Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of homosexual marriages?
Strongly Approve 53 36.81%
Approve 24 16.67%
Somewhat Approve 2 1.39%
Mixed 3 2.08%
Somewhat Disapprove 2 1.39%
Disapprove 11 7.64%
Strongly Disapprove 43 29.86%
Don't Know/Unsure 2 1.39%
No Opinion 4 2.78%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
In my opinion, I disapprove of homosexual marriages.
You mean, if they have a private ceremony, which does not required your consent, or the endorsement by the government, you still disapprove of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
LOL - OP was the person who made the thread about a month ago suggesting that adultery be criminalized. Not a surprise that he "strongly disapproves" of same-sex marriage or unions.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,361 times
Does every other thread here need to be about gay issues? Nothing like hashing something over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:45 PM

72 posts, read 226,953 times
I strongly disapprove of gay marriages.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
Does every other thread here need to be about gay issues? Nothing like hashing something over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Just wait until LuckyGem sees it.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:42 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times
I loathe the fact that a consenting adult feel it's their right to do what ever the hell they want with another consenting adult. It is my damn business what other people do because if I do not like it they should not do it and those are the rules in America.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times
I honestly don't care anymore.

This thread will be the last time I even post about the issue, because I really don't care anymore.

I'm not personally in favor of gay marriage. What I am in favor of is the peoples' right to assemble

If you're in favor of gay marriage and you want to assemble and make your views known, I will not stand with you, but I support your right to a peaceful protest.

I know that gets off of the topic, but I have a reason for saying it here.

The fact is, some of us are just starting to not care. That's not good for your cause. Instead of stating your case in one central location, you're spreading your views all over the place. Shoving it down peoples' throats is going to do the exact opposite of what you thought it would do. People are getting bored, and you're dangerously close to becoming irrelevant. I know that's not what you want.

Good luck with your quest, but try to remember that sometimes less is more.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
In my opinion, I disapprove of homosexual marriages.
Haven't we done this topic to death on CD.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:39 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I honestly don't care anymore.

This thread will be the last time I even post about the issue, because I really don't care anymore.

I'm not personally in favor of gay marriage. What I am in favor of is the peoples' right to assemble

If you're in favor of gay marriage and you want to assemble and make your views known, I will not stand with you, but I support your right to a peaceful protest.

I know that gets off of the topic, but I have a reason for saying it here.

The fact is, some of us are just starting to not care. That's not good for your cause. Instead of stating your case in one central location, you're spreading your views all over the place. Shoving it down peoples' throats is going to do the exact opposite of what you thought it would do. People are getting bored, and you're dangerously close to becoming irrelevant. I know that's not what you want.

Good luck with your quest, but try to remember that sometimes less is more.
I can just imagine if that is the approach MLK would have taken.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Just wait until LuckyGem sees it.
My views are well established on other threads about this subject.

I'll just reserve my comments because I have aired them already.

I voted. Guess for which option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies