Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 AM

13,636 posts, read 21,461,183 times

Advertisements

[quote=domergurl;10257441]And??? What does a townhall on healthcare have to do with carrying a gun??? Seriously ... he made a fool of himself and his entire ilk. As much as I hate typing this, one this the Cheney regime had down pat was STAY ON MESSAGE ... it's not so much like that anymore. You have people toting bibles to these meetings, the birthers ... what a bunch of maroooons.

quote]

I don't think the guy thought it had anything to do with healthcare either,but according to him he didn't bring it because of the meeting,he brought it because he always carries it.

But does it matter if a person brings a bible,a copy of the communist manifesto,,a Rosa Parks sign,or a copy of a comic book?People are free (should be) to bring what they want as far as what represents what they think as long as they don't intrude on someone elses right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 10:04 AM

870 posts, read 1,631,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And??? What does a townhall on healthcare have to do with carrying a gun??? Seriously ... he made a fool of himself and his entire ilk. As much as I hate typing this, one this the Cheney regime had down pat was STAY ON MESSAGE ... it's not so much like that anymore. You have people toting bibles to these meetings, the birthers ... what a bunch of maroooons.

YouTube - What A Maroon!
what about those drum beating "marooooons" at the townhall meeting? what did drums have to do with a townhall on healthcare? but, i am assuming you think the drums are ok since they were obama supporters. right?

Old 08-13-2009, 02:02 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,786,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well again,that is nice to know you think the peoples rights are to be restricted by the mere presence of Royalty.
And it's nice to know that you think you have a right to kill people.

I'm sorry....threaten people with death.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 PM

809 posts, read 1,206,319 times
Yawn....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
And it's nice to know that you think you have a right to kill people.

I'm sorry....threaten people with death.
Threaten? How?
By driving past them -- within a few feet --- with with a large, fast moving , self-propeled metal object ? YKWIM , a car or truck.

Or are were talking about chefs with large knives? Carpenters with large portable saws?

I think that open carry in town is usually kinda dumb -- like wearing mis-matched socks , but the hysterical fear is little much.

The relatively puny power tool stayed in the holster. Where's the threat?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:03 PM

The threat is made obvious. People without guns cannot shoot me, people with guns can. There is no other reasonable purpose for it--other than being fired.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:13 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,596,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I know there weren't meant to. Social safety net like medicare, medicaid and social security. Of course the way they work today is inefficient but we need something to take care of the elderly and those who simply can't take care of themselves.
We used to have that, it was called family. Everyone looked out for their parents and grandparents when they got older and couldn't take care of themselves anymore.

Those days are gone, hell these days some of the kids today are lucky if they even know who their daddy is, let alone their grandparents!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:09 PM

809 posts, read 1,206,319 times
Really?
quote=TKramar;10262825]The threat is made obvious. People without guns cannot shoot me, people with guns can. There is no other reasonable purpose for it--other than being fired.[/quote]

I have guns.
I don't see any reason to shoot you or any other harmless human being.
And , I don't see firearms as a viable way to settle political differences in a constitutional republic. Ballots work better than bullets.
I drive a car -- I try not to run over innocent people .
So far I have never harmed an innocent harmless person with either a motor vehicle or a firearm. Or a chainsaw or a gallon of gasoline , or with electric current.

I suspect that a great many people , including all walks of life , have had similar experiences.

New Hampshire being the way it is , I am sure that there were dozens , if not hundreds of privately owned guns within a few blocks of that health care meeting. Only one privately owned gun was in plain sight .

Old 08-14-2009, 07:14 AM

So far--but you never know...

Besides, I only have your word as an indication of your actual character...and unfortunately these days, that's not nearly enough.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:50 PM

20,393 posts, read 20,039,802 times
What a grating blowhard. He's trying to outdo Olbermann.

No wonder their ratings are in the crapper.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,333 times
I think C Mathews has a crush on Obama and cannot deal with it...so sad!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies