Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 12:31 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
whoever votes in favor of this will be part of our reduction in standard of living. i will be printing everyone's vote tomorrow.
Absolutely. Track these crooks. Let them know if they vote for this that you will capaign against their re-election and keep good on it. Hold these idiots accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Well if these new, "energy efficient, green" houses are as great as the new light bulbs, you might as well start building your hut now.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Greenpeace doesn't appear to like the bill:

Greenpeace Opposes Waxman-Markey | Greenpeace USA

Debate going on now @ cspan:

C-SPAN Live Stream - C-SPAN

Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Absolutely. Track these crooks. Let them know if they vote for this that you will capaign against their re-election and keep good on it. Hold these idiots accountable.
It didn't work so well last October with the bailout bill; many got re-elected to Congress in spite of an overwhelming "NO" from the taxpayers.

I wonder if people just vote a straight ticket and don't pay attention.
It's like hearing people cry about BofA raising their CC rates and cutting their limits yet they won't leave BofA for another bank..plenty of that over in the financial forum.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
This Cap and Trade legislation, along with the Patriot Act and the Federal Reserve Act, are the worst pieces of legislation in the history of our nation. Why am I the only Dem (or one of the few Dems) posting in this thread? C'mon Dems, where the heck are you? This is NOT about left and right, its about our economic freedom. If this bill passes, it will be the next great heist on Americans.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It didn't work so well last October with the bailout bill; many got re-elected to Congress in spite of an overwhelming "NO" from the taxpayers.

I wonder if people just vote a straight ticket and don't pay attention.
It's like hearing people cry about BofA raising their CC rates and cutting their limits yet they won't leave BofA for another bank..plenty of that over in the financial forum.
I think many people are too lazy to track it. I know that last year I got on a website that listed the voting track record for my Reps and Senators as well as where they stood on major issues. I guess that's just too much work for alot of people. They'd rather watch American Idol or Celebrity Chefs.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Greenpeace doesn't appear to like the bill:

Greenpeace Opposes Waxman-Markey | Greenpeace USA

Debate going on now @ cspan:

C-SPAN Live Stream - C-SPAN
greenpeace opposes it because they don't think it's radical enough.

checking out debate on c-span radio now..
WCSP-FM - C-SPAN Radio 90.1 FM Washington, DC - Listen Online

Old 06-26-2009, 12:51 PM

I did the same cobolt. I tracked Kay "Bailout" Hutchinson and Ron Paul among other Texas reps.

Kay "bailout" is going for governor here and is touting that she's "for the people" but I know who she sided with (YES on bailout) so she's not getting my vote for sure.

Ron Paul though I have found to be consistent and true to his words. If he says NO then he votes NO.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
greenpeace opposes it because they don't think it's radical enough.

checking out debate on c-span radio now..
WCSP-FM - C-SPAN Radio 90.1 FM Washington, DC - Listen Online
This post is priceless

Didn't know c-span was in the internet..thanks so much for that; I'm listening now as I got rid of cable TV.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Wow..listening now..each rep gets 2 minutes to speak - this is not a vote yet. OMG..some of our reps have woken up !

Ill - for & against (2 speakers)
Mich -for
NY - for
Cali - against
Mass - for
Texas - against
GA-against
NV - for
WI - against
MD - for
FL - against (she wants to rename the bill to the "Let's send jobs to China" bill

wrapping up..now only 5 more speakers.
OH - for
LA - against

Last guy from Cali..."phantom green jobs that no one can define"

Last edited by HappyTexan; 06-26-2009 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies