Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM

769 posts, read 888,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Do you consider a $5Billion deficit per year a success?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would rather have government health insurance because the government is sometimes incompetent but the private insurance companies are always inimical. The government may make mistakes but the insurers will always try to cheat you out of your money.
Malice or Incompetence?

Which is the best?

Christians should choose Incompetence because the intentions might have been good and therefore more forgivable.

Atheists should choose Malice because there is more rational honesty in Malice.

Both are on equal footing because, "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice" according to Grey's Law.

Bloody money either way.

Got to be a third option!

Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Folks, I have merged about 6 or 7 different threads dealing with the topic of healthcare in the US. Please use this thread to discuss the topic

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Are you saying the US Post Office has not been a success?
Yes.

Postmaster General to Congress: USPS 'Experiencing Very Serious Financial Crisis' - Audience Development @ audiencedevelopment.com

Quote:
Assuming USPS achieves a planned $5.9 billion in savings, Potter said he still projects a loss of $6 billion in 2010.

This follows last year’s loss of $2.8 billion and a $5.1 billion loss in 2007, he said.
These numbers are not indicative of success, by any measure.

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
WTF why do you need to start a new thread every time you find a new healthcare story?
Have you heard or read anything about Romneycare in Massachusetts? You need to look in on that story, if not. Of course, I don't think that HuffPo or Kos talk about that one in derogatory terms.

Why do you not want to see more negative stories about government run health care held up to the light of day? Is it that you fear that Obama may be headed for lame duck status with 3 1/2 years left? Damn those moderate Democrats, huh?

1,902 posts, read 2,469,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And thank YOU, too, for posting a thread with a lie as the title!

The more there are the stronger the argument that repubs just can't tell the truth.

I told you what Barry said and gave you proof from his own mouth, if you choose not to believe the messiah that is up to you.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:05 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
As a nation we have lost our sense of pride, self-reliance and independence. Seems today too many people just want to be taken care of, leave responsibility to someone else. And the present regime would like nothing better than to take over every aspect of our lives. What a lovely union, helpless America marrying up with Obamacare.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyK View Post
You have incentive to keep you healthy. I'd turn over healthcare to any bureaucrat today under a few conditions!!!

No diseases can be covered that result from irresponsible lifestyle
obesity-->hypertension, diabetes, renal failure, amputations, gangrene, etc, etc, etc, etc
smoking-->COPD, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, lung cancer
drinking/driving-->trauma
no illegals can be covered
no legal immigrant can be covered until they've paid into the system for many years
tort reform-->only 1% of the proceeds of a lawsuit can go to the lawyers. Panel of medical professionals set up to determine if it's truly malpractice. Doc's willingly admit about 20-30% of their treatment decisions are defensive in nature.
children-->covered until they turn 18. No exceptions (they didn't ask to be born to losers that didn't plan ahead)
No school bus can come within 1 mile of a drive-way. Make the kids walk two miles a day. Plus, it saves gas.

None of your conditions are ever going to happen so you'll just have to give your responsibility to care for yourself to Barney Frank and like it. He knows what's good for you, you don't.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:07 AM

46,966 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
As a recent post about Canadian helathcare illustrated,while others might be happy with their system,it might just be because it is the only system they know....
I have lived in 3 countries with 3 different forms of healthcare finance. (Denmark, Germany and the US). The German model (obligatory coverage from heavily regulated non-profit private insurers) is somewhat better than the Danish one (government-run financing with optional private insurance add-ons). Both are superior to the US one. For a politician to argue in favor of the US model anywhere in Europe would be political suicide.

As long as the government isn't rewarding bureaucrats for finding errors in my paperwork to deny me from getting treatment - a practice US insurers didn't just admit to, but defended in front of congress just recently - they're ahead of the game.

The US health sector has the world record in bureaucratic overhead. 31 cents of yor healthcare dollar is spent on moving paper and payment and paying lawyers, advertising and - of course - boonuses for thinking up excuses not to pay for needed treatment. You're being had.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
My stance on this issue is the insurance industry is out of control and extremely greedy.

Sorry, that's as far as I could read. People want everything for free yet you call an industry greedy when they run on a 3% profit margin. How mush is not greedy? What is the PM of your industry?

People are unhealthy, they don't care about how much anything costs cause the insurance pays for it and are ready to sue at the drop of a hat. Yeah, their not greedy at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies