Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 05:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this can work both ways! i won't be buying any more proctor and gamble products, don't need lawyers.com, and have no interest in progressive insurance.
Well, exactly. Everyone can make their choices. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will make it a point to eliminate Proctor and Gamble from their product choices. I don't know if it makes any difference. A simple letter may have more of an impact, because they aren't going to know if you aren't buying their product. Others will for the same reason that you aren't.

But Beck's views are fair: Obama spent 20 years listening to the so-called "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright. Wright is a racist. He is a "black liberation theologist". His views are as anti-Christian as one can get. So, if Obama sat there and listened for 20 years, without raising objection (If he didn't agree, why did he stay there?), it follows that Obama agrees with Wright, and is therefore a racist.

Readings from Obama's book bear truth to this, and I know that Glenn Beck has read his book. It is the logical conclusion. Obama is a racist. Period. You just can't get away from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I quit buyng P&G products already and I will be dropping Progressive Insurance. I have wanted to for awhile and this is the motivation to finally do it.

There are advertizers lining up to get a spot on this program and reach millions of viewers.

emailed to P&G:

I have just seen it on the internet that because of pressure from radicals you have decided to drop your advertising on Glenn Beck so I have decided to drop your products from my shopping list. There is a full blown attack on free speech both from the radical left all the way up to the White House. I will not be doing business with any company that supports the further destruction of the freedoms we hold dear in this country!
Great letter. That is all you needed to say, too. Short and sweet.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Taco Bell? Really? Why's that?

I am not poking fun at you. I am just curious. I know why you would protest AIG but...Taco Bell?
My thoughts exactly, Taco Bell (are they still Pepsico?)? I know that Taco Bell is far from authentic Mexican (if we want real Mexican food, we go to one of the many "hole in the wall" Mexican restaurants that are popping uo everywhere, run by real Mexicans, and the food is sooooo good! So like what we used to get in San Diego). But Taco Bell sometimes just "hits the spot" and it is cheap! No, it isn't like what we make at home, and it isn't like the "real deal". It's just "Taco Bell" and it tastes good!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Ahhh..floridasandy...you beat me to it. Thank you for expressing my sentiments also. In addition to that, we should all write to these companies and let them know they shouldn't be taking sides they are turning their backs on a large number of consumers. Remember, almost half of all voters did NOT vote for Obama. That's a sizeable market that they are dissing. If they haven't realized that, we should politely point it out to them.

p.s. there are plenty of excellent products on the market - and better insurance companies (mine, for one).
You make a good point: Obama didn't exactly win in a landslide. He barely got a majority. And at this point in time, if the election were held again, knowing what people know now, McCain/Palin would likely be the winners, by a huge margin.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:04 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You make a good point: Obama didn't exactly win in a landslide. He barely got a majority. And at this point in time, if the election were held again, knowing what people know now, McCain/Palin would likely be the winners, by a huge margin.
Your very right. UHC is failing, and Obama along with it. People are getting wise to the Chicago thug in the WH.. He will soon be a lame duck without support.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:58 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Keep telling yourselves that.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
365 to 179 Electoral votes isn't a landslide?

Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
McCain couldn't win with Palin then and certainly couldn't win with her now. Republicans better pull someone out of the hat, and quickly, who isn't seen as a fool or a fundie.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
see ya progressive...........

Old 08-07-2009, 07:16 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally posted by nononsenseguy
Well, in that case you could say Reagan's 50% share in 1980 is hardly a landslide. 53% while not stunning, is still a solid majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies