Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,870,777 times

Advertisements

lol Democrats arent politics as usual? lol

So trying to give the American people a chart of how it will work is playing a victim?

Why are democrats blocking it scared?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 AM

38,578 posts, read 22,458,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
No one really wants to talk about the real reason heath care costs are so high is we spend to much money on the dying in the last two weeks of their life. Eventually economics will determine the fate of most dying patients and doctors and hospitals will let them die.

When my Grandmother was in her nineties and had lived a long fruitful life my Aunt kept sending her to the hospital and the taxpayers kept spending lots of money on her to keep her alive another week. Finally my mother tried to convince my Aunt to let their mother die. They screamed and yelled at each other for hours. No conclusion was reached so Medicare kept paying to keep her alive. Finally my Grandmother got so sick that the Doctors could not keep her alive any longer, but in the final month of her life they spent over $100,000 on her care.

Let the dying die and we can finally control heath care spending.
When 0bama-care becomes law, we taxpayers will be providing free health care for 10 million illegal aliens, while at the same time, the government will be denying health care to the older Americans to save enough money to provide health care to those 10 million illegal aliens.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,469,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by re1427 View Post
hahah...you must have watched your hero talk last night...you sound just like him "right wing scare talk"....of course he says "scare tactics" instead. none of you liberals can answer the question of how to pay for this anyway. heck, obama can't even answer that question. it will fail.

Can't back up your previous statement?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:54 AM

37,827 posts, read 41,163,799 times
You all think "grandma" when you are ready to kill people to save some money and you're the first to line up for her possessions.

Where were you on Darfur? How about New Orleans? Let 'em die? No, not them, right? You are the same people who think it's okay to kill a baby in the third trimester if a woman makes a lifestyle choice but you're also the first to scream about not putting the needle in the arm of some murderer that killed innocent people.

What happens when some athletic 20 year old vegetarians contract some life threatening disease? What about those firefighters who were at Ground Zero? Let 'em die?

If you don't save enough money on denying treatment to the elderly and terminally ill, what's next? Maybe you could ration treatment on kids with spina bifida. Or, how about the kids with down's syndrome? They don't live as long as other folks. You want to ration treatment for them, too? Hey, the life expectancy for black men isn't as long as the life expectancy for white women. I don't hear you say maybe we shouldn't spend so much money on the healthcare of black men when they hit 60. How do you think that would fly?

Maybe we should just send 70 year olds to the gas chambers.

You and the super race you are planning disgust me.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times
I agree. This a long held belief of mine as well.

I also question the merits of some forms of treatment for terminal illnesses. At what point do you just concede that life isn't fair and no one is guaranteed tomorrow? I am a very compassionate person. I don't want to see anyone suffer and I don't want anyone's life cut short. But a line has to be drawn in my opinion. Ensuring that someone has another 6 months to live is fantastic, but at what cost and who pays for it? To me, that's a hard sell because the outcome is still the same.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 AM

683 posts, read 827,370 times
He who controls the flow of information (propoganda) controls the nation. With the statist lap-dog media in the tank for O' and the Dems there is no check and balance. We must only listen to and watch what the Dems tell us is good for us.... We can't have any of those opposing views or alternative plans getting any air time. Thugocracy Politics As Usual.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM

38,578 posts, read 22,458,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree. This a long held belief of mine as well.

I also question the merits of some forms of treatment for terminal illnesses. At what point do you just concede that life isn't fair and no one is guaranteed tomorrow? I am a very compassionate person. I don't want to see anyone suffer and I don't want anyone's life cut short. But a line has to be drawn in my opinion. Ensuring that someone has another 6 months to live is fantastic, but at what cost and who pays for it?
Do you have similar thoughts about paying for the health care of people in this country illegally? The line has to be drawn somewhere, at least an 80 year old American citizen has been paying taxes all their life.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 AM

2,603 posts, read 4,856,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I keep reading comments like this one on every thread that mentions health care reform.

How about backing up statements like this one with specific details (and links) from existing health care reform legislation.

Otherwise, I -and other rational minded readers - will assume that you are just spouting right wing scare talk....
http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf (broken link)

Go to pages 425 to 430.

1 out of every 4 healthcare dollars goes to the last two weeks of a person's life. The healthcare bill outlines a way to end this.
It's not that ending one's life at this stage is a bad thing. But do you really want the government involved? Standing at your shoulder telling you that you have to let your loved one die?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,121,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
No one really wants to talk about the real reason heath care costs are so high. It is we spend to much money on the dying in the last two weeks of their life. Eventually economics will determine the fate of most dying patients and doctors and hospitals will let them die.

When my Grandmother was in her nineties and had lived a long fruitful life my Aunt kept sending her to the hospital and the taxpayers kept spending lots of money on her to keep her alive another week. Finally, my mother tried to convince my Aunt to let their mother die. They screamed and yelled at each other for hours. No conclusion was reached so Medicare kept paying to keep her alive. Finally my Grandmother got so sick that the Doctors could not keep her alive any longer, but in the final month of her life they spent over $100,000 on her care.

Let the dying die and we can finally control heath care spending.
Would you still feel the same way if it was YOU laying in a hospital bed and a doctor looked at you and said "Aw hell,you are dying anyway,no need to go any farther" and just unplugged you? I'll bet you would be screaming till the bitter end.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 AM

10,654 posts, read 18,706,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You all think "grandma" when you are ready to kill people to save some money and you're the first to line up for her possessions.

Where were you on Darfur? How about New Orleans? Let 'em die? No, not them, right? You are the same people who think it's okay to kill a baby in the third trimester if a woman makes a lifestyle choice but you're also the first to scream about not putting the needle in the arm of some murderer that killed innocent people.

What happens when some athletic 20 year old vegetarians contract some life threatening disease? What about those firefighters who were at Ground Zero? Let 'em die?

If you don't save enough money on denying treatment to the elderly and terminally ill, what's next? Maybe you could ration treatment on kids with spina bifida. Or, how about the kids with down's syndrome? They don't live as long as other folks. You want to ration treatment for them, too? Hey, the life expectancy for black men isn't as long as the life expectancy for white women. I don't hear you say maybe we shouldn't spend so much money on the healthcare of black men when they hit 60. How do you think that would fly?

Maybe we should just send 70 year olds to the gas chambers.

You and the super race you are planning disgust me.
Guess what, WE ARE LETTING THOSE FIREFIGHTERS DIE! It is a HUGE problem. Hundreds of 9/11 first responders are sick and dying with NO INSURANCE right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies