Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Exactly! It is none of our business. If the Iranian civilians want a new regime they will revolt and start a civil war.
Which they look set to do, I wish them Good Luck. Freedom fought for is the most treasured, it is up to them to take the moment and take what is theirs as a People.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Spoken by someone utterly ignorant on the subject.

'Present' votes defended by Ill. lawmakers

'Present' Perfect

I can't take anyone seriously who shows such contemptuous disregard for facts.
Sorry your links do nothing to show that Obama voting "present" is him taking a stand on an issue.
Can you point out his major legislative accomplishments on another thread (it will be a short one)?
In the meanwhile pllease spare this thread your petty attacks and stay on topic.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
This just in - A President shows that he is human and "changes his rhetoric". How appaling and weak.
Seems to me more like an proportionate response to the escalation of violence used to suppress the demonstrations. Nothing more and nothing less.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
This just in - A President shows that he is human and "changes his rhetoric". How appaling and weak.
He was forced to - he suddenly realized he might be on the wrong side of an historic event.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:18 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He was forced to - he suddenly realized he might be on the wrong side of an historic event.
what historic event? why is there only "tens of thousands" people protesting if this guy was suppose to the winner of a election that 45million people voted in..

Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Historic event?

"I wish this would end and life would go back to normal," said a 45-year-old engineer on his way to a nearby mosque for a relative's funeral. On the way, he was tear-gassed. He ran to splash water on his eyes from a runoff stream on the side of the road, but a woman grabbed his hand and told him it would make it worse. Instead, she called a young man over who blew cigarette smoke into the engineer's eyes.

A 33-year-old woman who has been attending protests said the stakes were getting higher as the crackdowns intensified and said she wasn't sure how long she and her friends would keep it up.

"It's now crossed the line, if you come out it means you are ready to become a martyr and I'm not so sure I want to die yet,"

Protests in Iran Diminish Amid Security Crackdown - WSJ.com

What historic event would that be?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:19 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post

Sorry your links do nothing to show that Obama voting "present" is him taking a stand on an issue.
Can you point out his major legislative accomplishments on another thread (it will be a short one)?
In the meanwhile pllease spare this thread your petty attacks and stay on topic.
Excuse me, but you're the one making petty and wrong attacks on your President, to which I was merely responding and correcting.

And you won't be at all happy that you challenged me on pointing out the President's legislative accomplishments. Trust me, they're significant.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:20 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
where does it say that this is the public opinion?

and is the situation in iran now better that Obama said that? did the leaders of Iran decide to have new election?
No. What it says is that Obama is so preoccupied with his popularity and opinion polls that he'll fence sit until his approval rates drop or criticism increases, then he adjusts tactics.

Would have been nice if he would have used his gift for gab A WEEK AGO instead of now....

Old 06-23-2009, 03:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
The ONLY reason he has come out with a more appropriate statement was due to the fact he was getting hammered on his timidity - basically he was forced to tell us which side he is on.

Now that we've stuck our nose in another countries business, now what? They will stop the killings and murdering...Next week there will be a new election?

Old 06-23-2009, 03:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
He's on his own time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies