Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 AM

2,788 posts, read 8,012,671 times

Advertisements

FBI: Philly woman faked abduction, took daughter to Disney instead -- OrlandoSentinel.com

I find it really unsettling that it's still so easy for a White woman to claim harm from Black attackers and the public accepts it hook, line , and sinker. I wonder how many men in Philadelphia were shaken down by police for this incident.
This has been perpetrated by a woman murdering her kids and a Boston man disposing of his pregnant wife. Both cases prompted subsequent arrests and releases of supposed Black attackers. Sad how quickly we give in to racial profiling even today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Stuart_(murderer)
This Day in History 1994: Susan Smith reports a false carjacking to cover her murder

Old 05-28-2009, 05:36 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,233 times
I am a WASP. This woman is obviously off of her rocker. Prison isn't good enough for her. Let's put her on her hands and knees scrubbing the floors of some food pantry kitchens.

That being said, with the current amount of crime occurring in our nation, especially in the big cities, it is easy to suggest that an alternative ethnic person did the crime. Don't take offense if you are black, red, yellow, white, or brown the blame flows both ways, often without a grain of truth.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:58 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,743 times
You're going out of your way to cry racism.

If the report had been a woman was abducted by two white guys, or two guys without mentioning race, are you suggesting that the police would have just ignored it?

The police responded, as they have to in a case like this, but it's not like they just started rounding up black guys and arresting them. They quickly saw through the holes in the story and caught the woman.

This is about one crazy person. You're just looking to complain about something.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,162,884 times
Reminds me of Tawana Brawley where she "claimed" to have been abducted by white guys.

Last edited by Torn2pieces; 05-28-2009 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 AM

Having not been present at the actual police precinct where this took place I can't say that there wasn't a potential arrest in progress. Justice was probably served by the fact that technology offers us nearly immediate access to tips, reports and observations. The two cases I cited in the 90's did result in men under custody until the facts were detailed.
What bothers me is that the perpetrator felt the false report would be believed by law enforcement and the public. She could have simply said two men but she felt compelled to add what she thought to be a plausible detail.
Yes, she's a loony, but I say it's a shame.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Reminds me of Twawana Brawley where she "claimed" to have been abducted by white guys.
Another case in point.Until we get beyond the racial stereotyping ne'er -do -wells can still exploit this sad fact of our culture.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,042 times
Do I need to bring up the Duke rape case?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
Having not been present at the actual police precinct where this took place I can't say that there wasn't a potential arrest in progress. Justice was probably served by the fact that technology offers us nearly immediate access to tips, reports and observations. The two cases I cited in the 90's did result in men under custody until the facts were detailed.
What bothers me is that the perpetrator felt the false report would be believed by law enforcement and the public. She could have simply said two men but she felt compelled to add what she thought to be a plausible detail.
Yes, she's a loony, but I say it's a shame.
I went ahead and highlighted the parts of your post that point out that you're just trying to find something to rant about, but have no actual idea of what went on.

Again, this wasn't a vast white conspiracy. It was one crazy person.

The cases you spoke about, while they may be a shame, were a long time ago, and again, isolated incidents.

Once we start looking at all the good, as opposed to the one or two bad things, life will seem much more pleasant.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Do I need to bring up the Duke rape case?
Yep. Didn't see the NAACP jump behind this one, huh?

It's not a black and white thing. It's a crazy person thing.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,266 times
Default alas Susan Smith!

It is bad enough to read in the paper about so many Black men killing each other on the streets and have to worry about someone lieing about her abductions and accusing 2 Black men!

That was horrible my friend.

I'm from the Philly area and the Traffic was real bad!

They launched an Amber Alert. We have signs all around Philly for motorist to be vigilant about finding that missing 9 year old.

It was all for nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies