Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,469,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
But corporate control is OK with you?

You have a choice where to buy your service from a cooperation, with gubmint, you don't.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Default The real reason why the Right fears a Public Option...

Interesting but I truly believe that when a Health Care Bill that includes a Public Option is signed into Law it will all but kill the GOP. I truly think this. I believe this is the true reason why the GOP fears this Health Care Reform Bill... History will reveal that the GOP was non existent/obstuctionist on the historic piece of legislation...

Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

YouTube - NY Democrat Congressman Jerry Nadler Wont Sign Up For Obamacare

Imagine that - NY state employees HC even better than the Gold Standard of congress.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM

157 posts, read 180,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
None of your conditions are ever going to happen so you'll just have to give your responsibility to care for yourself to Barney Frank and like it. He knows what's good for you, you don't.
It's funny watching the coverage of the health care debates...nuttin is gonna work until responsibility for one's health is placed on the individual. anything less is a recipe for DISASTER. You all know this. It's common sense. A grossly unhealthy, lazy, dependent citizenry with universal healthcare is laughable.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
JammieWearingFool

Quote:
Grassley said he spoke with a Democratic House member last week who shared Obama's bleak reaction during a private meeting to reports that some factions of House Democrats were lining up to stall or even take down the overhaul unless leaders made major changes.

"Let's just lay everything on the table," Grassley said. "A Democrat congressman last week told me after a conversation with the president that the president had trouble in the House of Representatives, and it wasn't going to pass if there weren't some changes made ... and the president says, 'You're going to destroy my presidency.' "
But, but, but, remember when he said this just the other day?

Obama on Health Care: "This Isn't About Me" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
"Think about that," Mr. Obama said Monday, speaking from the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. "This isn't about me.
You see bambam, if you get your way and implement a massive, bloated new bureaucracy paid for on the backs of the American people, you will lose congress next year. I'm sure those moderate/conservative dems in conservative districts are thinking about their careers, not yours.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times
In case you haven't noticed it is members of the democratic party (the Blue Dogs) that are killing healthcare reform. More power to 'em!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
In case you haven't noticed it is members of the democratic party (the Blue Dogs) that are killing healthcare reform. More power to 'em!
Trolls don't notice much. It's dark under their bridges.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:34 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - NY Democrat Congressman Jerry Nadler Wont Sign Up For Obamacare

Imagine that - NY state employees HC even better than the Gold Standard of congress.
Nice hatchet job, now watch the complete 4 minutes and 48 seconds....

Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Interesting but I truly believe that when a Health Care Bill that includes a Public Option is signed into Law it will all but kill the GOP. I truly think this. I believe this is the true reason why the GOP fears this Health Care Reform Bill... History will reveal that the GOP was non existent/obstuctionist on the historic piece of legislation...
But the average citizen really doesn't keep track of who signs what pieces of legislation, only those into politics. Didn't you ever watch Jay Leno's Jaywalk series? Too many adults don't even know who our first president was, so who's going to memorize a list of who signed these bills? I sure as heck am not!

Can you rattle off all the names of those that signed the bailout bill or stimulus package? Why waste the brain cells?

And true, it's the "Blue Dogs" that are resisting the passage of this health care reform bill.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

Not getting the connection. Where are the "dots"???!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies