Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times

Advertisements

Perhaps you could try posting about the topic and not just keep posting it is all lies??

Just a thought.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
As a recent post about Canadian helathcare illustrated,while others might be happy with their system,it might just be because it is the only system they know....

How many supporters of UHC would like to have a system like the VA as their only source of healthcare?

Seems people were bitching and moaning about how horrible it was just a year or so ago...

Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh sorry, It IS about health care ...wouldn't you prefer the truth? Or do you enjoy the lies???
I would like you to post a response about health care, not bashing republicans. health care is not a partisan issue. Please try to put party affiliation aside so we can rationally discuss this.

The world isn't as black and white as you think. Republicans and Democrats need to try to compromise (and learn from each other) if an effective solution is to be found

Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,679,606 times
there are many government healthcare systems besides the canadian model. i much prefer systems like france and the uk, where private providers exist for those who want to pay, but everyone has access to the health care they need regardless of income.

and private health care is the only system americans know, yet there is a large, mainstream political movement against it here. there is no such movement in any country with government health care.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
But corporate control is OK with you?
It;s better.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Default Just ask yourself; WHY would you trust the government....

with your health care? It really is a good question and I have yet to hear a logical, reasonable answer.

Obama and the dems/libs want to totally remake our HC system in as little time as possible - Is that really the "smart" way to do things?

RealClearPolitics - Arrogance

Quote:
It's crazy for a group of mere mortals to try to design 15 percent of the U.S. economy. It's even crazier to do it by August.

Yet that is what some members of Congress presume to do. They intend, as the New York Times puts it, "to reinvent the nation's health care system".

Let that sink in. A handful of people who probably never even ran a small business actually think they can reinvent the health care system.
Is this not a scary, crazy proposition?

Quote:
The administration estimates $1.5 trillion over 10 years with no increase in the deficit. But no one should take that seriously. When it comes to projecting future costs, these guys may as well be reading chicken entrails. In 1965, hospitalization coverage under Medicare was projected to cost $9 billion by 1990. The actual price tag was $66 billion.
Can we all admit that whenever the government "projects" and "estimates", they are virtually never right?

Quote:
Trust us, Obama says. "At the end of the day, we'll have significant cost controls," presidential adviser David Axelrod said. Give me a break.
We already did that with your failed stimulus, now you want to use the same tactic to ram through your disastrous HC?

Why should we believe you OR your numbers?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 AM

157 posts, read 180,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
If by "leftist" you mean "logical" then okay...

Who has more incentive to keep you healthy? A private insurance company and medical establishment who would like to see you spend as much money as possible? Or a government entity that would like to spend as little as possible YET keep you healthy?

Answer seems obvious to me....
You have incentive to keep you healthy. I'd turn over healthcare to any bureaucrat today under a few conditions!!!

No diseases can be covered that result from irresponsible lifestyle
obesity-->hypertension, diabetes, renal failure, amputations, gangrene, etc, etc, etc, etc
smoking-->COPD, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, lung cancer
drinking/driving-->trauma
no illegals can be covered
no legal immigrant can be covered until they've paid into the system for many years
tort reform-->only 1% of the proceeds of a lawsuit can go to the lawyers. Panel of medical professionals set up to determine if it's truly malpractice. Doc's willingly admit about 20-30% of their treatment decisions are defensive in nature.
children-->covered until they turn 18. No exceptions (they didn't ask to be born to losers that didn't plan ahead)
No school bus can come within 1 mile of a drive-way. Make the kids walk two miles a day. Plus, it saves gas.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,614 times
I'm worried about where this country is heading.

I keep asking people, what .Gov entity has been a success?

Amtrak, USPS, SS, Medicare/Medicaid, etc. We'll probably be able to add Government Motors to that list also.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I would rather have government health insurance because the government is sometimes incompetent but the private insurance companies are always inimical. The government may make mistakes but the insurers will always try to cheat you out of your money.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:47 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
*sigh* ANOTHER healthcare thread....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies