Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times

Advertisements

In a different paper, someone posted about Jesus praising a woman who donated very little cuz that was all she had.

I wonder what Jesus would have said if that woman took a couple fistfulls of money out of that pot instead of contributing..

We had a poster in my regional paper who constantly posted about "social justice" and ridiculed other Christians who didn't support every social program program that came along.

Someone asked if his name was on the delinquint property tax list.
He said it was and justified not paying his property taxes on time cuz his daughter's college tuition was due.

Yup, the schools, county social workers, and city programs were put below his daughter's college tuition while he chastized the rest of us with biblical quotes of helping the poor.

hypocrites are found on both ends of the political spectrum !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 09:03 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

It also says if a man doesn't work he shouldn't eat .
So what does that mean for people with severe mental illnesses, people with severe physical limitations (like not having use of their arms or legs), how about people born with severe mental limitations, people with Alzheimers, people with brain damage and injuries? Hummmmm?

Interesting god you have there.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
By the way, that hypocrite was a former mayor of a city of over 60,000 and once referred to as a --"rising star in the Democratic party "---in a newspaper article.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
As an example, I used to work as a clerical employee (low-end employee) and my pay was much higher than what the private industry would have paid me and I received an excellent benefit package which included 13 paid holidays, 8 hours of sick leave per month, health/dental benefits which only requires 10 dollar co-payments, lifetime pension upon retirement, $50 dollars towards my public transit pass as well as other perks that are not usually available in the private sector.
Specifics, please. What was the difference between what you were paid as a public "clerical" employee doing clerical work for any agency which provided services for the poor and needy and the money you say you would have been paid to do the same job in the private sector? And what type of comparable job are you talking about?

Did you work for a federal or state agency which provided services for the poor and needy? Or did you work in a clerical position in some other type of state or federal agency?

We are talking about low-level bureaucrats who WORK IN THE WELFARE AGENCIES in state and federal government. Did you make $40,000 per year doing your clerical job??

Old 07-20-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He does a good job at mocking the poor by labelling them all as LAZY.
Oh, it's just how he justifies his greed. Call the poor lazy, and there's no guilt for not helping, and a self-righteousness in proclaiming that the govt/taxes should NOT help the poor. Not very creative thinking, IMO.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
By the way, that hypocrite was a former mayor of a city of over 60,000 and once referred to as a --"rising star in the Democratic party "---in a newspaper article.
So what's his name? If he is a public figure, then it is perfectly okay to use his name in a public post.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 AM

439 posts, read 443,513 times
Quote:
Can you tell us who that was?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
In a different paper, someone posted about Jesus praising a woman who donated very little cuz that was all she had.

I wonder what Jesus would have said if that woman took a couple fistfulls of money out of that pot instead of contributing..

We had a poster in my regional paper who constantly posted about "social justice" and ridiculed other Christians who didn't support every social program program that came along.

Someone asked if his name was on the delinquint property tax list.
He said it was and justified not paying his property taxes on time cuz his daughter's college tuition was due.

Yup, the schools, county social workers, and city programs were put below his daughter's college tuition while he chastized the rest of us with biblical quotes of helping the poor.

hypocrites are found on both ends of the political spectrum !
If the Jesus you're talking about is consistent with the Jesus of the New Testament, I would make a very large bet that he would have GIVEN the woman the money as well as blessed her if she had taken money instead of given it.

However, if the Jesus you're talking about is a "Jesus" who had not evolved past the primative "human" stage, then he probably would have zapped the woman with a bolt of lightning to teach her a lesson.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:13 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Laziness is a conservative trait.

It is a conservative method of conservation of energy.

lazy |ˈlāzē|
adjective ( lazier , laziest )
1 unwilling to work or use energy : I'm very lazy by nature | he was too lazy to cook.

Ergohead is not a rational person. He believes 9/11 was an inside job.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Ergohead is not a rational person. He believes 9/11 was an inside job.
Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain! - He's on Welfare!

Last edited by ergohead; 07-20-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies