Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:10 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
oh wise one. Your words flow as truth to my ears as always! I can agree with you as a whole in this ^ statement
Yes Grasshopper. With proper focus, we can all reach oneness...

Old 06-26-2009, 09:14 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
No, All form of government is wrong when it comes to a moral debate. They do not think morally, they think financially.

Would you want to report to the government everytime you had sex? decided to sleep in? When ever this counties government gets involved and prohibits something (prohabition) like with alcohal before and drugs now. The act that is considered Illegal is still done, and spawns ciminal activity. If there was no prohabitions, we would not have most of the criminal groups as it is.

I garentee you that if the government puts a prohabition on abortion, we will see a rise in "criminal activity". Normal citizens who would never commit a crime, would be commiting crimes all the time.

Every time the government tells us what we can or cant do...the majority do it any ways.

Yes, of course murder, rape, robbery, etc. are Bad. They are there for a reason. The government needs to learn from its mistakes...as do we all. No one learns from others mistakes...you have to experiance it yourself.
It is not the job of the federal government to decide this issue. Yet roe versus wade does that. Most murder laws are state based as abortion laws should be

Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 PM

530 posts, read 650,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
It is not the job of the federal government to decide this issue. Yet roe versus wade does that. Most murder laws are state based as abortion laws should be
Ok, look we get it, federal vs state...blah, blah, blah. What makes you think the outcome would be any different if it were a state issue? And if it were a state issue and it were still legal what then? Would you be happy or santisfied? Would you shut up and stop your ranting? Likely not. Here's an idea instead of the federal government or the state government deciding.....lets let the individuals involved decide for themselves, then everyone wins!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Yes Grasshopper. With proper focus, we can all reach oneness...
LOL! perhaps you and I can, but we know where our oneness and happiness lie, unlike most! I'm quite sure our meditational plane is worlds above and different than the rest. Love you anyway!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:22 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,976 times
let me ask those who are in favor or pro choice...do you sleep well knowing that you dont interfere with anyone's right to be happy?

I know I do....

Old 06-27-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Ok, look we get it, federal vs state...blah, blah, blah. What makes you think the outcome would be any different if it were a state issue? And if it were a state issue and it were still legal what then? Would you be happy or santisfied? Would you shut up and stop your ranting? Likely not. Here's an idea instead of the federal government or the state government deciding.....lets let the individuals involved decide for themselves, then everyone wins!
what would be different is the people of each state could decide for themselves. The fight for abortion or against abortion would be a 50 separate state issue. It would allow that choice to be made at a state level. If the pro choice side thinks their position is so strong why would they be scared of letting states decide.
At a state level you do not have the federal government saying it is ok to murder. if the people of a state approve it then the pro choice versus pro life battle would go to local levels where the people can decide not the government
Why woudl the pro choice be scared to let the people decide?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
what would be different is the people of each state could decide for themselves. The fight for abortion or against abortion would be a 50 separate state issue. It would allow that choice to be made at a state level. If the pro choice side thinks their position is so strong why would they be scared of letting states decide.
At a state level you do not have the federal government saying it is ok to murder. if the people of a state approve it then the pro choice versus pro life battle would go to local levels where the people can decide not the government
Why woudl the pro choice be scared to let the people decide?
See the funny thing is people did decide. Those people were elected by our president and approved by our elected officials to decide the laws of this land. They are called the supreme court. And basicaly you just want something to gripe about because you would still not be happy if the states decided. You want to decide. Sorry about your luck.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
See the funny thing is people did decide. Those people were elected by our president and approved by our elected officials to decide the laws of this land. They are called the supreme court. And basicaly you just want something to gripe about because you would still not be happy if the states decided. You want to decide. Sorry about your luck.
They still can decide...dont get an abortion...right there you have decided...just because something is legal does not mean you have to do it.

Smoking and drinking are legal...but you dont have to do that...
Abortion is legal...but you are not forced to do it...unlike some countries.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
The president did not decide roe versus wade. Yes i think its up to the people of each state to decide. Since it currently not up to the states I have every right to try to support the overturning of roe versus wade. Sorry if you do not think I have that right

Old 06-27-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
The president did not decide roe versus wade. Yes i think its up to the people of each state to decide. Since it currently not up to the states I have every right to try to support the overturning of roe versus wade. Sorry if you do not think I have that right
You do realize that it is a state issue. If a state wanted to make it illegal in their state they could...all they would have to do is make it an issue to vote on when that time comes and have the majority vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies