Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Only way to save the country: Eliminate the ignoramus vote
That would shut out the liberals and radical democrats for centuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 PM

32 posts, read 35,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And the righties say the lefties are the ones that want to take away peoples rights, Yeah Right. How about this only people that serve their country in the military, police or fire department get to vote, were the fat cats be then? Nope, I fought to preserve EVERYONES rights, even those that want to remove them from others.
Casper
Voting is a n important privilege; not a right. That privilege should be earned since the stakes are so high. You only have to go back 8 months for proof of the need for voting law revamping. Look at the destruction going on before our very eyes because of all the imbeciles who are allowed to vote?

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Clowns View Post
Um. We're out of Iraq. We've won. Iraq is a democracy. If you want to gripe about quagmires, let's talk about Obama's escalation in Afghanistan.
We're not out of Iraq.

Iraq: Three U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq - Los Angeles Times

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Um. We're out of Iraq. We've won. Iraq is a democracy. If you want to gripe about quagmires, let's talk about Obama's escalation in Afghanistan.
Since we won in Iraq, why don't you go over there for vacation, since it's all sunshine and lollipops?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We lost, now we want to take our ball and go home....booo hoooo, booo hooo.

Ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the Republican Party, or better yet, the American Taliban.
Why, again, do you think dimwits should have the right to shape this country?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
This suggestion stops just one step short of eugenics!

Not in my country. Not during my time!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 07-17-2009 at 02:49 PM..

Old 07-17-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The funny thing is he said he wants to eliminate the ignoramus vote, so I guess he wishes to eliminate his own right to vote

Old 07-17-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Why, again, do you think dimwits should have the right to shape this country?
Let me guess, you're the type of person who would've supported eugenics 90 years ago

Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I agree with your general ideas, but take exception to a few places. With regard to item 1, there are 20-somethings that are working for a living, paying taxes and accepting responsibilities. Item 2 would weed out those that should not be eligable. If you accept public assistance I don't think you should be eligable to vote. If you aren't responsible enough to provide for yourself, why should you be able to choose our countries leaders and set direction for our country? I'd include tuition assistance or public universities as well, since they are primarily funded by the taxpayers.

Your item 2-no brainer. If you can't provide for yourself you aren't accepting responsibility as an adult...and shouldn't have a vote.

Item 3-this should be in place already, to prevent simple voter fraud. Why would anyone oppose this, unless they want inelligable people to vote?
I can see your point if a young adult is a contributing member of society, except that the young kids voting last year have known only prosperity because of 12 years of GOP Congressional control. They didn't live through the effects of Carter and don't remember Clinton's failed takeover of healthcare. I think you should have lived through at least one full cycle before voting. I remember Clinton's massive tax hike of 1993 and the flat stock market of 1994, then the absolute bursting-at-the-seams economy because of the massive tax and spending cuts of the 104th Congress.

Young people today don't understand how we got prosperous in the first place. They don't understand how harmful big taxes and spending are to the economy.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
This sauggestion stops just one step short of eugenics!

Not in my country. Not during my time!
So you think it's acceptable to allow leeches to determine the fate of the country? Why doesn't Bill Gates recruit a bunch of homeless bums to dictate the direction Microsoft should take?

Let's face it. Liberals have no more competence running this country than a five-year-old trying to navigate an 18-wheeler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies