Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 09:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Straight to the point: I could give a rats ass about homosexuals when this nation is on the brink of economic ruin.

It's time for this nation to focus on our real priorities - none of which have anything to do with homosexuals.
Guess what, buddy - homosexuals are part of this country too, whether you like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
OMG! I think I might actually agree with you to some degree on this Chango.
It's disgusting to me that there are so many so-called liberals on this board who agree with the gay haters. You actually agree with Chango who said, "Why can't gays do something good for the world?" Pathetic. Honestly.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,415,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's disgusting to me that there are so many so-called liberals on this board who agree with the gay haters. You actually agree with Chango who said, "Why can't gays do something good for the world?" Pathetic. Honestly.
"Ick" and the bible know no partisan limits.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Because they are not financially or mature enough to handle an unplanned pregnancy or the emotional effects of a sexual encounter. Because sex is an act that is much more than satisfying an animalistic urge but society has cheapen it to the point where teenagers and adults are behaving as if they are horny little animals who do not give a damn about the consequences of their actions.
Next time read the entire post before responding to the first line.

Teenagers aren't supposed to RAISE children, just bear them. We have it set up that people dangerously past their reproductive prime bear children because they are expected to also raise them.

Biologically, elders are supposed to raise children born by young sexually prime adults. We have structured our society ineffectively.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:32 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
Quote:
I shudder if I ever live to see the day when folks will lose all sense of decency and behave like horny animals on display!
Yes ... two people making love and potentially producing new life is "behaving like horny animals on display".

Next time you see soldiers running around with guns on the news or a bloody body in a street, I want you to think of your comment.

You obviously accept a day (today) when folks lose all sense of decency and behave like wild animals on display by killing one another.

What you define as "decency" baffles me.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Biologically, elders are supposed to raise children born by young sexually prime adults. We have structured our society ineffectively.
Very interesting concept to think about. I like it.

I agree with you that teenagers are perfectly ready for sexual relationships. The idea that they're not is a symptom of a culture that has turned sex into a mysterious and threatening activity.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
I'm glad they are staging a public kiss. I hope it's a 20 minute french kiss with fireworks going off in the background.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Why can' t the gay community bring attention to their cause by doing something good for the world? They can do fundraisers for cancer research or feed the hungry or something besides trying to shock people. They might find more acceptance that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
OMG! I think I might actually agree with you to some degree on this Chango.
Over $3.5 million raised today in San Francisco for AIDS research. Over 25,000 people participated.

SF Gate: The 23rd Annual AIDS Walk San Francisco started from Shar... (Brant Ward / The Chronicle) Multimedia (image) (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/g/a/2009/07/19/AIDS_Walk.DTL&o= - broken link)

Yeah, why can't the gay community do something good for the world?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Seeing two men making out makes me physically ill. Do what you want behind closed doors, but don't make the world watch too. The gay community does not win any new friends by being deviant and disgusting.

A kiss-in is very minor compared their anual gay parades that always involve guys in g-strings shaking it and frolicking for the whole world. It is widely understood that men in their undies generally do NOT look good. Changing their sexual orientation does not change their attractiveness.

Why can' t the gay community bring attention to their cause by doing something good for the world? They can do fundraisers for cancer research or feed the hungry or something besides trying to shock people. They might find more acceptance that way.
I agree but I guess they want to flaunt their deviancy.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I agree but I guess they want to flaunt their deviancy.
I think it's more that you ONLY see deviancy when you see gay people. The fundraisers for HIV and cancer research by gay organizations that raise millions of dollars every year are ignored by those who only want to point to the gay pride events and condemn homosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies