Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
HERO
1 a: a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b: an illustrious warrior c: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d: one that shows great courage2 a: the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work b: the central figure in an event, period, or movement3plural usually heros : submarine 24: an object of extreme admiration and devotion : idol

(From Merriam-Webster's)

OH...and here is a list of some of the heroic things he has done for of people. Mainly terminally sick children. I am sure he was a hero to them...and their families.

Michael Jackson - Most accurate News source Online

Has any other celeb done half of the generous things he has done?
""michaeljacksonaction.com...""

I think you need a better source...

Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
""michaeljacksonaction.com...""

I think you need a better source...

Are you saying that the info is false? Instead of me doing the foot work of posting link after link for the countless donations/charities he has supported,,,why don't you post a link debunking some of those claims in the Michael Jackson Action link. If you think the site is bunk or makes false claims,,,point it out and back it up. The fact of the matter is if you research any one of those statements or charities listed on that site, it will say exactly what he had to with them. Much to your dismay.

Last edited by *Danielle*; 07-08-2009 at 03:37 PM..

Old 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Actually, if you stop to think about it, Michael Jackson was fairly similar to Elvis Presley: a rather mixed-up individual who couldn't handle life, let alone celebrity. I know, I know--it's going to be considered extremely politically incorrect to make that comparison. But that doesn't make it any less accurate.

If anyone wants to consider a person like that a hero, they're free to do so.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
There is going to be a drawing on the Lottery tonight. Think I'll go buy a ticket...win the Lottery and have a lot of money from the sale of tickets that other people paid for.

Next week I will give one million dollars to a bunch of charities.

After that I will be called a "HERO" for giving all that money which was given me to begin with.

Giving money is a donation to a charity or contributor to a cause. HERO? NO...Benefactor YES.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
There is going to be a drawing on the Lottery tonight. Think I'll go buy a ticket...win the Lottery and have a lot of money from the sale of tickets that other people paid for.

Next week I will give one million dollars to a bunch of charities.

After that I will be called a "HERO" for giving all that money which was given me to begin with.

Giving money is a donation to a charity or contributor to a cause. HERO? NO...Benefactor YES.
M.J. WORKED for his money and did not only give 1 million to terminally ill children,,,he gave 400 million. I bet if you were a parent of a suffering child that was directly effected by his monies you would have a different view. He was not only a 'contributor' he was also a founder.

He gave money. A ton of money. Never doted on what he was doing. He was eccentric and he probably saved quite a few lives with his generous 400 million. He was a lost soul with a huge heart.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:44 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Some Sources have reported Micheal Jackson as a Hero ; should he be considered as such ?
I think he is a LEGEND. I can't say he is a HERO though.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
M.J. WORKED for his money and did not only give 1 million to terminally ill children,,,he gave 400 million. I bet if you were a parent of a suffering child that was directly effected by his monies you would have a different view. He was not only a 'contributor' he was also a founder.

He gave money. A ton of money. Never doted on what he was doing. He was eccentric and he probably saved quite a few lives with his generous 400 million. He was a lost soul with a huge heart.
He also paid a lady $ 20,000,000 for not bringing criminal charges against him for molesting her son. Does that also make him a benefactor? Or pimp?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:26 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
He should be considered a pedophile and a pile of ---- because that is what he is.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,786,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Does a person accused of a crime pay $20 million for defense lawyers if he is innocent or pay off the accuser with $20 million for silence and make them go away.

If it were me and I'm innocent I'd pay the money to the lawyers as my name and reputation are more important in the long run.
Thats a two-way street though.

If you seriously thought your child had been the victim of molestation, would you take the money or make sure the person is locked away to never harm again...

I'm not saying you are right or wrong. But if we use this type of logic, it must be applied evenly.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
He also paid a lady $ 20,000,000 for not bringing criminal charges against him for molesting her son. Does that also make him a benefactor? Or pimp?
Probably a victim of extortsion would be my guess.

Read up on the facts of the case....

People v. Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies