Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON — Militia groups with gripes against the government are regrouping across
the country and could grow rapidly, according to an organization that tracks such trends.

The stress of a poor economy and a liberal administration led by a black president are
among the causes for the recent rise, the report from the Southern Poverty Law Center
says. Conspiracy theories about a secret Mexican plan to reclaim the Southwest are also
growing amid the public debate about illegal immigration.

Officials See Rise In Militia Groups Across US

I say send all these nut bags to Gitmo... Wait, they're closing it, maybe we should reconsider...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
"White supremacists and militias are more violent and thus more likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks on the scale of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing," the threat projection said.

I believe there may be some right here on CD.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
WASHINGTON — Militia groups with gripes against the government are regrouping across
the country and could grow rapidly, according to an organization that tracks such trends.

The stress of a poor economy and a liberal administration led by a black president are
among the causes for the recent rise, the report from the Southern Poverty Law Center
says. Conspiracy theories about a secret Mexican plan to reclaim the Southwest are also

I say send all these nut bags to Gitmo... Wait, they're closing it, maybe we should reconsider...
that gitmo idea is working out real well for the president:
From NBC’s Matthew Samuels
Not in my backyard. That was the message from Kansas and Michigan Republicans about the possibility of Guantanamo inmates moving to Fort Leavenworth in Kansas or the Standish state prison in northeastern Michigan.

“Leavenworth is not suitable for the 100 most dangerous terrorists in the world,” Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) said on a conference call with reporters, hosted by the Republican National Committee. “Not in Kansas, not in my backyard.

“I am going to do everything I can to block this, even if it means shutting down the Senate.”

Standish is in Michigan’s first congressional district, represented by Democrat Bart Stupak. But Mike Rogers, who represents Michigan’s eighth congressional district, expressed his outrage on the call for the possibility of moving the inmates to his state.

“These are people who are highly trained and motivated to commit jihad and murder,” Rogers said. “No amount of money can be thrown at these states that will make this safe and acceptable.

He continued, “Come to Michigan, the state that holds the world's most dangerous terrorists; this is not a great selling point."

"It is not a shock to me that even the Saudis would say absolutely not; we don’t want them,” Rogers said of Saudi Arabia declining to take inmates.

why would any administration want to import jobs out and terrorists in?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
I got this link via e-mail and it's appropriate in this thread. Give a listen and see what you think.

He mentions Larry Sinclair, and in case you don't know, that's the ex-con who claims he used dope and had a sexual encounter with State Senator Obama a few years ago. There's also the use of the term "Mack Daddy," which is a slang term for a super pimp.

TUNE IN HERE AND LISTEN TO THIS FELLOW FOR A FEW MINUTES.!

Click here: Louisiana Gun <http://la-gun.com/email/manning/>

There truly are some very nutty people in the world, but he may not be
too far off in his "predictions." There IS an awful lot of rage out
there and those who are angry ARE arming themselves to the teeth. Moderator cut: link and first two sentences only please! Copyright

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Correct spacing

Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:

There is no doubt that the right wing is going to do violence. They always do when they don't get their way on everything. I predict that they will either blow up a building or kill a Congressman by Christmas.
BUT I also think they will make a "fatal error" in doing so. At that point the mood in the country will change and the government will move to declare the militia groups as terrorist organizations and start breaking them up and jailing their leaders. And they will finally tell the AM radio stations that these right wing talkers like Savage and Beck have to go if the station wants a license renewal because they are encouraging terrorism.
So we may see a good thing after all!

Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
But wait, the left has officially declared the war on terror as over so these can't be terrorist groups. And I guess this means in essence, that the Obama administration has made us less safe? More militia groups is a sure sign of the government overstepping its bounds and becoming tyrannical. Especially this regime! But some of the lefties out here are all for government control of everything, now suggesting that the government ban free speech on the radio airways. Makes you wonder why the left wants to be so oppressed and why they enjoy being victims. I guess it give them an excuse for failure.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:25 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There is no doubt that the right wing is going to do violence. They always do when they don't get their way on everything. I predict that they will either blow up a building or kill a Congressman by Christmas.
BUT I also think they will make a "fatal error" in doing so. At that point the mood in the country will change and the government will move to declare the militia groups as terrorist organizations and start breaking them up and jailing their leaders. And they will finally tell the AM radio stations that these right wing talkers like Savage and Beck have to go if the station wants a license renewal because they are encouraging terrorism.
That will only increase the killing. Oh, and you've never heard of pirate radio have you?

Besides, just like the colonists, patriots like us will never beginning the killing first. That is, unless the media will scapegoat one person as part of some militia, which by definition is a bunch of horses***

Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Troll thread. Send Americans to Gitmo. You have more heroes than you realize.

YouTube - The Rise Of Evil - Reichstag Fire

Old 08-12-2009, 06:37 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post

Political prisoners and silencing free media. "Liberal" has a whole new meaning. We used to call that facism, but this is the new america.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 AM

The fact that militia groups are increasing in number is another great accomplishment of Obama, outside of helping millions more get firearms. Thanks Mr. President, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies