Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:01 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
What an confused poster to reply.
Those women are helping to destroy a family. This should remain a private issue. Jenny has money she should have called a mover.
Either confusing to you or anyone else-Mark has a soul mate and it is not Jenny!

Ceece you called Mark an idiot why? Because he loves another doesn't make him an idiot.
I will cut you some slack for writing such a confusing post about women breaking up a family or hiring movers. How anyone takes their clothing out of the house is not something you need to be concerned about anyway.

He is obviously too irrational, emotional and unstable to be in a leadership position.

And he is an idiot for lying to everyone the way he did, how he did, for as long as he did. He made this a public spectacle, not his wife.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-10-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:48 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,463,479 times
It's quite interesting that Sanford hasn't already resigned from office. I wonder why he won't? What is his reasoning that leads him to believe that he is now fit for holding office?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-10-2009 at 03:23 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Do you ever mind your own business? Marriages fall apart all the time in america are you in their business also? Oh wait its only republicans bedrooms that you care about

This marriage didn't "fall apart," it was demolished by one party (the governor). That and the way he conducted himself while doing it should make the people of South Carolina think hard about removing him from office, since he won't resign on his own.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:52 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
It's quite interesting that Sanford hasn't already resigned from office. I wonder why he won't? What is his reasoning that leads him to believe that he is now fit for holding office?
I have no respect for Gov Sanford, but what does having an affair have to do with being qualified for office? We have had many representatives getting caught with pants down, like former pres Bill Clinton, and it has not had an impact on their ability to serve out their term. John Edwards was trying his best to lie his way out of his affair. Today I think sex is off the table.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:53 PM

Qualified and politically effective (given the disconnect between his behavior and his party's line on "family values" and his own profession of Christian faith) are two different things. Let's see if the people of South Carolina agree with me.

Do you think the GOP blather about "family values" is just hot air to manipulate religious dimwits? If not, then Sanford has disgraced the GOP, at least in South Carolina, and should be advised ASAP to resign from office or the people of South Carolina should remove him from office via a recall initiative and vote.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It appears English is not your first (or best) language so I will cut you some slack for writing such a confusing post about women breaking up a family or hiring movers. How anyone takes their clothing out of the house is not something you need to be concerned about anyway.

He is obviously too irrational, emotional and unstable to be in a leadership position.

And he is an idiot for lying to everyone the way he did, how he did, for as long as he did. He made this a public spectacle, not his wife.
And you too are a sweetheart.
Those meddling women should have stayed out of it. Jenny made sure the press covered the moving. Nothing is confusing but your post. Jenny is a rich woman movers would have been better. Maybe having such good friends is probably what enticed Mark to stray. Good friends and family listen. Lesson for Jenny-Money can't buy you love. Love that song.

Mark Sanford is in love with another woman. The love he has expressed for this woman does not make him an idiot. I have no idea how he runs the state. I doubt many women would not enjoy hearing a man express his love for them in this way.

FACT CHECK you understood my post regardless of what language only you assumed it was written in.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I have no respect for Gov Sanford, but what does having an affair have to do with being qualified for office? We have had many representatives getting caught with pants down, like former pres Bill Clinton, and it has not had an impact on their ability to serve out their term. John Edwards was trying his best to lie his way out of his affair. Today I think sex is off the table.
I agree he may be a good governor. I am just pleased his relationship was with a woman of legal age.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
This marriage didn't "fall apart," it was demolished by one party (the governor). That and the way he conducted himself while doing it should make the people of South Carolina think hard about removing him from office, since he won't resign on his own.
WOW do you know anything about Jenny? If so please post it. Judging from the outside and being behind closed doors are two completely different things.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
WOW do you know anything about Jenny? If so please post it. Judging from the outside and being behind closed doors are two completely different things.

Gee, you must think that one proper way to deal with a "broken down" marriage is to carry on an affair in secret at first and then later beg your wife's permission to do so. As opposed to ending the marriage, then carrying on with one's own life. Interesting distinction, don't you think?

Old 08-10-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Gee, you must think that one proper way to deal with a "broken down" marriage is to carry on an affair in secret at first and then later beg your wife's permission to do so. As opposed to ending the marriage, then carrying on with one's own life. Interesting distinction, don't you think?
You still did not answer my post. No he asked for permission to travel to see his love and he told her dad. Who in the public knew the marriage was broken before Jenny alerted the media? You did read or hear Jenny state she moved out to work on her marriage? Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies