Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should american citizens be allowed a referendum vote on this health care bill?
yes, they should-let the people decide 50 59.52%
no, they should not-let government decide 32 38.10%
don't know / don't care either way 2 2.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,880,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
If they did, the liberals and Democrats would lose and be incredibly embarrassed... they kept claiming "most" Americans want this and most of the polls indicate the opposite... they don't want a referendum, they just want to force it on you and make you pay for someone else...
I will admit, liars are winning the battle right now. Mission accomplished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,326,104 times
Question for everyone:

IF, and its a BIG if, the United States went to a National Healtcare System, say similar to the UK (only as an example), would you support a patients ability to sue their doctor for malpractice?

Or, should the Physican and Facilities be immune from suit as say, those practicing medicine in the Military currently are immune?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,524,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
how convenient to make doctors the "bad guys", doing all these extra tests simply to boost their income, rather than to protect themselves from lawyers looking to make a buck off of somebody with deep pockets.
Do a little research. Courts are very good at throwing out frivolous lawsuits. The far greater problem lies in their throwing out as well many cases that truly are based upon actual injury resulting from actual error. It would seem to me that, in your mind, those lawyers who work to DEPRIVE injured litigants of the compensation they are entitled to under law rank more highly than lawyers who work to ASSURE that injured litigants receive the compensation that they are entitled to under law. Why IS that???

Meanwhile, however refined their bedside manner might be, doctors do not have any excuse for loading up on excessive tests and referrals over the excuse of fear of malpractice. This is a sham. If any doctor has ever been found guilty of malpractice for having not performed a test or made a referral that was not called for to begin with, you'll have to dig up the record of it for me.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Question for everyone:

IF, and its a BIG if, the United States went to a National Healtcare System, say similar to the UK (only as an example), would you support a patients ability to sue their doctor for malpractice?

Or, should the Physican and Facilities be immune from suit as say, those practicing medicine in the Military currently are immune?
Do you support taking ALL lawsuits away, or just the ones that the strongest of the lobbying groups support?

And for those who support (only) Tort Reform is the way to go and reduce costs, tell me, what kind of savings are we looking at... numbers please.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,326,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you support taking ALL lawsuits away, or just the ones that the strongest of the lobbying groups support?

And for those who support (only) Tort Reform is the way to go and reduce costs, tell me, what kind of savings are we looking at... numbers please.
That is not what I asked.

I asked if we went to a UHC ala the UK type as some propose, should physicans and facilities be immune from malpractice suits?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That is not what I asked.

I asked if we went to a UHC ala the UK type as some propose, should physicans and facilities be immune from malpractice suits?
No. Does that answer your question?

Now your turn to answer the ones I asked.

19,198 posts, read 31,524,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Why was the original must be passed date set to be before the August recess, if it were not being rushed through?
When was that target first spoken of? Was it May? April? Earlier? The debate over how to do and pay for health care reform has been ongoing for months. Sorry if some folks haven't been paying any attention. Their bad.

20,186 posts, read 23,907,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I will admit, liars are winning the battle right now. Mission accomplished.
Hah... there are liars on both sides... I guess hypocrisy is nothing new to you...

Old 08-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Hah... there are liars on both sides... hypocrite...
If you say so, must be true! Now, do you have examples so my time spent exchanging posts with you is worth it?

Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,907,534 times
Oh really... no health care for illegal immigrants... except they are PLANNING to give Amnesty to all illegal immigrants, whoops, they "just" became legal... intentional deceit = lies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies