Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:54 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This whole damn house and everything in it can wash away; I'll cry but those things can be replaced. Some of those people were just ridiculous.
I agree 100%. The only things I care about in my house are the things that have beating hearts. There is NOTHING in here that I would stay for and risk my life or risk the lives of others who then would have to come and rescue my dumb a$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
It's only a matter of time before someone yells racism for putting these leeches out on their asses.
Exactly! Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and his crooked politician son will all be there protesting.

Funny how when I was down there volunteering for 5 weeks I never saw one of those losers and I was in the main medical center that was set up! You'd think I would have seen them at least once, wouldn't you? Hmmm?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
It's only a matter of time before someone yells racism for putting these leeches out on their asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Exactly! Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and his crooked politician son will all be there protesting.
I'm waiting for it. Of course, the news is going to find some black woman with no teeth wearing a shower cap to interview. And of course, she'll say something like "I's don't know what me and my 8 grown children and they 15 grown children and they 30 children gone do."

And the media will say Obama is already turning on "his" people and how can he do this with the country in the worst economic state since the great depression when there's no hope for these people to find jobs and decent places to live - like they had jobs and decent places to live BEFORE Katrina.

Yep I'm waiting for it. Me and my boyfriend have a bet going - he thinks the lady is going to have all gold teeth and a weave.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm waiting for it. Of course, the news is going to find some black woman with no teeth wearing a shower cap to interview. And of course, she'll say something like "I's don't know what me and my 8 grown children and they 15 grown children and they 30 children gone do."

And the media will say Obama is already turning on "his" people and how can he do this with the country in the worst economic state since the great depression when there's no hope for these people to find jobs and decent places to live - like they had jobs and decent places to live BEFORE Katrina.

Yep I'm waiting for it. Me and my boyfriend have a bet going - he thinks the lady is going to have all gold teeth and a weave.

You are too funny but very smart!

I dont' know but they are living there because they chose to live there. There is plenty of opportunity and they can get out of there. They choose not to.

I know a girl who because a Pharmacist and she was homeless. She literally lived in her car and she had 2 kids. She barely made it but she did. She didn't give up.

I also knew a girl who was in her 4th yr of Pharmacy school and she quit because she got pregnant.

One fought on and the other threw in the towel.

Many of these people in New Orleans are probably 6th generation welfare. I say Welfare is nothing other than modern day slavery. They hand their power over to the government all for what? So they dont have to get their lazy a$$'s up to go to work?

I feel bad for the kids.

Last edited by JennySquirrel; 05-25-2009 at 02:03 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 01:15 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
You are too funny but very smart!

I dont' know but they are living there because they chose to live there. There is plenty of opportunity and they can get out of there. They choose not to.

I know a girl who because a Pharmacist and she was homeless. She literally lived in her car and she had 2 kids. She barely made it but she did. She didn't give up.

I also knew a girl who was in her 4th yr of Pharmacy school and she quit because she got pregnant.

One fought on and the other threw in the towel.

The people in New Orleans are probably 6th generation welfare. I say Welfare is nothing other than modern day slavery. They hand their power over to the government all for what? So they dont have to get their lazy a$$'s up to go to work?

I feel bad for the kids.
It's people like you and your way of thinking is what dooms the republican party... You know why? Each person you mention in this thread that you belittle counts as a vote. Do you think these less fortunate folks vote Republican? The landscape of the demographics is changing and if the GOP does not change with it than they will be the left behind. They are already considered a regional party with an out dated ideology... The sad part of it is is Powell calls it like it is and you have neoCONS such as Cheney and Rove sucking up to a druggie radio hack that has never served his country...

Old 05-25-2009, 01:19 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,082 times
The first thing I noticed when I read this story on AOL last night, was the newish looking vehicles and the number of kids UNDER 4 YEARS OLD. These people live in trashy trailers provided by the government, live off the community around them, live off the goodness of the country and all they have to do is procreate?

They have at least 3 kids that look like babies (All conceived AFTER Katrina). If the media is playing for sympathy for these people they are looking in the wrong place. Four years in temporary housing, welfare for at least 10 people in one family, in one small trailer doesn't even begin to raise any sympathy with me.

Those people have to stop having sex and find a job and a place to live.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
It's people like you and your way of thinking is what dooms the republican party... You know why? Each person you mention in this thread that you belittle counts as a vote. Do you think these less fortunate folks vote Republican? The landscape of the demographics is changing and if the GOP does not change with it than they will be the left behind. They are already considered a regional party with an out dated ideology... The sad part of it is is Powell calls it like it is and you have neoCONS such as Cheney and Rove sucking up to a druggie radio hack that has never served his country...
Dukey, I told you before I am not a Repulican and I have never listened to Rush. Thanks for all the assumptions.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
interesting how that mean violent 4th generation hardened gangbangers who will not work no matter how much money or benefits is paid, were raised to exaulted level, katrina victims, overnight.
a former
new orleans resident

Old 05-25-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
The first thing I noticed when I read this story on AOL last night, was the newish looking vehicles and the number of kids UNDER 4 YEARS OLD. These people live in trashy trailers provided by the government, live off the community around them, live off the goodness of the country and all they have to do is procreate?

They have at least 3 kids that look like babies (All conceived AFTER Katrina). If the media is playing for sympathy for these people they are looking in the wrong place. Four years in temporary housing, welfare for at least 10 people in one family, in one small trailer doesn't even begin to raise any sympathy with me.

Those people have to stop having sex and find a job and a place to live.

If the handouts stopped, you could be sure they would get jobs and use birth control.

Who can afford 5 kids these days? When I was growing up I only knew one family that had 4 kids and their Dad was a surgeon.

If you can't afford them, don't have them.

But these hand outs are not going to stop. As a matter of fact, they will get worse. Wait til Obama grants amnesty.

I often wonder in 10 yrs who is going to be supporting these masses of people? The welfare numbers keep going up and they will expect the "rich" to pay for it. Well what will happen with the "rich" say "game over" and cut back on their income?

I know I will. I'm sick of working 14 hrs a day to support these leeches.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:31 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
um, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies