't believe you influenced the firing of anyone at B&N...
sounds like a scenerio that ran through your head on the way out to your car... rather than fact..

Old 05-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
No, and neither did Jefferson Davis. Slavery was on route to being abolished in the CSA. I would say without the War, it would have been gone by 1875, and there would have been no CRA in the 60's because there would have been equality in the early 1900's.

Race relations are far better in the South than the North. In the South people don't view race as a big deal.

So, what's the point of the question? I absolutely do not agree with slavery, segregation or racism at all.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:23 PM

927 posts, read 1,459,715 times
Did you know that the last town in the USA to join the Union did so in 1946?

Also; that town was in western NY state.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
Did you know that the last town in the USA to join the Union did so in 1946?

Also; that town was in western NY state.
I don't usually ask for substantiation, but -- care to provide a link? Towns didn't really have standing to join the Union or not -- territories did.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I'm not buying your story... I'm liberal and i would purchase books like that.. I've even bought nazi related material, just to see what it was all about...
I have never bought Nazi material, but I have a Communist books, because that is one of my biggest interests (Communist history). I have a a few writings by Engels, Marx, Lenin, etc.

I have never had a problem, this girl had an attitude. What do you think that I go buy books that could be controversial so I can get called names? I don't have that kind of money, and if I did, I could think of a few better ways of spending it.

This is the internet, I have no reason to make up stories, and if I did, I would make a better one up.

2,915 posts, read 3,519,144 times
Quote:
Stop trying to act like the North didn't have their share of hate crimes. They still do in fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
No, and neither did Jefferson Davis. Slavery was on route to being abolished in the CSA. I would say without the War, it would have been gone by 1875, and there would have been no CRA in the 60's because there would have been equality in the early 1900's. So then the beef between the north and south wasn't about slavery AT ALL.. it was just about the federal government Telling them THEY had to do it..and they didn't think it was their place to tell them? even though they planned to get rid of it in a decade? Cmon now...you can do better than this.. I don't know what kind of propaganda you're into, but that doesn't add up

Race relations are far better in the South than the North. In the South people don't view race as a big deal. please don't insult our intelligence.. I've been to the south.. and that is false..

So, what's the point of the question? I absolutely do not agree with slavery, segregation or racism at all.
So then what was the south right about? if they were wrong on slavery, racism and segregation.. that's three things they were pretty wrong on..
so HOW WAS THE SOUTH RIGHT??? you're 0-3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies