Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 04:06 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
? "color blind," that's not what I meant. Guantanamo -- Obama hasnt decided to leave it open. Release the abuse photos - probably he didnt realize how bad they were going to be. Also, he went back and forth with the decision in his own mind -- he didnt have to be yanked back on his leash by other, calmer, smarter people the way Newtie did. He came to the sensible conclusion himself - didnt have to be told.
Obama should have never wanted to release the abuse photos in the first place. The fact that he reversed himself after all the prodding is not a big compliment to him.

Obama signed an executive order to close Guantanamo on the 2nd full day of his Presidency. He put zero thought into this decision, as he put zero thought into the stimulus package (which I doubt he read one word of before signing). My guess is he will have put zero thought into Healthcare reform if that makes its way to his desk (which, hopefully, it will not).

Look at the stimulus package; it has done nothing to help the Economy (as many of us predicted). There will be a jobs report Friday showing a loss of 500K or so jobs last month. That's more than 2 million jobs lost since Obama was inaugurated.

Sotomayor's statement was racist. Whether she is a racist, who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:08 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
The white house wouldnt just tell you that. Nawwww

Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You can't really be that dense can you? It was from McClatchy!

Why'd Obama switch on detainee photos? Maliki went ballistic | McClatchy
Good heavens, you people depend so much on the insults to feel good. "You cant be that dense", "You are always wrong" etc etc etc. Why not just address the topic and save time.

This below is the link you gave initially, which is different from the McClatchy link you give in your second attempt, obviously (the McClatchy one sez "McClatchy," etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Why'd Obama switch on detainee photos? Maliki went ballistic (http://topiclinks.boston.com/article/07d52Zb5V34d5?q=John+Kerry - broken link)
This is its html, with a space in "http" so it doesnt create a url.

h ttp://topiclinks.boston.com/article/07d52Zb5V34d5?q=John+Kerry

So, click the "Full article" link at the very first article, up at the top -- that would be the top of boston.com's search results for "John+Kerry" btw -- and see where it goes; why I have no idea but it's your link so I suppose you have your reasons.

So...I dont care that you tried to change your linkage, to cover up something you dont want to admit for whatever reason, but you need to know that anyone can see what you're doing. So why not just be honest.

And thanks for linking to "that guy" . I know he tells the truth, too; we agree on that

But why did you try to change the links?

Last edited by delusianne; 06-03-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: added last Q

Old 06-03-2009, 05:24 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Good heavens, you people depend so much on the insults to feel good. "You cant be that dense", "You are always wrong" etc etc etc. Why not just address the topic and save time.

This below is the link you gave initially, which is different from the McClatchy link you give in your second attempt, obviously (the McClatchy one sez "McClatchy," etc.).

This is its html, with a space in "http".

Now to move along with this, when you click the "Full article" link at the very first article, up at the top -- that would be the top of boston.com's search results for "John+Kerry" btw -- and see where it goes; why I have no idea but it's your link so I suppose you have your reasons.

So...I dont care that you tried to change your linkage, to cover up something you dont want to admit for whatever reason, but you need to know that anyone can see what you're doing. So why not just be honest.

And thanks for linking to "that guy" . I know he tells the truth, too; we agree on that

But why did you try to change the links?

OK I will try to be patient. OPen the Michael Moore link and look at the byline it gives the authors name and then McClatchy. You need to understand wether it is on NewsMax, Michael Moore, most newspapers, stories come from very few sources usually AP but sometimes others like McClatchy.

I think I do loose patience with you though because of your fixation on the irrelevant. The links are different but the stories are identical. How about discussing the substance.

I didn't change any link I copied from Google.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Sorry, you gave

in your first post, and

h ttp://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/v-print/story/69213.html

in your second.

No, seriously! I like MM too! Dont be ashamed!

Old 06-03-2009, 05:33 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,377,499 times
Quote:
WASHINGTON – Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Wednesday he shouldn't have called Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor a racist, but said he was still concerned that she would bring bias to her decisions.
Gingrich backs off 'racist' label for Sotomayor - Yahoo! News
In other words, he's coming into line with the smarter, quicker Republicans who knew right away this inflammatory talk would antagonize potential voters.

What a, um, prostitute.
Not quite sure if he really changed his postition....

He said he should not have called her a racist, but should have called her words racist.

Quote:
With these critics who want to have an honest conversation, I agree. The word “racist†should not have been applied to Judge Sotomayor as a person, even if her words themselves are unacceptable (a fact which both President Obama and his Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs, have since admitted).

So it is to her words -- the ones quoted above and others -- to which we should turn, for they show that the issue here is not racial identity politics. Sotomayor’s words reveal a betrayal of a fundamental principle of the American system -- that everyone is equal before the law. Supreme Court Nominee Sotomayor: You Read, You Decide

Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Obama should have never wanted to release the abuse photos in the first place. The fact that he reversed himself after all the prodding is not a big compliment to him.

Obama signed an executive order to close Guantanamo on the 2nd full day of his Presidency. He put zero thought into this decision, as he put zero thought into the stimulus package (which I doubt he read one word of before signing). My guess is he will have put zero thought into Healthcare reform if that makes its way to his desk (which, hopefully, it will not).

Look at the stimulus package; it has done nothing to help the Economy (as many of us predicted). There will be a jobs report Friday showing a loss of 500K or so jobs last month. That's more than 2 million jobs lost since Obama was inaugurated.

Sotomayor's statement was racist. Whether she is a racist, who knows?
No, he put a lot of thought into the decision, though shorebaby points me to Michael Moore's site where an article shows me my source -- liberal medium cnn, with a headline like this!: Obama reverses course on alleged prison abuse photos - CNN.com -- may have been incorrect, and I'll go along with shorebaby's link. The initial stimulus and the stimuli that followed absolutely helped the economy. Sotomayor's statement - your opinion.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry, you gave

in your first post, and

in your second.

The stories are the same are they not?

OK Lets try this. If you read a box score for your favorite baseball team in the paper do you think the paper makes it? Nope It comes from MLB so the box scores in the NY Times and NY Post are the same. Does that mean their take on political issues is the same?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry, you gave

in your first post, and

in your second.

By the way are ready to admit Obama takes marching orders? HMM? Nah you would rather fixate on silliness.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Not quite sure if he really changed his postition....

He said he should not have called her a racist, but should have called her words racist.
He had to save face. By agreeing to tone down his rhetoric he proved that his initial aggressive attitude toward Sotomayor had no purpose but to rile up the sheep, plus that all he -- and the RNC -- are concerned about is getting votes. They dont care whether Sotomayor will be good or bad for the country. He just bet wrong initially, that's all -- whoever yanked him back onto the porch reminded him that they've already got the racist sheep; they need to be wooing different flocks now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies