Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

How interesting that NO states talked of secession until Obama got in office..

How interesting that some people have so little knowledge of politics that they believe the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 11:04 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Let me paraphrase: That really says something when flag wrapping, unpatriotic neocon hypocrites don't get what they want and then want to leave the union like sniveling little brats. Guess they're only pro-america as long as the Republicans are in power. How sad...and dispicable.

You cannot be pro-secessionist and pro-american. It is not possible
maybe people just want to stay free it is not rep or dem it is a god given desire and a reason to work hard and hope. not a gov take away and handout. get a life . work hard and prosper damm it i can;t support your lazy ass forever

Old 07-22-2009, 11:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
That really says something when a President is screwing things up so badly that states are talking about leaving the Union...How sad...way to go Giggles!

It would say more if they actually did it.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Smile you got some splainin to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
maybe people just want to stay free it is not rep or dem it is a god given desire and a reason to work hard and hope.
Tell me about your lost freedoms taken by the feds. Obviously it has to be something big to get you to the point where you consider traitors to be heros.

Quote:
not a gov take away and handout.
What did the gov take away?

What handout are you referring to?

Quote:
get a life . work hard and prosper damm it i can;t support your lazy ass forever
But, what if I like having you support my lazy ass? c'mon!

Old 07-23-2009, 04:57 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
No;liberals talked of leaving the country when Bush was presdient or putting his adminsitrtion on trasil all the time.Jsut a difference in stay and fight or go AWOL in attitude.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How interesting that NO states talked of secession until Obama got in office..

Ever hear of a little thing called the Civil War???
That's "The Late Unpleasantness" down here.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:
Originally posted by parfleche
maybe people just want to stay free it is not rep or dem it is a god given desire and a reason to work hard and hope. not a gov take away and handout. get a life . work hard and prosper damm it i can;t support your lazy ass forever
What, how do you know I'm on welfare? Actually I'm a middle class schoolteacher who has always taken care of myself and value responsibility in others. My friends get on me because I don't ask for help when I most need it. But judging by the intelligence of your post (and others), I doubt you like school, or teachers, or thinking.

But thanks to the stereotype.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Of course. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with policy could it? Sorry, but I am sick of this lame excuse. Every time there is a thread that seems to criticize Obama in any way, someone jumps in and cries "Racism" Careful, if you keep using the same excuse it will lose it's vitality before two years of this presidency is up. Be conservative, pick and choose when you will play the race card. Because it just isn't an excuse every time someone has something to say about Obama. I bet George wishes he would have used the "race card" more often when he was in office. "You guys just don't like me because I'm white, it has nothing to do with my ignorance and lies!"
See, I got a warning from this guy...and he's arguing against my point in the thread. Seems like a conflict of interest, doesn't it?

If the secession groups started now it wouldn't be about race, but about the policies he's put forward. However, people started talking about secession before Obama was even inagurated, so what was it about then?

We don't "play the race card" only those who have racist feelings ever say that. It's true. I don't like Obama or his policies and have never really supported him, but I don't express blind hatred towards him and have never been accused of being a racist in any of these forums by anyone when I said something negative about him. Know why? Because I have reasons for being negative and I'm not just constantly starting threads without any point (like ELO) that just bash Obama for something beyond his control. Secessionist groups are generally not the barometer of the nation, they are the wacko fringe. They just grew in number when Obama was elected because he's got dark skin and a muslim name.

Seriously, it's pretty obvious who is a racist and who is just a conservative in these forums, and I've never seen someone called "racist" here that didn't deserve it.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,897 times
No state can afford to leave the union.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:31 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,304,236 times
That's like the teenager who gripes about how they hate their parents and are all, "I'm leaving this house and never coming back!" They try it for like two hours and then discover they can't last on their own. Any state that secedes from us is gonna have a hell of a time making it without us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies