Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:58 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,200,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'm not a religious zealot or religious at all, but I'm against abortion. Funny that you automatically put the two together.
I don't "automatically put the two together" but people running their mouths about it and trying to impose their morality on others are usually the religious zealots. Others who believe in private usually don't wear it on their sleeves.

Quote:
There's also not becoming pregnant in the first place. There are so many different contraceptives available. The "young kids" you mention shouldn't be having sex at all.
Agreed, and we've taught our girls well. I don't expect them to become pregnant, but we all know how well abstinence works. That's just sticking your head in the sand and pretending that biology and millions of years of evolution (oh...most religious zealots don't believe in that either) haven't taken place.

The unfortunate fact is that millions of teens DO become pregnant each year. They have children they can't take care of and some of those kids are abused and end up in foster care or worse. The taxpayers pay the bill for much of it.

Quote:
You'd force her to have an abortion? That's actually illegal.
I would hope my daughter would have enough sense, but yes, in the end I'm the parent and she is the minor child. I have the right to determine how my child's healthcare will be handled. That's why I have to sign for her treatment, becaue my wife and I are in charge.

You seem so concerned about the fetus and not the least bit concerned about either the human being who is already here, or the future of that fetus if it was born. How many abortion opponents work so diligently for abused children once they're born? It seems most only care when there's a fetus involved, but they fail to think about anything else that happens to that child or the mother if carried to term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
3 anti-life/pro-death people have already posted on this thread....probably about 100 more to go as usual

pro-death?

I am totally for the death of lame attempts to label pro-choice people as being pro-abortion and baseless, scientifically unsupported statements that abortion murders a baby.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:25 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,605 times
It's absurd how some will fight to take away ones right when it doesn't suit their personal ideology. But when it's simply gun control(not ban), people's heads pop off. They want less government except when it involves personal choices that they personally disagree with like abortion and gay marriage.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Mr. President, as you speak at Notre Dame today, you will be looking out on a group of young women who are approaching their prime time for child-bearing. Now flash forward 10 years, two of those young women are your girls. Imagine one or both coming to you to say, "you were going to be a grandfather, but I aborted the baby."

In that crowd of young women, some are going to do exactly that to their parents. Just imagine a grandparent's pain....

Lets stop unwanted pregnancies, but not after the fact.
Just curious, OP, how many unwanted children have you adopted? I know you're sponsoring hundreds of thousands with your tax dollars, but how many have you actually brought home and raised, or are raising?

Old 05-17-2009, 08:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
when i said that, i meant to say that my sister communicated her pregnancy with our parents. she didn't go sneak off somewhere and do it alone. i am sure that my parents did the best they could for her just like they did for me. the right to abort a fetus properly belongs to the individual and should not belong to an archaic medieval stodgy religion (Catholics) headed universally by men. A man can never know what it feels like to abort. It is a personal decision best left to the family involved.
Well, yes, communication is key. The parents of a girl who died in a back-alley abortion said they would have helped her if they'd known. I heard them speak on NPR. Sadly, many young teens literally believe their parents would "kill" them if they got pregnant, or that they'd refuse to help them obtain an abortion.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:03 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Default High Tech Christian Chastity Belt

GPS-fitted lingerie a modern-day chasity belt, say feminists | The Courier-Mail

Old 05-17-2009, 09:15 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,556 times
Quote:
Mr. President, as you speak at Notre Dame today, you will be looking out on a group of young women who are approaching their prime time for child-bearing. Now flash forward 10 years, two of those young women are your girls. Imagine one or both coming to you to say, "you were going to be a grandfather, but I aborted the baby."

In that crowd of young women, some are going to do exactly that to their parents. Just imagine a grandparent's pain....

How about starting with the men and leave the women alone. The men impregnate lets stop that action first.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
How about starting with the men and leave the women alone. The men impregnate lets stop that action first.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:19 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
99 more to go....

It's their choice.

When men can carry a baby to term, they get an opinion.

Until then, if you're a man against abortion, keep it in your pants, and use it only when the woman you're partnering is going to have your baby and raise it properly.
Great post! We shall see how well this thought goes over.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:

So women should breed so their parents can become grandparents?

It's not about the grandparents!

It's about what a woman wants to do with her own body.

Women do NOT owe anyone a baby!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies