Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yes, so by all means, let's give them some real ammunition to fuel their claims!

Yee Ha!!! Ride 'em cowboy!!
Streaker! We have a streaker with nothing more than rhetoric flying by with all their genitalia flopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 07:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2...ror-in-tehran/

While everybody's talking about Sanford and his wayward pecker, there is a bloodbath taking place in Iran.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Tuesday criticized Iran for cracking down on protesters, declaring that the United States and the entire world are "appalled and outraged" — a clear toughening of his rhetoric as Republican critics at home accuse him of being too passive.

Obama: World 'appalled' by Iran - Iran- msnbc.com
0bama: "We don't know yet how this thing is going to play out," the president said. "We are going to monitor and see how this plays itself out before we make any adjustments about how we proceed."

0bama seems to be waiting until the fourth quarter in the Super Bowl, before he picks how the teams will do that season. Just being cautious before picking his favorite team, just waiting to see how it all plays out. not wanting to lay t all out there, and make his feelings known, just in case he picks the losing team, is that why?

We don't know how this thing will pan out? Not knowing how it will "play out" should not prevent the president from stating our American values ofr justice, freedom and honesty.

Not knowing how this will "all play out," should not prevent the president from stating, in no uncertain terms, that if any of these values were violated during their election, then the Iranian government will be considered a rogue government, and no longer legitimate in the eyes of America.

0bama claims he is "appalled and outraged" by the "deaths and intimidation in Tehran's streets", and yet he can not mention who exactly is to blame for it? I did not hear 0bama blame the Iranian government for these things, he just speaks in circles, by mentioning the "the threats, the beatings and imprisonments" against protesters, but never holds the Iranian government to them, by mentioning them by name.

0bama "condemned the violence against protesters Tuesday" but never identifies exactly who he condemns for it. Why is 0bama unable to bring himself to speak a critical word, aimed directly at the government leaders in Iran. WHY?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:39 PM

773 posts, read 1,215,578 times
Pulitzer prize winner and someone whom I hold in respect, Seymour Hersh was recently interviewed on CNN about why we should be nervous about planned U.S activity within Iran. Currently the CIA, Turkey's MIT, and Pakistan ISI have under cover ops engaged in agitation techniques that Congress funded with $60 million dollars last year.

YouTube - Hersh on U.S. Activity in Iran: Be Nervous

Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
ThreatsWatch.Org: RapidRecon: Unimaginable Horror In Tehran Today

While everybody's talking about Sanford and his wayward pecker, there is a bloodbath taking place in Iran.
And what should we do about it? For that matter why should we involve ourselves? Its not like it is any of our business.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
As far as I am concerned Obama said more than what he needed to say. And I still say as long as he is the american president then he should not feel the need to concern himself with iran and their people. And we still don't know if the election was rigged or if these people are just sore losers.
Are you kidding me? What an ignorant statement.

How pray-tell, could millions of votes be HAND-COUNTED in 2 hrs??

Lord help us all.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bama: "We don't know yet how this thing is going to play out," the president said. "We are going to monitor and see how this plays itself out before we make any adjustments about how we proceed."

0bama seems to be waiting until the fourth quarter in the Super Bowl, before he picks how the teams will do that season. Just being cautious before picking his favorite team, just waiting to see how it all plays out. not wanting to lay t all out there, and make his feelings known, just in case he picks the losing team, is that why?

We don't know how this thing will pan out? Not knowing how it will "play out" should not prevent the president from stating our American values ofr justice, freedom and honesty.

Not knowing how this will "all play out," should not prevent the president from stating, in no uncertain terms, that if any of these values were violated during their election, then the Iranian government will be considered a rogue government, and no longer legitimate in the eyes of America.

0bama claims he is "appalled and outraged" by the "deaths and intimidation in Tehran's streets", and yet he can not mention who exactly is to blame for it? I did not hear 0bama blame the Iranian government for these things, he just speaks in circles, by mentioning the "the threats, the beatings and imprisonments" against protesters, but never holds the Iranian government to them, by mentioning them by name.

0bama "condemned the violence against protesters Tuesday" but never identifies exactly who he condemns for it. Why is 0bama unable to bring himself to speak a critical word, aimed directly at the government leaders in Iran. WHY?

Because he's a coward. That's why.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 AM

The FINANCIAL - Iran's Ahmadinejad demands Obama apology for meddling

Quote:
"Mr. Obama made a mistake when he said that...We would like to know why he has fallen into the same trap by saying the same thing [former U.S. president George] Bush said."

Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 AM

315 posts, read 761,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Are you kidding me? What an ignorant statement.

How pray-tell, could millions of votes be HAND-COUNTED in 2 hrs??

Lord help us all.

Well let me just clear up the fact that I am not saying for sure it wasn't rigged I am just saying that since we americans don't know for sure we should not be so quick to call this election foul.
And as far as counting the ballots in two hours I am thinking that maybe they start taking a count the minute they receive each vote? I mean seriously I have no idea how their counting process go but I don't think it is fair to call this election rigged with no real evidence to back up the claim. And I have seen some articles written by americans that suggest ahmadinejad probably did win since he has the poor on his side who are the majority in iran.

Last edited by maddy1980; 06-25-2009 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: I left some things out.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM

Western journalists among arrested in Iran - UPI.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies