Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
I know hat you mean. i ran into one of those on here. He reported me for attacking him personally on here. never mind i just ignore him now.
Thanks for the info and that link you had on brit hospitals is very interesting. Too many on here believe the newspapers and the agenda rdden headlines. Nice to actually get the facts from someone who has really been involved with a uhc system.
there are people in America who lose sleep worryinmg about their and their familys healthcare. seems so strange to have a place where not one person worrys about their healthcare or getting treatment. maybe it will happen in America soon.
Even though America is a absolutely amazing country, it has a lot to learn about providing a Health Service to its Citizens. Americans are so used to the two tier system of medicine in America that the people who have Health Care will fight tooth and nail to keep their elitist position. How dare the normal working American want great health care. Health care for every9one is around the corner. Every journey starts with a single breat and watch this space because you will get a UHC. Obama is much cleverer than people think and he knows that he must tread gently right now but once the momentum builds up he will make drasic changes. You will see a nesw Health System in America and it will be soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
The United States has the best health care of anywhere on the Planet - bar none.

As for a UHC style scheme? Not in the United States. Not in the foreseeable future. There is not the desire nor will to adopt such a scheme.

Nor, is it being seriously proposed by those in power. This President is not proposing it for sure.

Will there be some great changes to the way health insurance is offered? Absolutely! And should be.

Opening up the insurance pools will bring costs down

Requiring insurance be made availabe to those with pre existing conditions is a certainty

Providing subsidizes to those with financial issues to help them get the insurance they want will come

Providing for full deductibility of insurance premiums

And much more.

A single payer insurance scheme? Nope - it is not going to happen. Those that are waiting for such schemes are going to be seriously disappointed -

Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Providing for full deductibility of insurance premiums
This is something that has always ticked me off. I never understood why an individual has to pay his health ins. with after tax dollars and Corps and businesses pay their and their employees with before tax dollars.

IMO this should have happened a LONG time ago.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM

221 posts, read 219,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Even though America is a absolutely amazing country, it has a lot to learn about providing a Health Service to its Citizens. Americans are so used to the two tier system of medicine in America that the people who have Health Care will fight tooth and nail to keep their elitist position. How dare the normal working American want great health care. Health care for every9one is around the corner. Every journey starts with a single breat and watch this space because you will get a UHC. Obama is much cleverer than people think and he knows that he must tread gently right now but once the momentum builds up he will make drasic changes. You will see a nesw Health System in America and it will be soon.
I hope you are right. I do know one thing that i am now going to become active in trying to make sure a uhc is created in America. I was open minded as to a uhc but the absolute lack of facts as to why America shouldn't have one has made me realise that we really do need a uhc.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM

I am really very happy to see anyone get involved with their government. Becoming involved and campaigning for a person, a party, or an issue is THE essence of what made, and will make again, this country GREAT.

I have often commented to people that I really don't care who they voted for - the fact they voted was the main thing - the fact that they made their voices heard.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Geeoro you should try to get involved. You really understand the isues and have real facts to tell us. You would be invaluble as you are one of very few here who has actualy used a uhc system

Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Geeoro you should try to get involved. You really understand the isues and have real facts to tell us. You would be invaluble as you are one of very few here who has actualy used a uhc system
He is not a US Citizen. He cannot vote in the United States.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
You know i might just do that when i get back to Houston. I know that there are people in my neighbourhood that i have spoken to in the past about a UHC who have also said that i made them rethink the whole UHC issue. I also get frequent emails from the Obama headquarters.
I am in London right now. I had a Diabetic clinic check up and got some insulin etc. As soon as i get back i think i'll do some organising.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 PM

I am in Florida. Maybe i can get thibgs going here. we could start a America wide campaign, that would be cool. i know my buddies would love to help. i will show them your link

Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I am in Florida. Maybe i can get thibgs going here. we could start a America wide campaign, that would be cool. i know my buddies would love to help. i will show them your link
A word of advice - you need to contact your Congressional Representatives as well - they need to be a part of your movement - without them, it is for naught.

Try and go see your Congressional Representatives also -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies