Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:10 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times

Advertisements

You all ready know how I stand on third term abortions...asking over and over will not yield different results. Also, a fetus is not a human..not yet.

Test tube babies could be aborted if an irregularity develops in the child. I have heard many pro-lifers state that a test tube baby isnt human...This always makes me laugh...they say that it isnt human because it does not come out of a womans body...actually it does...they extract the egg from the woman and sperm from a man...the means of how it is incubated is the only difference.

Also, your source for the states is not reliable. Any abortion clinic does not ask why have you come today...and if they do...you dont have to answer...also...according to your above stats...21% of all abortions are because they cannot afford it. Also, postponing childbearing could be a number of things..

Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post
Sure free speech. Ain't gonna do ya much good buddy . So you continue to waste your time.
I don't agree with 3rd trimester abortions unless it is for SEVERE/EMERGENCY circumstances. But again, most women are capable of deciding that themselves.

Sorry to break it to ya buddy, but we can't punish all women just because others abuse the abortion law. Does it bother me that there are a few women out there that think it's a joke to abort their 24 week old baby? Absolutely. But they are VERY rare.

Oh, btw, I love how you didn't take long to prove my ignorance theory LOL..ya know..the whole "genocide". You really believe abortion is like those ads of them throwing out babies don't you? 95%+ of women don't wait until they are past the 1st trimester...so shame on you for falling for it .

PRO-CHOICE!!!
1) I assure you I am not your buddy if you are going to be snide then skip it
2) Do you think 3rd term abortions with the exception of the life of the mother should be illegal?
3) Your ignorance shows. Denying life is killing. If i deny you your life you are dead and you will never live as a human again. When you deny life to 49 million in the class of the unborn it is a genocide.

4) Part of the democratic process is the free discussion of ideas. Others are expressing their opinions, and some of them are against mine. I should express my opinions, too. I will thus support the democratic process.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
You all ready know how I stand on third term abortions...asking over and over will not yield different results. Also, a fetus is not a human..not yet.

Test tube babies could be aborted if an irregularity develops in the child. I have heard many pro-lifers state that a test tube baby isnt human...This always makes me laugh...they say that it isnt human because it does not come out of a womans body...actually it does...they extract the egg from the woman and sperm from a man...the means of how it is incubated is the only difference.

Also, your source for the states is not reliable. Any abortion clinic does not ask why have you come today...and if they do...you dont have to answer...also...according to your above stats...21% of all abortions are because they cannot afford it. Also, postponing childbearing could be a number of things..
You have not answered should 3rd term abortions be illegal with the exception of life of the mother. You say you do not like them, but should they be illegal
the source is the [SIZE=1]The Alan Guttmacher Institute Online. They ar eht most releiable source as is their report. Strange how pro choicers choose to use parts of the report to defend their postition. [/SIZE]

Old 06-28-2009, 02:31 PM

341 posts, read 452,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
1) I assure you I am not your buddy if you are going to be snide then skip it
2) Do you think 3rd term abortions with the exception of the life of the mother should be illegal?
3) Your ignorance shows. Denying life is killing. If i deny you your life you are dead and you will never live as a human again. When you deny life to 49 million in the class of the unborn it is a genocide.

4) Part of the democratic process is the free discussion of ideas. Others are expressing their opinions, and some of them are against mine. I should express my opinions, too. I will thus support the democratic process.
HAHA, someone is losing their cool huh?

Like I said, it's your right to exercise free speech...definitely won't change the laws though.

Personally, I WILL answer your 3rd trimester question. I don't believe that 3rd trimester abortions should be performed for convenience. That's awful. However, no ONE, including the doctors, really knows what it is for. Two women that I know who have had 3rd trimester abortions had them because of incest (she was 13 at the time of the abortion and her half-brother was threatening her to) and the 2nd was because of a severely abusive spouse whose abuse was causing issues with the baby and pregnancy.

Neither one of them told the doctor what the abortion was for. But someone like you might judge it as "convenience" and want to outlaw it.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
You have not answered should 3rd term abortions be illegal with the exception of life of the mother. You say you do not like them, but should they be illegal
the source is the [SIZE=1]The Alan Guttmacher Institute Online. They ar eht most releiable source as is their report. Strange how pro choicers choose to use parts of the report to defend their postition. [/SIZE]
Abortion is always okay if if will result in the mothers death or the childs death, no matter when in pregnancy it is. If they discover that the mother could die in childbirth and it is in the third term...they should try to induce labor or have a Cecarian then it would likely allow both mother and child to live.

Also, I have not used any study to support my purpose on this debate...no study or source in necessary to protect ones right to choose.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Abortion is always okay if if will result in the mothers death or the childs death, no matter when in pregnancy it is. If they discover that the mother could die in childbirth and it is in the third term...they should try to induce labor or have a Cecarian then it would likely allow both mother and child to live.

Also, I have not used any study to support my purpose on this debate...no study or source in necessary to protect ones right to choose.
Should third term abortions with the execption of mothers health be outlawed?

I agree what you say about the mothers health
Should third term abortions with the execption of mothers health be outlawed?

Old 06-28-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Like I said, it's your right to exercise free speech...definitely won't change the laws though.

Personally, I WILL answer your 3rd trimester question. I don't believe that 3rd trimester abortions should be performed for convenience. That's awful. However, no ONE, including the doctors, really knows what it is for. Two women that I know who have had 3rd trimester abortions had them because of incest (she was 13 at the time of the abortion and her half-brother was threatening her to) and the 2nd was because of a severely abusive spouse whose abuse was causing issues with the baby and pregnancy.

Neither one of them told the doctor what the abortion was for. But someone like you might judge it as "convenience" and want to outlaw it.
So should third term abortions be outlawed with excepttions for mothers health and incest?

Old 06-28-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Further i did not lose my cool you did with your snide sarcastic remark.
I do not judge any individual so do not say i do. I am concerned about roe versus wade and trying to revoke it so it becomes a state issue

Old 06-28-2009, 03:10 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
Further i did not lose my cool you did with your snide sarcastic remark.
I do not judge any individual so do not say i do. I am concerned about roe versus wade and trying to revoke it so it becomes a state issue

Good luck with that.
It's been law for nearly 40 years now.
Ever heard of stare decisis?
In the four decades it's been law, there have been many attempts to overturn it. None have been successful, not even during conservative administrations, where openly prolife presidents nominated openly prolife judges to the supreme court.

Do you really think you'll succeed under Obama?
With every year that passes, Roe becomes more entrenched.
The Supreme Court does not reverse decisions after half a century of these decisions guiding our society and our way of life.
There is no realistic possibility that what you hope for may ever come to pass.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Good luck with that.
It's been law for nearly 40 years now.
Ever heard of stare decisis?
In the four decades it's been law, there have been many attempts to overturn it. None have been successful, not even during conservative administrations, where openly prolife presidents nominated openly prolife judges to the supreme court.

Do you really think you'll succeed under Obama?
With every year that passes, Roe becomes more entrenched.
The Supreme Court does not reverse decisions after half a century of these decisions guiding our society and our way of life.
There is no realistic possibility that what you hope for may ever come to pass.
Well I have seen many things done that were not suppose to be done. It will never be accomplished if people quit.Despite you wanting us to quit we will not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies