Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 04:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

You just know the bots really don't want to be reminded of all his statements before passage of the stimulus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 05:02 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You just know the bots really don't want to be reminded of all his statements before passage of the stimulus.

amen

Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Obama lied about he economy to push through the stimulus... hmmm.

Let me get this straight the economy is doing great? Obviously it is because why else would one need to lie in order to pass something totally unnecessary? For example, you might lie about weapons of mass destruction being present in a country as an excuse to invade it, but you certainly could not make the argument that it was a lie if after the invasion you found more weapons of mass destruction that you originally thought to find, you feel me?

But despite the illogic of the thread premise let's look at the real level mendaciousness going on here.

Is Collapse of US Economy Underway or is it All Just Fear-mongering? (death, dollars)

"If the idiots in DC continue to talk down the economy, it will continue to get worse, it already has. Barry and his team have been talking it down for over a year and it has taken it's toll."

coastalrap, 02-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Old 07-11-2009, 05:43 PM

817 posts, read 853,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Far stretch.
They didn't know exactly how hosed the economy was.

Did Bush know exactly how bad he left it?
They didn't show that when they pushed the 700+ billions stimulus bill through as fast as they could because if we didn't do it that day the whole world will fall apart.

Obama can only do damage to the economy, because economically he is clueless.

But assume I'm wrong, I beg you to show me how Obama, a lawyer and former law school professor is qualified to make decisions on our economy.
Please help me understand his economic qualifications.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:24 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There were indeed many warnings raised by economists and others of the dangers potentially lurking in unregulated segments of the subprime market beginning as early as late 2003. Bush and Greenspan ignored all of them. The latter assured us that his expert staff (which is indeed expert) was on top of the situation and that no action was currently needed. Turns out he was hugely wrong about that last part. Thought the free market was intelligent enough to regulate itself. Not so much, really.

Projections are not points, they are ranges, and while tending to the high side, those from the adminsitration have not materially differed from projections run by others. This article discusses the point...

Are Officials Too Optimistic About the Economy?

Well I am happy to see that you agree with me that the administration should not have "misread" the situation as Biden indicated.

And again we differ on the cause of the problem , there was too much meddling by congress to encourage risky loans. I know you disagree but here we go again, history repeating itself.

Barney the Underwriter - WSJ.com

More intervention by the guy who had a hand in the original problem.

You are being generous about the administrations forcasts they are very far off from the top business forcasters.

Latest Blue Chip Economic Forecast | US Budget Watch (http://www.usbudgetwatch.org/budgetblog/2009/latest-blue-chip-economic-forecast-604 - broken link)

Old 07-11-2009, 06:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
From the bot of all bots.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Here's another Barney article. He wants to loan money ($2Billion) to the jobless to pay their mortgages. I hope he figures it's going to be a long term loan and not a short term one.

Frank proposes home loan plan for jobless - The Boston Globe

Old 07-11-2009, 06:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
or how stupid folks look that try to defend Obama and his hacks
Most Americans voted for him and continue to support him.

Pollster.com: National Job Approval: Pres. Barack Obama

Old 07-11-2009, 06:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Most Americans voted for him and continue to support him.

Pollster.com: National Job Approval: Pres. Barack Obama
That gap seems to be narrowing though. A tad too quick for only 6 months in office.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That gap seems to be narrowing though. A tad too quick for only 6 months in office.
Time will tell. And for most Presidents, the approval numbers go up and down. George W. Bush was an anomaly in that his approval numbers never rebounded after they began to fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies