Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,293,684 times

Advertisements

Look Uni Healthcare is an awful idea right now due to the unstable economy. It is just not the time to pass such an aggresive law. It would be great if we could nsure all Americans, but a growing portion of our population is unemployed, and losing there jobs.

I know that sounds counterproductive, but at this point we just do not have the money. We could all certainly absorb the tax increase. It did not hurt anyone during the Clinton Adminstration, but we currently do not have another new powerful technology, that could rivial the job growth created by the internet.

A better idea, would be dealing with the current budget deficit and attempting to cut spending, so we can get back to a surplus. Get the troops out of Iraq just stop spending money please!!!! Screw it so you may have to break the biggest campaign promise, but if handled properly the guy could get elected again and focus on this health care problem on his second term in office when we are running a surplus. We have lived without Universal Healthcare for our entire lives, so holding it off for another 4 years wouldn't hurt.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:19 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,486,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
So now that Obama has had his 50 minutes in the spot light, can anyone tell me what they learned about Obama's health care plan?
It will save money
It will save money
It will save money
It will offer all Americans coverage

..in no specific order.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,016,441 times
Quote:
It will save money
It will save money
It will save money

..in no specific order.
Haven't you heard by now?

The CBO says exactly the opposite.

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Which responds quicker to problems and issues,a private company that must make a profit to survive or a gov. controlled entitiy that receives money no matter what?

I find it interesting how many people complained bitterly about the fedgov. a year or so ago but NOW sees it as our savior....
I can tell you that pvt insurance is not very responsive. They certainly don't care. The heatlh care provider will just bill the patient, threatening to ruin their credit rating (it happened to us). The insurance company doesn't even come into play in that little scenario. The pt. has to fight the ins. co. and try to head off the HCP that the money is owed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
not only that but private insurance has already agreed to drop the pre-existing condition clause. So everyone that wants the gov't plan? Why should we spend 1.5 trillion on 20 million healthcare policies?
Now I would like to see some verification of that!

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,851,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
It will save money
It will save money
It will save money

..in no specific order.
so, you can't. that's what we call slogan shouting my friend. something your empty suit is quite good at.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,016,441 times

YouTube - ABBA - Waterloo

Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,448,216 times
Quote:
It will save money
It will save money
It will save money

..in no specific order.

How is he going to pay for it?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,486,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
so, you can't. that's what we call slogan shouting my friend. something your empty suit is quite good at.
Fact is, nothing anybody says will be enough for some so who cares..I'm glad we're still pushing forward, finally

Old 07-22-2009, 07:28 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,851,450 times
Quote:
Fact is, nothing anybody says will be enough for some so who cares..I'm glad we're still pushing forward, finally
pushing forward, all the way back to 1775. now that's regression you can believe in. and this is coming from someone without health insurance.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,448,216 times
Quote:
The problem is we are not sure of the "facts". I still don't know how it will be paid for. I still don't know if I will be taxed because I don't want or have the GP. I still don't know if once I am on the GP if I can leave it for a private plan without getting penalized. I still don't know who will be deciding how my doctor treats me. And that is just a few questions that I don't have answers to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies