Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Under which circumstances should abortion be legal, if at all?
Legal under any circumstances 47 39.83%
Legal under most circumstances 35 29.66%
Legal only in a few circumstances 27 22.88%
Illegal in all circumstances 9 7.63%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:09 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Wrong. There are many pro-abortion people.
Exactly. I'll call the anti-life people pro-choice once I see some efforts on their part to stress other options along with abortion.

Pro-choice would mean promoting contraceptives before a pregnancy ever occurs and, once a woman is pregnant, promoting adoption along with abortion as a legitimate alternative.

They almost always seem to be adamantly opposed to legislation that requires women to be informed of other options (or "choices") before having an abortion. And they support "choice"?

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-17-2009 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,014,623 times
I put under most because I feel that later term abortions shouldn't be performed. That decision should have and could have been made at the early stages of the pregnancy.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,948 times
I think it should be the womans choice to decide if thats right for her. It is a very personal decision.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
No, there are not.

Find one.

NO ONE says they are for abortions....NO ONE LIKES abortions.

But many people are for freedom, individual liberty...the right to decide for themselves if they want an abortion.....and to let others do likewise.

The Anti-Choice crowd isn't for freedom nor liberty nor rights.
They want to FORCE others to follow their personal agenda despite all evidence that abortion:

1. has been around forever,

2. making it illegal will NOT STOP IT

3. it is used as a political platform when those advocating taking away a woman's rights have never and will never do a thing to change that because they USE it to TRY to win. And gullible people fall for it election after election.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:10 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
I am speaking for those who can not speak for themselves. Would you be okay with it if your mother aborted you? How come the person whose life is being terminated has no say? Abortion is different from getting your lip pierced or having a sex change because it involves another person than just the women.

How is the life inside the women different from the life outside it? Development? Size? Age? No sh*t. The life won't even go through puberty till age 13.
Well damn.

Would I be ok if my mother aborted me? Well...yeah. Not like I would have known. I would not have cared and I do not care if I was aborted. As stated, I would not have known.

Well you go ahead and speak for those who cannot speak. Abortion is legal and always will be.

And how is the life different? First of all, it replies on the mother. Second of all, in the first couple of weeks it is just a bunch of cells. Third of all, there is no proof or evidence that supports when life begins.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:14 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Abortion is different from getting your lip pierced or having a sex change because it involves another person than just the women.
But it is about the woman. And her right to decide what happens to her body.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Do you know what I don't like about the underlined term? It sounds as if you think there are people who think every pregnancy should be aborted. In my nearly six decades on the planet I don't think I've ever met anyone who believed that.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Exactly. I'll call the anti-life people pro-choice once I see some efforts on their part to stress other options along with abortion.

Pro-choice would mean promoting contraceptives before a pregnancy ever occurs and, once a woman is pregnant, promoting adoption along with abortion as a legitimate alternative.

They almost always seem to be adamantly opposed to legislation that requires women to be informed of other options (or "choices") before having an abortion. And they support "choice"?
I don't suppose you have a source to back that up? I think what's happening is that you are participating in discussions about abortion, where, naturally, abortion is what's being talked about and, from that, you are assuming that those who are pro-choice are 'pro-abortion' with no other options.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I don't suppose you have a source to back that up? I think what's happening is that you are participating in discussions about abortion, where, naturally, abortion is what's being talked about and, from that, you are assuming that those who are pro-choice are 'pro-abortion' with no other options.
Planned Parenthood always fights against bills in state legislatures to require counseling, viewing an ultrasound, etc.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Well damn.

Would I be ok if my mother aborted me? Well...yeah. Not like I would have known. I would not have cared and I do not care if I was aborted. As stated, I would not have known.

Well you go ahead and speak for those who cannot speak. Abortion is legal and always will be.
Not necessarily. We have the right to work to change things...just as much as you have the right to work to keep them the same.

I will admit there is a 99% chance that abortion will always be legal in some states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
And how is the life different? First of all, it replies on the mother. Second of all, in the first couple of weeks it is just a bunch of cells. Third of all, there is no proof or evidence that supports when life begins.
Which is why I am pro-life. Because we don't know. It's better to err on the side of caution and promote "choices" before a pregnancy ever occurs. There's a million different contraceptives out there, there's sterilization, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies