Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,266,359 times

Advertisements

[quote=Houston3;10188139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
your an idiot, first of all , I am a Jew and very very offended by your ignorant comment. Second of all I was in the U.S. Navy where the government handled my healthcare for 16 years, and did a great job. I NEVER once had a single worry. Right now if I needed emergency surgery, I would die or go bankrupt. I probably would have to choose to die rather than destroy my family and kids college funds. When I was in the Navy, I had regular check ups, my family had check ups as well as full dental. I haven't been back to the Dentist in 10 years. Just hoping that my new dental care, brushing 3 times a day, will work out for the entire family.

Atilla That was truly the dumbest comment in years on city data. Maybe the worst post on any site on or off city data

I don't even think Walmart would except you into their store to Shop there, and further more, would someone call the spelling police and have this poster arrested....sheesh, proof read your ill thought-out statements before you hit Submit Reply.[/QUOTE

""Second of all I was in the U.S. Navy where the government handled my healthcare for 16 years, and did a great job. I NEVER once had a single worry. Right now if I needed emergency surgery, I would die or go bankrupt.""""

IF you ARE a Veteran with 16 years service you damn well know that the bolded quote is a LIE...

and if you spent 16 years in the Navy, why don't you know the difference between "your" and you're?
Why is that a lie, you do understand I am not IN the Navy anymore and dont have the care I used to, so now you just look incredibly ignorant, trying to tell me what I would have to do when you and I have never met.
and Good for YOU, you found YOUR instead of you're
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:20 AM

1,133 posts, read 713,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
your an idiot, first of all , I am a Jew and very very offended by your ignorant comment. Second of all I was in the U.S. Navy where the government handled my healthcare for 16 years, and did a great job. I NEVER once had a single worry. Right now if I needed emergency surgery, I would die or go bankrupt. I probably would have to choose to die rather than destroy my family and kids college funds. When I was in the Navy, I had regular check ups, my family had check ups as well as full dental. I haven't been back to the Dentist in 10 years. Just hoping that my new dental care, brushing 3 times a day, will work out for the entire family.

Atilla That was truly the dumbest comment in years on city data. Maybe the worst post on any site on or off city data

I don't even think Walmart would except you into their store to Shop there, and further more, would someone call the spelling police and have this poster arrested....sheesh, proof read your ill thought-out statements before you hit Submit Reply.
The only thing dumb about the post pal is your reactionary tantrum. There is one more thing dumb though. If you don't have enough brains to go to the VA and get your personal health care maybe you won't have enough sense to get to the Obama clinic for a tongue depressor.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Things are upside down in this country when protest is viewed as killing democracy. It's interesting that folks can't believe that people are motivated to go to town hall meetings because the have a genuine interest in the future of healthcare. It must be manufactured how else to explain that people disagree with me will express thier opinion. The people who claim this are delusional.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
""Why is that a lie, you do understand I am not IN the Navy anymore and dont have the care I used to, so now you just look incredibly ignorant, trying to tell me what I would have to do when you and I have never met.
and Good for YOU, you found YOUR instead of you're""

I don't think you were ever in the Navy, because if you had been you would know about the VA Hospital system.. Maybe not the best care but if you had 16 years active duty it would be free to you...

The only way you would not be able to use the VA is if you had a less than honorable discharge from the Navy.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Things are upside down in this country when protest is viewed as killing democracy. It's interesting that folks can't believe that people are motivated to go to town hall meetings because the have a genuine interest in the future of healthcare. It must be manufactured how else to explain that people disagree with me will express thier opinion. The people who claim this are delusional.
How is that genuine interest in the future of health care served by shouting down speakers and not allowing others to ask questions?

Is it a coincidence that those very same techniques are spelled out by a leader of an anti-Obama organization and available on line?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Again, people who scream in a town hall meeting, never allowing anyone to answer nor allowing anyone else to speak are killing democracy by trying to kill free speech.

They COULD go and ask questions and take their turn at the mic but they chose to scream hysterically(doesn't THAT make for open dialog) and NOT LET OTHERS SPEAK!

They are NOT interested in the future of health care or they would discuss it rationally .

They are NOT interested in anyone's Free Speech but THEIR OWN!

They could just hold their own rallies and stand there screaming but they choose to disrupt others who want to discuss it like intelligent adults.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
How is that genuine interest in the future of health care served by shouting down speakers and not allowing others to ask questions?

Is it a coincidence that those very same techniques are spelled out by a leader of an anti-Obama organization and available on line?
So you have to protest only in a whisper? They were pretty loud at a couple of liberal protest that I have been to....I guess they had not learned their lessons also in Protest 101.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post

Its protest, democracy is messy. It cuts across all political spectrums, code pink for example on the left. All types of disent, aside from violence strengthens democracy.

So what the techniques are outlined by an Obama opponent? How does it make it less legitimate? People are motivated to get off their couches, make their voices heard and participate in the process. On balance it is a good thing.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
So you have to protest only in a whisper?
Who said that???? Point out who said that??

WHERE did anyone say THAT????

Townhall meetings are for discussion...ya know, talking....NOT screaming down others and taking away their right to free speech! Disrupting the meetings accomplishes NOTHING except taking away other's rights to free speech.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Its protest, democracy is messy. It cuts across all political spectrums, code pink for example on the left. All types of disent, aside from violence strengthens democracy.

So what the techniques are outlined by an Obama opponent? How does it make it less legitimate? People are motivated to get off their couches, make their voices heard and participate in the process. On balance it is a good thing.
You didn't answer either question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies