Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:48 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
No, you speak for yourself. You don't know what these "children" want, and i am quite sure that none of them would wish to be born to people who mistreated, abused or neglected them. I do think an abortion is better than allowing your two yr old to smother to death in a hot car, because you couldn't be bothered. I don't hide behind any shield or magic curtain or whatever else you continue to call it, i see it first hand everyday. Have you ever seen the remains of an aborted fetus? That is what it looks like.It doesn't come out resembling anything human. Sorry but that's the first hand truth. I personally think given your past experience, you are too close to this subject to be objective. And stomping up and down screaming, "it's wrong, it's wrong", doesn't make it so. You know the old saying opinions are like a**holes...everyone one has one(some are just bigger than others) but they're all full of Sh**. Isn't that the wonderful thing about america though...that we both have the CHOICE to voice ours!!!
So you are sure an unborn does not want to be born. So you claim the um born have a cognitive awareness that they are grateful they do not want the chance to live. Wow cognitive thought would mean a human.
Whether you see murder each day is not my concern. My concern is for that human developing changing and growing that has no voice.
And you stomping up and down saying it is ok to kill does not make it so.
Correct we both have a choice to voice our opinions because our mothers chose not to kill us even though they had the legal right to do so

Old 06-01-2009, 05:53 AM

530 posts, read 650,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
They have their shield they can hide behind. They hide behind the shield that says a woman has the right to choose to kill. Their sanctimonious attitude that is displayed when they defend a womans right to kill is shield for them to hide the death of 49 million.
Is this really your arguement...this magic sheild theory? Do you have any real facts to stand on? Because your arguement seems to be that you just think it's wrong and anyone who doesn't agree with you no matter the logic they present, is a baby killer. Want to take up a better arguement? Try standing up for all those childern already on earth being abuse , neglected starving to death, and dying for lack of things you and I take for granted, get outraged by that, because that is the bigger tragedy here!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Is this really your arguement...this magic sheild theory? Do you have any real facts to stand on? Because your arguement seems to be that you just think it's wrong and anyone who doesn't agree with you no matter the logic they present, is a baby killer. Want to take up a better arguement? Try standing up for all those childern already on earth being abuse , neglected starving to death, and dying for lack of things you and I take for granted, get outraged by that, because that is the bigger tragedy here!
On the subject of abortion the answer is i do not need another argument.
Pro death thinks its OK to abort because they hide behind the right of the woman to choose to kill
Pro life believes the most innocent in society deserve to be heard.

Changing the topic away from abortion does not change my stand on abortion. IF you would like to discuss children who were not denied their right to live start a thread and I will look for it

Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
So you are sure an unborn does not want to be born. So you claim the um born have a cognitive awareness that they are grateful they do not want the chance to live. Wow cognitive thought would mean a human.
Whether you see murder each day is not my concern. My concern is for that human developing changing and growing that has no voice.
And you stomping up and down saying it is ok to kill does not make it so.
Correct we both have a choice to voice our opinions because our mothers chose not to kill us even though they had the legal right to do so
No sir, I don't claim to know what these "childern" want, because, I don't know and neither do you, that is my point. We don't know what "they" want, feel, perceive. My stomping has the law and logic on my side. Yes you know what my mother did choose not to but she was happily married, healthy and could afford to have a child. This sir, is not always the case and you can't deny people their rights and not know the situation they are in. I also love the fact that you argue with what you want but refuse to acknowledge the parts of an arguement where you have no leg to stand on.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
No sir, I don't claim to know what these "childern" want, because, I don't know and neither do you, that is my point. We don't know what "they" want, feel, perceive. My stomping has the law and logic on my side. Yes you know what my mother did choose not to but she was happily married, healthy and could afford to have a child. This sir, is not always the case and you can't deny people their rights and not know the situation they are in. I also love the fact that you argue with what you want but refuse to acknowledge the parts of an arguement where you have no leg to stand on.
I defend life , the right for people to live. Sorry you disagree with that right. You can deny life all you want in the name of choice. You can defend denying life. You can say its legal . But it does not make it right.
It was legal for the Germans to kill Jews. Was it right?
So this perception that a unborn should not be born if the life is going to be hard is nothing but a further shield . How many people have lived great lives with a hard life. Would it have been easier on Obamas Mouthe to have aborted him? Mixed child back than was going to be hard to raise?
So this excuse for killing the unborn because their life might be hard, is just another excuse to deny life. You can hide behind those excuses , i choose not to

Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 AM

No, i don't need an "excuse", you set here and say that things are wrong, but have no FACTS to stand on. I said I think it's better to have an abortion than to leave your 2 yr old to smother to death in a car. I still think while were talking about your favorite subject of Hitler ( and maybe if you are so outraged by that you should start a thread on it and leave it off of this one!) , the world would have been better off if his mother would have had an abortion. As I had to say, one too many times to you, I have never, never denied anyone life! This arguement with you has become silly and futile, please come back when you have some facts to stand on, and something that makes sense to argue instead of this broken record and your " I have a not so good feeling about this" attitude. I have a bad feeling about Mc Donald's too, so I dont eat there or let my kid eat there...but I would never dream of trying to ban it for millions of people whom I don't know. See the logic in that, it's my choice not to participate in something i feel is harmful ( and if you think Mcdonalds isn't...look at the number of obese people in america who are eating themselves to death).

Old 06-01-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
No, i don't need an "excuse", you set here and say that things are wrong, but have no FACTS to stand on. I said I think it's better to have an abortion than to leave your 2 yr old to smother to death in a car. I still think while were talking about your favorite subject of Hitler ( and maybe if you are so outraged by that you should start a thread on it and leave it off of this one!) , the world would have been better off if his mother would have had an abortion. As I had to say, one too many times to you, I have never, never denied anyone life! This arguement with you has become silly and futile, please come back when you have some facts to stand on, and something that makes sense to argue instead of this broken record and your " I have a not so good feeling about this" attitude. I have a bad feeling about Mc Donald's too, so I dont eat there or let my kid eat there...but I would never dream of trying to ban it for millions of people whom I don't know. See the logic in that, it's my choice not to participate in something i feel is harmful ( and if you think Mcdonalds isn't...look at the number of obese people in america who are eating themselves to death).
You have no facts . The facts are 49 million have been denies theri life. That is a fact. The fact is you say its ok because the mother has a legal right to kill. What other facts confuse you.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 AM

Continuing this arguement with you is like beating my head against a wall. You are exhausting and I refuse to do it any longer. Fact abortion is legal, get over it! Not a fact:In your opinion people are being denied their right to live. Fact: I say it's ok because it's LEGAL and because you cannot strip someone of thier rights, because you don't like what they are doing with them or we are no better than hitler. You are a man, and in my opinion, you have no say so as to what I or any other woman does with our bodies Let's start forcing men to do things they don't want and see how far that goes. You my friend are the one who is confused about the facts.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:55 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
You have no facts . The facts are 49 million have been denies theri life. That is a fact. The fact is you say its ok because the mother has a legal right to kill. What other facts confuse you.
Yes, it is a fact that 49+ million fetuses have been killed.

I fail to see the relevance of that as to why abortion should be made illegal.

It doesn't sway me, it doesn't strike me, and I don't particuarly care, as the mother's right to bodily domain will always trump a fetus's right to life in my mind.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Continuing this arguement with you is like beating my head against a wall. You are exhausting and I refuse to do it any longer. Fact abortion is legal, get over it! Not a fact:In your opinion people are being denied their right to live. Fact: I say it's ok because it's LEGAL and because you cannot strip someone of thier rights, because you don't like what they are doing with them or we are no better than hitler. You are a man, and in my opinion, you have no say so as to what I or any other woman does with our bodies Let's start forcing men to do things they don't want and see how far that goes. You my friend are the one who is confused about the facts.
I have said its legal. It is a fact abortion denies the chance of the fetus to live.
Fact we agree you say it ok becasue it is legal so the fact is you hide behind the legal choice shield just a si have said.
Cant tell you how mnay times a woman has made me do something i did not do, however it did not involve denying someone life.

So we are clear on the facts.
Fact 49 million have been denied their right to live. You cant change that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies