Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of the olde hollerings about there be commies around evey corner.First the home security naming veterans as terroiriust suspects. then obama calling the police stuipd ;then Pelosi calling protesters nazi's and unameraican. ;all the talk about silencing christians.How the whitehousing wanting people to email about other people making complaints, Shades of the 1930's german state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Using this analogy,ANY leader no matter how dictatorial they become is the people's leader if they were elected....

Hitler was elected,as was Chavez.
I would hardly compare our current administration with that of Nazi Germany.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because the bogeyman used by the left is the 'evil white racist militia member'...
Huh? I don't understand what you're trying to convey.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:46 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I would hardly compare our current administration with that of Nazi Germany.
Sigh... you miss the point entirely in your knee jerk response.

Hitler was elected,he was a rather bad person all round,however using your position as he was elected he was the leader of the German people,even those who did not support him.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Huh? I don't understand what you're trying to convey.
The left has to have its enemy....it has basically invented an enemy in the 'evil white racist militia' and the useful idiots believe them.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The SPLC has no credibility. And BTW, OKC was not done by militias, but a lone individual.
Well, not a lone individual......

Old 08-12-2009, 09:04 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Eeehhhh.

People stocked up on provisions and firearms b/f 2000, thinking the world was coming to an end and once the infrastructure crashed, roaming bands of marauders would assault us all and take our goods and our lives.

There have always been militia out there . . . the nutcases almost always act alone.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that gitmo idea is working out real well for the president:
From NBC’s Matthew Samuels
Not in my backyard. That was the message from Kansas and Michigan Republicans about the possibility of Guantanamo inmates moving to Fort Leavenworth in Kansas or the Standish state prison in northeastern Michigan.

“Leavenworth is not suitable for the 100 most dangerous terrorists in the world,” Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) said on a conference call with reporters, hosted by the Republican National Committee. “Not in Kansas, not in my backyard.

“I am going to do everything I can to block this, even if it means shutting down the Senate.”

Standish is in Michigan’s first congressional district, represented by Democrat Bart Stupak. But Mike Rogers, who represents Michigan’s eighth congressional district, expressed his outrage on the call for the possibility of moving the inmates to his state.

“These are people who are highly trained and motivated to commit jihad and murder,” Rogers said. “No amount of money can be thrown at these states that will make this safe and acceptable.

He continued, “Come to Michigan, the state that holds the world's most dangerous terrorists; this is not a great selling point."

"It is not a shock to me that even the Saudis would say absolutely not; we don’t want them,” Rogers said of Saudi Arabia declining to take inmates.

why would any administration want to import jobs out and terrorists in?
Yes, I agree we should keep Gitmo open just for the RW Freaks...
In a side note; why do the GOP as a party always keep their constituents living in fear?

Last edited by dukester.2; 08-12-2009 at 10:03 AM..

Old 08-12-2009, 09:58 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
What does this have to do with Bush?
It has everything to do with Bush. I never thought I would say anything nice about Bush and his terrorism policies but he has put forth the legal framework for us to deal with the right wing kooks and militia types as well as the mouthpieces who use the public airwaves to egg them on. The legal framework is already in place and all the government has to do is use it to shut the right wing kooks, mouthpieces and militias down cold! So while we protested things such as warrantless searches and wiretaps and black list, perhaps we were wrong. Perhaps President Bush and now President Obama were right in that these can be useful tools to rid ourselves of terrorist- both foreign and domestic.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If a large enough percentage of the population would do it, seems like changing your W4's to no withholding and then not filing on April 15th might put citizens in a position to barter a little bit.
That would be an act of terrorism and treason. We have camps available for those that try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies