Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 08:53 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What happened ? did you join a union?
I was once in a union and Trust a UNION more than I trust
"A Typical, Generous, Honest, Multi-National Corporation...:rolleyes: " To give any of us a fair shake...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
I was once in a union and Trust a UNION more than I trust
"A Typical, Generous, Honest, Multi-National Corporation...:rolleyes: " To give any of us a fair shake...
I figured as much, at least your honest!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:11 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Go live in a third-world country if you want every man for himself and leave civilized society alone. Just because we help support each other doesn't mean we're communists. You must be Senator McCarthy because everyone is red to you.
Since you support each other, I suspect I must thank you too for adding that little extra "support" in with your federal tax return this year, since not doing so would be so hypocritical.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
On healthCare...
How could a civilized country Allow Business to MAKE $$$$ off of our sickness?

Take the Profit Motivation out of our Health care System AND We will ALL save $$$$$$$....

How you may ask, Tell us DLS... OK:

We could eliminate; Medicare, Medicaid, get rid of the Greedy private insurers that rip us off to the Billions AND Begin a Single pay system---Eliminate the "Middle Man"...

And Open more Med schools!

How do you think new medicines are created? With pharmaceutical profits!! You should thank them instead of bashing them.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Since you support each other, I suspect I must thank you too for adding that little extra "support" in with your federal tax return this year, since not doing so would be so hypocritical.
I paid my taxes, that was my support. Nothing hypocritical about it McCarthy.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
How do you think new medicines are created? With pharmaceutical profits!! You should thank them instead of bashing them.
John I Hope you DO NOT really Believe that Crap...

Old 04-19-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
For That I keep a "Wad of $10 dollar bills", I never refuse to by a Hungry man Food...

And guess what, I give them $$ for Booze and Cigs too...

Old 04-19-2007, 11:13 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
If you knew anything about Florida, you would know this is not a viable solution. You see, there are people who have lived in Florida for many, many years. They bought their home before the real estate boom. They had low taxes and low insurance costs. They were also on a fixed income. Everything was going just fine. They were minding their own business...

Then the real estate boom came. Speculators drove the price of housing through the roof, thanks to low interest rates and no-doc loans. Not only that, but we had a few years where an abnormally high number of hurricanes hit the state. So, you have two expenses, which are usually relatively stable, going through the roof.

Here we have people on fixed incomes who have been responsible with their money, who had a sound financial plan, and due to forces completely out of their control, they can no longer afford their home. There are tens of thousands of people who have had this happen to them. Save our Homes (which I despise) did help these people, somewhat. But now these people are trapped. They can't afford to buy something else because the property tax increase would be enormous.

Now, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who will respond..."sucks to be them". Yes, it does, and that's why humans have created societies. It does not benefit the society, as a whole, to have thousands of people become homeless because of insurance costs.
Nothing in life is guaranteed. They should be able to sell their homes and move somewhere less expensive (like another state) because that option is still available to them.

I think they are very lucky to own homes with lots of equity.

Also, if they own their homes outright, they don't need to carry insurance. They can be like older Californians who have no earthquake insurance because it is just too expensive.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:30 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
The homosexual take over of our schools, churches, collages, and governments is a real issue.
O M G! And horror of horrors! The homosexuals have EVEN taken over the purple teletubby! I know this is true, because he has a triangle on this tummy.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
I paid my taxes, that was my support. Nothing hypocritical about it McCarthy.
You only paid what your obligated to pay? Do you not have any heart? Do you not realize that the government needs more money to care for the poor disadvantaged and disenfranchised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies