Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:26 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,916 times

Advertisements

Forget it, you're not understanding my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Well i for one..hope she and jesus pick those pockets clean in the divorce hearing. You know its just a matter of time. What a Idiot
I'm pretty sure she has more money than he does.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I have no respect for Gov Sanford, but what does having an affair have to do with being qualified for office? We have had many representatives getting caught with pants down, like former pres Bill Clinton, and it has not had an impact on their ability to serve out their term. John Edwards was trying his best to lie his way out of his affair. Today I think sex is off the table.
But sex should not be off the table, and I'll tell you why. Look, I really don't care what free Americans choose to do in their private time. But the fact is the man not only lied to his wife, he lied to his constituents as well. If he had come out and said "Look, I am going on vacation to Argentina to be with my soul mate", it would be different. Instead, he lied to everyone who supported him in his election. That is reason enough to not want him in office. Now, if the people of SC choose to let him stay, that is on them. But they should definately have a say because they were treated dishonestly by their governor.

Also, most of us want representatives to be of a high moral standing. We want our leaders to set a good example for our children and even for us. When officials do things like this, it diminishes their office and their public standing. They are no longer completely fulfilling their role as a leader. And that is why this sort of scandal is a big deal. It's not the act that is so bad, it is the betrayal of the office he has been elected to.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
CNN reports Jenny Sanford is filing for divorce. IMO it's about time the wives of some of these philanderers pulled the plug and refused to stand next to their lousy spouses like some sort of helpless simp.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,825,998 times
Mark doesn't care as he is no longer in love with her.

I do think she is making the right move for herself.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I guess she cannot stand the competition. I thought competition brought out the best in people.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:16 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
COLUMBIA, S.C. — The wife of South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford moved out of the official
governor's residence with their four sons Friday, a little more than a month after he admitted
to a yearlong affair with an Argentine woman he called his "soul mate."

First lady Jenny Sanford and several other women moved bags of clothes, a suitcase and
armloads of suits and dresses on hangers from the governor's mansion in Columbia before
departing in a caravan of sport utility vehicles. Three of the four boys were present,
carrying tote and duffel bags.

Jenny Sanford Moving Out Of Governor's Mansion
I wish her and her sons all the best. I hope that she finds peace and healing through time as she re-builds her life away separate from him; same goes for the boys.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:55 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
Good. I am sure she can find a better guy, if she so chooses. She is attractive and smart.... she doesn't need this loser.

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-05-2010, 07:18 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
You gotta read this excellent piece in the NY Times about the Sanford's, from Jenny's book. Mark Sanford is an extraordinary whack job.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:22 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I guess she cannot stand the competition. I thought competition brought out the best in people.
No one should have to compete for their spouse. If they have to compete then the spouse isn't worth the competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies