Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,417,212 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of this blatant fear-mongering. Enough! As for the person who stated Obama is not their president, unless you are a citizen of another country, Obama is indeed your president. You certaintly don't have to support him or agree with his policies but he is still your/our president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I am so sick of this blatant fear-mongering. Enough! As for the person who stated Obama is not their president, unless you are a citizen of another country, Obama is indeed your president. You certaintly don't have to support him or agree with his policies but he is still your/our president.
Using this analogy,ANY leader no matter how dictatorial they become is the people's leader if they were elected....

Hitler was elected,as was Chavez.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM

201 posts, read 240,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
WASHINGTON — Militia groups with gripes against the government are regrouping across
the country and could grow rapidly, according to an organization that tracks such trends.

The stress of a poor economy and a liberal administration led by a black president are
among the causes for the recent rise, the report from the Southern Poverty Law Center
says. Conspiracy theories about a secret Mexican plan to reclaim the Southwest are also
growing amid the public debate about illegal immigration.

Officials See Rise In Militia Groups Across US

I say send all these nut bags to Gitmo... Wait, they're closing it, maybe we should reconsider...
What a moron. Send them to gitmo for what? Defending their country? Not wanting this country to turn into a communist dictatorship?
I love how you liberals think,wanting to lock citizens up who have done nothing wrong.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
"White supremacists and militias are more violent and thus more likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks on the scale of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing," the threat projection said.

I believe there may be some right here on CD.

Some what? I love how they try to compare militia members to white supremacists, course that's what we get when the hateful splc decides to stick its nose where it does not belong.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-12-2009 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
The SPLC has no credibility. And BTW, OKC was not done by militias, but a lone individual.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot14 View Post
Some what? I love how they try to compare militia members to white supremacistModerator cut: racist
They got sued by one militia leader for trying to associate them with racists, and the militiaman won...and they had to stop making those comments about that one and remove some things from their site.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-12-2009 at 10:47 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There is no doubt that the right wing is going to do violence. They always do when they don't get their way on everything. I predict that they will either blow up a building or kill a Congressman by Christmas.
BUT I also think they will make a "fatal error" in doing so. At that point the mood in the country will change and the government will move to declare the militia groups as terrorist organizations and start breaking them up and jailing their leaders. And they will finally tell the AM radio stations that these right wing talkers like Savage and Beck have to go if the station wants a license renewal because they are encouraging terrorism.
So we may see a good thing after all!
Eh at least I will have something exciting to look forward to. Something interesting on the news. Love how the left supposedly never commits violence you know like the black panthers,weather underground etc never committed violence.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,417,212 times
I read somewhere that when a Democratic/liberal President takes office, instances of domestic terrorism increase significantly. Why is this? This is not a troll question as I am genuinely curious. Most people were angry or at least disappointed with the Bush administration yet I don't recall people forming malitias(sp). Why are so many people so angry now? Maybe I'm niaeve but I just want some semblance of peace.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I got this link via e-mail and it's appropriate in this thread. Give a listen and see what you think.

He mentions Larry Sinclair, and in case you don't know, that's the ex-con who claims he used dope and had a sexual encounter with State Senator Obama a few years ago. There's also the use of the term "Mack Daddy," which is a slang term for a super pimp.

TUNE IN HERE AND LISTEN TO THIS FELLOW FOR A FEW MINUTES.!

Click here: Louisiana Gun <http://la-gun.com/email/manning/>

There truly are some very nutty people in the world, but he may not be
too far off in his "predictions." There IS an awful lot of rage out
there and those who are angry ARE arming themselves to the teeth. All
it would take is some spark, some casual comment, something seemingly
insignificant or trivial. In fact, I know several people who are just
waiting for it to start, in fact, lusting for it.

God help us when, or if, it does.

Remember how our revolution started? A few acts of Parliament, a few
actions by the King, and one night a protest mob showed up at the
Governor's residence in Boston, egged on by inflammatory and hateful
rhetoric from leaders who knew exactly what they were doing. A
frightened British SGT gave the order to open fire and the Boston
Massacre was on. From that one, single event, armed revolt began.
Looking back, we can see how the anger, hatred and fear led to it and
how our "founding fathers" gratefully used it to fan the flames. We
should never forget that those founding fathers, notably Sam Adams, did
not enjoy wide-spread support. In fact, they were considered extremist
oddballs and traitors (which they were.) Nor should we forget that at
no point during the revolution did more than one quarter of our citizens
support it. About an equal number supported the established government, but the largest majority (about half) took no part in it, one way or the other, and just tried to stay out of the way. With only one in four
supporting them, the founding fathers took this nation away from it's
legal owners and created something brand new.

We can see the same process repeated in the late 1850's and early
1860's, finally culminating in the bombardment of Ft. Sumter. Like
during the revolution, once that first shot was fired, there could be no
turning back.

The point is that revolution, revolt, mayhem, anarchy and violence does
not need anything even near majority support to not only start, but to
be successful. A handful of violent extremist's overthrew the Czar; a
handful of violent extremist's overthrew the Kingdom of France; a
handful of violent extremist's drove the French out of Algeria and
Vietnam, the Portuguese out of Africa, the British out of India. It can
be done here too by only a handful of violent extremist's.

They're out there, working right now to overthrow the established order,
and all it will take is one spark to set it off. There are underground
movements operating right now, similar to the "Sons of Liberty," and
they are diligently trying to provide that spark. It would be easy to
assume that the police and army could easily deal with something like
that, but it should be remembered that those violent extremist's who led
our own revolution took on, and defeated, the most powerful military
machine in the world. Take no comfort in the number of cops and
soldiers the government has at its disposal. They could be quickly
overwhelmed and there's no cavalry to ride to the rescue.

Pray without ceasing.

LMAO! I found a black man I like listening to! I like him. He is right to.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I read somewhere that when a Democratic/liberal President takes office, instances of domestic terrorism increase significantly. Why is this? This is not a troll question as I am genuinely curious. Most people were angry or at least disappointed with the Bush administration yet I don't recall people forming malitias(sp). Why are so many people so angry now? Maybe I'm niaeve but I just want some semblance of peace.
Because the bogeyman used by the left is the 'evil white racist militia member'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies