Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This article got me to thinking that these 2 groups really do have alot in common.
Include in that list the Global Warming fanatics. They seem to share the same attributes and behaviors you listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 AM

519 posts, read 688,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
This article got me to thinking that these 2 groups really do have alot in common. Not only do they want to use government and even violence to force their own view of God on everybody else but they seem to have the same likes and dislikes and think that, if they don't like something, it should be banned. I agree that a private religious nutcase school can do what it wants but how long until they tell us we cannot dance too? How long until they execute people for sinning?

The Buzz Log - Suspended for Dancing - Yahoo! Buzz
The fact that you didn't use the word "extremist" to describe these Muslims and Christians, and instead blanketed "these 2 groups" as nutcases, shows that people like you can't scrounge up one single objective thought on religion that's worthy of discussion. When you learn a little about either religion, come back and we'll have an objective conversation. Most Christians and/or Muslims could care less what the rest of the world does. Unfortunately, that fact is lost on most people.

Last edited by Johnny B. Fury; 06-07-2009 at 09:43 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 09:42 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
I think the extremists have gotten out of hand; the major difference is one group is far more insidious than the other.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
The fact that you didn't use the word "extremist" to describe these Muslims and Christians, and instead blanketed everyone that follows either religion as nutcases, shows that people like you can't scrounge up one single objective thought on religion that's worthy of discussion. When you learn a little about either religion, come back and we'll have an objective conversation. Most Christians and/or Muslims could care less what the rest of the world does.
WOW! Most be a blue moon, I agree with you.
While I disagree with those that want to point to a handfull of Muslims and label all Muslims as the same, the same applies to Christians, or any other religion for that matter. Each person that believes in a Creator has their own set of personal beliefs and viewpoint and each has their own individual pact with their Creator, to lump them all together under one label is neither fair or accurate. There are extremists in ALL beliefs and even amoung non-believers, duh, fortunately the vast magority of people on this planet are not extremists and will only tolerate then so far and for so long before bringing things back in balance.
Casper

Old 06-07-2009, 11:21 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Thread title changed.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 AM

117 posts, read 139,407 times
Hey don't forget about the Jewish extremists too, they are called the Likud Party and the Neocons!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,714,762 times
Jesus: love, pray for and bless your enemies.

Muhammad: There are three options in dealing with the infidel (anyone not a Muslim, i.e. the enemy) 1. Convert them 2. Tax them at a higher rate then Muslims and not allow them to have the good jobs 3. Kill them

yep, sounds just alike.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Jesus: love, pray for and bless your enemies.

Muhammad: There are three options in dealing with the infidel (anyone not a Muslim, i.e. the enemy) 1. Convert them 2. Tax them at a higher rate then Muslims and not allow them to have the good jobs 3. Kill them

yep, sounds just alike.
That's interesting because when Christians were expelling both Jews and Muslims from the Iberian peninsula and forcing conversion at the point of a sword, both Christians and Jews were free to live in the lands of Islam pretty up the present day.

IRAN: Life of Jews Living in Iran

Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 PM

639 posts, read 1,143,210 times
Hey Ghost...I'm VERY secure standing where I'm standing. You can't say I'm not going to call you a liar and then go on to call me a liar. I was there, you were not. It WAS reported in a lot of outlets (even though the LIBERAL media reports only what is "politically correct"" that Muslims were dancing in the streets.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Hey Ghost...I'm VERY secure standing where I'm standing. You can't say I'm not going to call you a liar and then go on to call me a liar. I was there, you were not. It WAS reported in a lot of outlets (even though the LIBERAL media reports only what is "politically correct"" that Muslims were dancing in the streets.
Never saw one such report and I was watching the news like crazy, including FOX, I have asked around and no one I know has ever heard this either. Do you have some viable sources you can produce to back up your "claim"? I said I had my doubts, but if the shoe fits go ahead and wear it. I will wait to see your proof.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies