Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you fly the flag
Yes, heritage not hate! 65 19.35%
No, I think its a symbol of hate 152 45.24%
No, but I would if I lived elsewhere 12 3.57%
No, I don't fly flags, but I have no problem with it 61 18.15%
Don't care either way 46 13.69%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
So you are equating the CSA, a nation that believed in equality for all (black, white, women, and men) according to its President, Jefferson Davis, with an ideology that believed in oppression of non-Aryans, and the rights of everyone.

The CSA was an extremely free and progressive nation. The Civil War would have never happened had Abraham Lincoln followed the Constitution. The Battle Flag is one of the few flags that I love (I love the flag of the US obviously, and would always fly at an equal height to the Battle Flag). The CSA stood for liberty and equality, not racism. The Civil War wasn't even about slavery. So many people have been miseducated. But asked even the most Liberal historian, and they will tell you that War was about stopping states from exercising their right to secession.
How kind of you to pretend to care about our opinions when it's glaringly obvious you were just looking for an argument.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:41 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
How kind of you to pretend to care about our opinions when it's glaringly obvious you were just looking for an argument.
please delete the word our from your response and read up on American history.you dont have a clue and its you looking for an argument.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
please delete the word our from your response and read up on American history.you dont have a clue and its you looking for an argument.
Read up on logical fallacies. Specifically straw man.

See wise guy, I didn't even bother to get that deeply into it. It's not worth it. I just said they were looking for an argument, and judging by the lecturing, hectoring tone (and yours too), I think it's a pretty safe bet that this person just wanted to lecture us (and now you too, by extension).

People like you, who think they have a lock on the "truth" are uninteresting and not valid interlocutors.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:47 PM

295 posts, read 320,548 times
If the CSA stood for equality, why bring AFRICANS from their HOMELAND, to perform SLAVERY to the CSA! I have southern ROOTS, soldiers buried at the CONFEDERATE cemetery in Marrietta, Georgia, but if the CSA stood for racial equality why enslave AFRICANS???

I love AFRICA, the continent is absolutely beautiful and the people , they maybe poor, but will give their blood for your well being!

I love my southern heritage and I do fly my Confederate flag but I would never say the flag is a just cause for heritage, many southerners in the 50's and 60's used the flag as a racist flag, and now we have to understand the double standard meaning of our southern flag!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
I have southern ROOTS, soldiers buried at the CONFEDERATE cemetery in Marrietta, Georgia
Marietta. Not Marrietta. Just sayin'.

Quote:
I love my southern heritage and I do fly my Confederate flag but I would never say the flag is a just cause for heritage, many southerners in the 50's and 60's used the flag as a racist flag, and now we have to understand the double standard meaning of our southern flag!
And it was in the 50s and 60s that the Confederate battle flag/naval jack started to show up everywhere in the South. That's when they put it on top of the SC State House and when it was incorporated into Georgia's state flag.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:57 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would no more fly the Nazi flag.

The history behind the confederate flag is that of an enemy of the US. To keep parading it about is an insult to our country.
Damn straight. If every state ran their own affairs, we would be no better than Afghanistan with a bunch of damn tribes and de facto slavery. Speaking of which... Thank God Lincoln had the guts and the generals to fix that mess.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default Do you fly the Confederate Flag?

No, I'm an American.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
As a side note, what do people think of someone displaying "swastika"? Offensive? No? Why?
Depends on who it is and in what context.

If a skin head is flying a Nazi flag and telling me that he will "f88king kill me cause I am a worthless k**e/h**b/"insert random Jewish racial slur here"", then yeah, to me personally that is offensive.

But in a traditional sense, nope not offensive at all.

Hitler took a beautiful thing and tried to defile it.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Your statement is incorrect regarding the Confederate Flag. This is the Confederate Flag.

I prefer this one honestly, lol!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 893 times
VERY late response (2 years) haha. But I fly my flag at my house , my truck, and my shirts. I live in SC so its not as much of a big deal - besides that one yankie or black who doesn't understand - doesn't stop to ask me why i wear it and just think its because im racist.
I fly it because it was my grand fathers flag. Its a beautiful flag that Shows that powerful government taking away our rights. Yes - one of the rights we defended was slavery. But that has gone away over time. The only thing against it is it USED to be a sign for slavery and whatnot (and used by kkk members and such) but if you take that stand - the ban the usa flag, the cross, all religious books, all religion, all flags, books, colors, etc. If it offends you - you do not understand it. I'd gladly die for the usa, my country. But I'm also a confederate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies