Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,832,852 times

Advertisements

Yeah Matthews has become just as bad as the Rush, Beck, and Dobbs at this point. I've got him on right now and he keeps deflecting reality and blaming every bit of dissent on race or from birthers. The guy seems to have lost the ability to have a grown up conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:21 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,895,045 times
Stop putting others on pedestals to where the 'common people' lose their rights because a member of the 'special class' is near....

Old 08-11-2009, 11:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,290,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post

YouTube - Hardball With Chris Matthews - 8/11/2009: Protester brings gun to town hall

Matthews had no hope with this guy.

Back when I was young, stupid and liberal, I actually thought this guy was unbiased.
Actually, no, just the opposite. The gun-toting nut is the one who got pwnd.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:06 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,121,323 times
Matthews is just phoning in his efforts now. There's something up between him and MSNBC's honchos, I think he's getting disgusted with the network. Either that or they've come down on him for not stooping to new depths like everybody else there.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,585,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
He was well within his Constitutional rights,if you are frightened by people exercising their rights it is YOUR problem.
Excuse me? Seems like someone is not getting any tonight, eh?

I never said I did not believe in Constitutional rights. I have every right to be fearful if someone has a gun. Especially at a protest. Especially where people get ANGRY and might start a shooting spree. I (and other people) have a right to life and I do not want to risk it because some Republican got angry at a Health Care meeting.

If you are upset that I have the right to life, it is YOUR problem. Sorry sweetie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You're in for it now, I am a conservative and they lambasted me I fear for you.
No kidding. I was thinking you were a conservative and actually pretty surprised at people's reaction. I don't see what the big deal is. If there is a protest with high emotions and rage, having a gun there is not safe. I mean people start hitting other people. We don't need someone to die.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:19 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,895,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I never said I did not believe in Constitutional rights. I have every right to be fearful if someone has a gun. Especially at a protest. Especially where people get ANGRY and might start a shooting spree. I (and other people) have a right to life and I do not want to risk it because some Republican got angry at a Health Care meeting.

If you are upset that I have the right to life, it is YOUR problem. Sorry sweetie.

No kidding. I was thinking you were a conservative and actually pretty surprised at people's reaction. I don't see what the big deal is. If there is a protest with high emotions and rage, having a gun there is not safe. I mean people start hitting other people. We don't need someone to die.
Again...you being frightened doesn't mean another person loses their rights....this man had every right to do what he did,you being afraid is immaterial and unimportant.

Are you this frightened by armed police officers???

Old 08-11-2009, 11:34 PM

841 posts, read 2,262,619 times
Mathews got pwned? How SO? Matthews as bad as Rush, Beck and Dobbs? LOL How So?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,581,357 times
This guy doesn't care about healthcare but his fanatical thinking that his rights are slowly being eroded hence strapping his gun to his thigh. Not the brightest thing to do at a town hall meeting with the President attending.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:47 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,832,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
Matthews as bad as Rush, Beck and Dobbs? LOL How So?
He's gone loon after realizing he was never gonna get a chance to run for the senate. He doesn't even try anymore, all he does is call everyone who disagrees a racist or a birther. Come on. Disagreeing with the president has nothing to do with race.

He used to have a decent show and would let both sides talk, now I change the channel. Outside of the Sunday shows there is nothing on any cable news channel worth watching. They've all gone bat**** crazy.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:55 PM

763 posts, read 1,300,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Sounds like you are pretty bitter and angry with all those personal attacks. Typical liberal responses though

When Chris mathews looks in the mirror, he gets owned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies