Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 06:50 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
You think I'm joking, please press the below White House link before it is removed. For you Lefties, you can report me.

White House's Call For Informants: If You Oppose Obamacare, Even in ‘Casual Conversation,’ the White House Wants to Know About It

From the White House website: The White House - Blog Post - Facts Are Stubborn Things

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov
I have never seen a president ever ask for Americans to spy on, or report other Americans to the office of the president, because they may disagree with his domestic policies.

It seems as if President 0bama is shamelessly stealing the pages out of an old Communist Eastern Europe KGB playbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 PM

539 posts, read 700,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Is that what the voices in your head tell you, or are you seeing this in your crystal ball?

The Department of Defense has allegedly compelled a private employer to fire a U.S. Army Reserve major from his civilian job after he had his military deployment orders revoked for arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:53 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,420,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm sure they can find a way to claim this under domestic terrorist activities.
you might just be onto something here. Remember a few months ago when they released that info listing pretty much anyone that is critical of the government as "potential terrorists" and "extremist"

Old 08-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Is that what the voices in your head tell you, or are you seeing this in your crystal ball?

there is precident for actions such as this.

please familarize yourself with the Sedition act of 1918. It led to thousands of innocent Americans being held as political prisoners for being critical of the u.s. government.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post

The Department of Defense has allegedly compelled a private employer to fire a U.S. Army Reserve major from his civilian job after he had his military deployment orders revoked for arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.
*L* I'll take this as the voices in your head. They sound very professional, just don't do the bad things that they tell you to do.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
there is precident for actions such as this.

please familarize yourself with the Sedition act of 1918. It led to thousands of innocent Americans being held as political prisoners for being critical of the u.s. government.
Can you please post a link to the Sedition Act of 2009? I can't find it for some reason. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Can you please post a link to the Sedition Act of 2009? I can't find it for some reason. Thanks!
just because an act has not been passed this time does not mean that he is not doing what the original sedition act listed.

Take the time, go read the sedition act, then read the posting on the white house blog, and get back to me.

The wording is nearly identical

Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
just because an act has not been passed this time does not mean that he is not doing what the original sedition act listed.

Take the time, go read the sedition act, then read the posting on the white house blog, and get back to me.

The wording is nearly identical
You made the claim, so do the analysis. Back up what you are arguing with quotes from both the texts. I look forward to reading it.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
You made the claim, so do the analysis. Back up what you are arguing with quotes from both the texts. I look forward to reading it.
please refer back to the OP's post, and then the post of the sedition act I posted a few posts back.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,211,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
You think I'm joking, please press the below White House link before it is removed. For you Lefties, you can report me.

White House's Call For Informants: If You Oppose Obamacare, Even in ‘Casual Conversation,’ the White House Wants to Know About It

From the White House website: The White House - Blog Post - Facts Are Stubborn Things

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov
Sounds to me like you got a little black helicopter thing going on here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies