Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,684,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Firstly, i don't appreciate my post being edited by you or anyone.
And 2nd? HuH? That sentence makes no sense so either you need to hone your writing skills or increase your mental clarity.
And if you have watched the film and don't realize that the practices of these insurance companies are heartless and merciless, immoral and corrupt, i'd say you're in serious denial and i would wonder why.
I've been aware for a long time that these companies are problematic.
But i had no idea of the extent of their corrupt (and yeah, i'll say evil) practices.
Ummmmm, "believe" it to be a documentary"? HuH? What would you call it?
And here, i'll make a distinction for you.
The word "demonize" implies a projection of evil or of the demonic onto someone(s) who is not evil or demonic.
If a person or group (in this case these insurance companies) is indeed "evil" or demonic, that word "demonize" is not applicable.
And finally, have you watched the film?
Unlike you, who watched a stupid movie made by a stupid fat slob, I actually have been dealing closely with the medical industry for years.

In addition, my mother died earlier this year after a protracted battle with cancer. I know what's going on!

Do NOT presume to preach to me about the American Health Care System.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,728,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I didn't edit your post. I shortened it. I shortened it because I intentionally was only responding to part of it.

Stop being so touchy.
well, that's a cop-out.
and you did edit my post.
shortening it is fine ... changing it is not.
and yeah, i'm "touchy" and no, i won't stop being sensitive and alert.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Unlike you, who watched a stupid movie made by a stupid fat slob, I actually have been dealing closely with the medical industry for years.

In addition, my mother died earlier this year after a protracted battle with cancer. I know what's going on!

Do NOT presume to preach to me about the American Health Care System.
If you've been dealing with the medical industry for years. why are you in denial about the system?
and what michael moores weight has to do with anything is beyond me.
why don't you watch the film?
i'm not preaching to you.
i'm challenging you.
if you know what's going on, why are you defending this blatantly corrupt and disfunctional system?
and i'm sorry about your mom, truly.
i lost my mom to cancer as well many years ago.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
And now? The new doctor I recently went to, as a new patient, told me right up front, "Now I can't spend much time with you, your insurance company doesn't pay me enough to do that." I was shocked. Still am. I won't be going back to him, I don't think. Maybe he spoke the truth, but I was hoping for just a little bit more...human warmth...caring?

I want single payer health care. Eliminate the middle men--bring back humane health care for humans.
Absolutely amazing that doctor was very honest with you. I'd like him just for being honest because by their contract with the insurance company they are not to tell the patient exactly what he told you, 5-15 minutes max, off to the next patient, just like a production line. I'll bet this doctor has had enough. My ill wife's doctor is ready to pack it up and retire because of the insurance companies.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 PM

7,132 posts, read 12,672,910 times
Mr. Rocks, you have me curious. Do you work in the health insurance field? Are you a lobbyist or in governemt connected with a party that begins with the letter "R"?

Do you have good health insurance paid for by yourself or your employer? Have you ever gone without health insurance?

Do you think our current health system is equal to that found in Canada or Great Britain?

How would YOU propose to help the almost 50 million of us who cannot afford health treatment under our current system?

And given the fact that almost 50 million of us do not have any health coverage whatsoever, how do you come to believe that our current system is not broken? And broken into a million pieces to the point it needs to be scrapped and something whole and strong and equitable put into its place?

I'm just trying to understand your reasoning and perspective. I truly don't think we can understand one another until we've walked a mile or two in one another's shoes...

I'm speaking from the perspective of a self-employed person being under-insured and still going broke from trying to keep paying for my inadequate, yet very expensive, catastrophic coverage with its high deductible...

What's your perspective? So I can understand your view point?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
well, that's a cop-out.
and you did edit my post.
shortening it is fine ... changing it is not.
and yeah, i'm "touchy" and no, i won't stop being sensitive and alert.
Exactly HOW did I edit your post?

Here's the deal: I did NOT edit it. As I said, I shortened it and responded to the part of it I wanted to respond to. If you don't like that, that is your issue to deal with.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
if you know what's going on, why are you defending this blatantly corrupt and disfunctional system?
First of all, I'm not defending anything. I'm putting the brakes on a run away "Sky Is Falling!!!!" train.

Now... if you knew the system, you would know that it is NOT a "blatantly corrupt and disfunctional [sic] system".

There are problems with the health industry in the United States, but it remains the best health care industry in the world. Period.

In addition, the problems facing America's health care system are COMPLEX. It is absurd to say that we're going to solve any - let alone all - of those problems, simply by making it a government system.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Mr. Rocks, you have me curious. Do you work in the health insurance field? Are you a lobbyist or in governemt connected with a party that begins with the letter "R"?
Stop being so stupidly condescending.

Do you have good health insurance paid for by yourself or your employer? Have you ever gone without health insurance?
Yes, yes, and yes.

Do you think our current health system is equal to that found in Canada or Great Britain?
You absolutely cannot compare the health system of a nation of 3 million people with the health system of a nation of 300 million people. That's like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a Freight Train.

How would YOU propose to help the almost 50 million of us who cannot afford health treatment under our current system?
50 million is a completely and totally dishonest number.

And given the fact that almost 50 million of us do not have any health coverage whatsoever, how do you come to believe that our current system is not broken? And broken into a million pieces to the point it needs to be scrapped and something whole and strong and equitable put into its place?
Again, 50 million is dishonest exaggeration, to the point of hyperbole. In addition, you are completely ignoring the tens of millions of people who are on MA, Medicare and Medicaid, as well as under the VA System.

Do you research.

I'm just trying to understand your reasoning and perspective. I truly don't think we can understand one another until we've walked a mile or two in one another's shoes...

I'm speaking from the perspective of a self-employed person being under-insured and still going broke from trying to keep paying for my inadequate, yet very expensive, catastrophic coverage with its high deductible...

What's your perspective? So I can understand your view point?
My perspective is that you don't completely dismantle an entire system, when what it needs is to be tweaked. And only idiots believe that government makes things better, runs more efficiently, and is going to improve anything. Moving toward government health insurance is only going to make it worse.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
First of all, I'm not defending anything. I'm putting the brakes on a run away "Sky Is Falling!!!!" train.

Now... if you knew the system, you would know that it is NOT a "blatantly corrupt and disfunctional [sic] system".

There are problems with the health industry in the United States, but it remains the best health care industry in the world. Period.

In addition, the problems facing America's health care system are COMPLEX. It is absurd to say that we're going to solve any - let alone all - of those problems, simply by making it a government system.
I'm sorry but it most certainly is corrupt and dysfunctional. Period.
And yes, it is the best health care industry in the world ... industry!!!
I'm wondering if you are in and profit from that industry.
Americans do not have the best health care .... we are so far down on the list and for a prosperous nation to be in such a state is shocking.
Do you profit from the industry?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but it most certainly is corrupt and dysfunctional. Period.
And yes, it is the best health care industry in the world ... industry!!!
I'm wondering if you are in and profit from that industry.
Americans do not have the best health care .... we are so far down on the list and for a prosperous nation to be in such a state is shocking.
Do you profit from the industry?
Hey, I've read those asinine reports that America has worse health care than 3rd world countries, and they're garbage. Pure garbage. Nobody flies from the United States to Ghana for medical procedures.

Also, you are entitled to your OPINION that American Health Care is corrupt and dysfunctional. But have the honesty and humility to admit that it's your OPINION.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies