Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 05:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The whole feminist thing is so crazy...a group of so called woman yelling and screaming that they can do eveything better than man ....I always hated it...

Man are needed and woman can't do all without man and the other way around!

I'm in favor of birth control and in certain cases I'm in favor of abortus (like in ape cases, etc), but please stop with the feminist thing...mostly a bunch of woman who look like man stating they can do it all until they need a man!
It's your simple-minded interpretation that's crazy, not to mention damaging to yourself. It's got nothing to do with "the whole feminist thing."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 05:56 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,478,621 times
Birth Control-Good. Unwanted kids running and screaming through the isles with dried up snot and kool aid mouths while methed up mommy and daddy scrape together enough $ to get a can of corn- Bad.
Adoption? Sooner or later very household will be full. Abortion should not be used as BC, however BC can help avoid having to get an abortion. Next time you get mad at someone who had an abortion ask yourself this; WILL I TAKE THE BABY AND GIVE IT A GOOD LIFE? If the answer is anything but YES, then turn the other cheek and judge not because by you not offering to take the child after birth your hands have blood on them too. You were not the one who laid down and made the baby right? Exactly, that's why it's best to mind your own business unless you can personally see to it the child has a solid home, education, college, food etc etc. In a perfect world we would all pop out cute little babies and never have sex unless we wanted one, but here in real-ville we are human, and humans do human things, we are not gods. End of rant.

Last edited by jc76; 06-08-2009 at 06:04 AM..

Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And I agreed with camping! for the same reasons. To act like a healthy pregnancy "sucks" b/c you *might* get hemorrhoids or have morning sickness is the epitome of self-centered-ness.

My list of bad things about pregnancy was in answer to a man who said he would love to give birth...of course he didn't want anything else connected with being a female ...but I figured if he knew the facts concerning pregnancy he wouldn't view it as such a glorious thing.

My guess would be that it's not a part of God's plan, or as someone else said, so the woman won't be punished for having a crime committed against her.
"""""""" And I agreed with camping! for the same reasons. To act like a healthy pregnancy "sucks" b/c you *might* get hemorrhoids or have morning sickness is the epitome of self-centered-ness."""""

See, I think the height of self-centerednes is insisting that EVERYONE experience womanhood and pregnancy EXACTLY like YOU do as if only YOU are correct...as if it's all and only about YOU.

""My guess would be that it's not a part of God's plan, or as someone else said, so the woman won't be punished for having a crime committed against her"""

No real answer so it's haul out the "god's plan" excuse????

No,no,no, if you consider abortion wrong, murdering a "baby", then you don't get to change that...who do you think you are to change that????

Who are YOU to know what "god's plan" is....rape must be part of "god's plan" or it wouldn't exist....

Why do you value the baby of a rapist less than the baby of a non-rapist?

What has the baby got to do with the rape????????

Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why do you value the baby of a rapist less than the baby of a non-rapist?

What has the baby got to do with the rape????????
Exactly. Why be arbitrary? It's okay to kill some babies but not others? Not the baby's fault....

If you're "pro-life," why not be so all the way?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:13 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Is it because the woman didn't have a choice about being impregnated when she was raped?

Is it because the psychological and emotional damage for the woman to carry the child of her rapist might be too much?
These are my two reasons.

Because the woman - A) had no choice in the sex, B) had no opportunity to use contraceptives unless she was already on the Pill or took Plan B

It would truly be involuntarily servitude IMO.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Because the woman - A) had no choice in the sex, B) had no opportunity to use contraceptives unless she was already on the Pill or took Plan B

It would truly be involuntarily servitude IMO.
Why is it okay with you to cut up that poor baby?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
True conservatives don't want GOVERNMENT interferring with their personal lives. I don't believe in legislating morality and am an advocate for the separation of chruch and state.

True conservatives believe the government should not interfere with personal lives. The greatest interference possible is to deny someone their life. So you do not believe legislating morality? Do you believe in the murder laws? That is legislating morality? Do you believe we should legislate laws against stealing? So in fact when you say you do not believe in legislating morality, you do believe in it , you just choose and pick the moralities of your choice to legislate

Like I said before these so called "Bible Belt" red states have the HIGHEST teen pregnancy rates compared to much lower rates for most of the northern states.

In order the highest teen pregnancy rates are Nevada and New Mexico how are these the bible belt? While you try to insult the bible belt, the states with the highest abortion rate is New York new Jersey And Maryland

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/2006/09/12/USTPstats.pdf

With that being said, I DO NOT like abortion in general- especially late term. However, the decision rests with the individual. Like other posters have said, extraneous medical situations or other complexities may arise. It is not what I would call a black and white issue for some people. (It MAY BE a black and white issue for others, but that does not give them the right to force others to conform to their own personal views). The decision should ultimately be a personal one for the individual.
Another big item is education. The more educated the populace the more informed they are about birth control options. Abstinence only sex ed has been promoted by the religious right, but the statistics prove that teen pregnancies have increased over the past few years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my well thought out Independent viewpoint on the matter. I am not a liberal nor conservative. I am not pro-life nor pro-choice. I am a centrist on most issues.
You are pro choice

However, centrist viewpoints are not respected in states like Kansas (where I used to live, unfortunately). I posted this same response on a Kansas thread and got threatening direct messages and was personally attacked for writing my viewpoint on the matter. I learned that you can't reason with hypocritical people (who are often Christian) who will not participate in an honest debate with you.

You want to debate choosing to deny life is ok. There is no debating the value of life.

Part II

I have a queston for staunch pro-lifers. Are you as a taxpayer going to want to foot the bill for increases in social service programs, early childhood development programs, mental health programs, property tax increases for huge increases in school enrollment, etc. if we completely ban abortion entirely? The examples I just mentioned are the externalized costs that are not factored in for the general population.

I have discussed this on this thread already. The cost is not what you are making it to be

Part III
My view on contraception is that it is definitely not abortion. I think most people do not want out of control population growth and the pill, condoms, and education help out in that regard.
I think that the Catholic Church continues to take rather extreme positions on these issues as of late, and I think some are getting rather fed up. They also take a very favorable stance toward illegal immigrants as well.
In conclusion, I do not hold the belief that all abortions should be banned. However, I do not feel that one should have the hubris to force feed personal beliefs onto others that share differing personal, cultural, and religious values. I think that we need to continue to invest in comprehensive sex education so that knowledge regarding contraception methods becomes even more widespread which will lead to abortions becoming more rare over time.
This is my overall take on the issue.
PS: Don't ever try to have a well reasoned debate with most people from KS on this issue. They will send you hate filled messages and personal threats if they think that you even slightly side with the pro-choice crowd. To them it is an ideologically rigid black and white issue that they like to personally force on others.
I do agree the condoms and pills should be free to the poor and easily accessible

Old 06-08-2009, 06:21 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:

It sounds like you think forcing a woman stay pregnant is what she deserves for having sex and not using effective birth control. Why else would you approve an abortion when those two things are eliminated?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:24 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Why is it okay with you to cut up that poor baby?
It's not. It's simply letting her choose which is less evil.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
It's not. It's simply letting her choose which is less evil.
Why do you feel she can CHOOSE in that situation but no other? Why do you feel the baby in a rape case is "evil"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies