Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America
Hell No 105 78.95%
No 6 4.51%
Yes 2 1.50%
Hell Yes 11 8.27%
Other 3 2.26%
Not Sure 6 4.51%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 03:29 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Keep laughing.
I will keep laughing, especially when you start threads. You know that no such plan exists. You know that increasing the number of volunteers, increasing the number of people in Americorps, is NOT the same thing as a secret civilian army that Obama is going to control. It's not even in the same universe. You KNOW this and yet you make insane polls that have absolutely no basis in reality.

It's one thing if you don't like the guy or his politics, that's different. But you're just straight up lying. And that's what makes this place so funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 03:41 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Funny, seems the only ones calling out words like 'brownshirts' are left wing defenders of the faith. lets be clear about some things. The 'civilian security force' is NOT a 'brownshirt' or fanatic loyalist para military thing. It is intended to draft civil service personnel, into armed service in a time of 'crisis', and be totally under executive orders. It's scraping the bottom of the barrel, for those who can hold a gun and follow orders, and may not have the qualms about pointing said weapons at US citizens that regular military might. It's not intended to create a Gestapo, just a herd of blind mice with trigger fingers. LMAO, activation of this 'force' as presently outlined, would be a farce. But outline it they did. The latter fact , alone, should concern folks. If it does not, well, join on up. Get a government job, stick your hand up and say 'take me take me'. May as well draw some solid lines
"Civilian Security Force" with Uniforms, Badges and Guns, Yet the thread is about Obamas Plans for a Civilian Army. We already have one but Sherrif Joe is in Command
I hope that my being a conservative isn't dependent on doing homage to Sherrif Joe or The Grand Limburger

Last edited by Boompa; 08-30-2009 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-30-2009, 06:32 PM

757 posts, read 803,195 times
Stick to the topic and stop with the personal insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I never said Obama wants a 'secret' army, the plan, as I read it, is no huge secret, and, would be quite legal, as outlined. Legal don't make it any better of a deal, however. Rather than just blindly defend Obama as a super standup guy, with nothing but good intentions, you should look into it a bit further. If that is making it 'all' about you, well, OK, but the point holds for all who would just blindly follow and put such absolute faith in our Executive leadership. That is what my post was intended to impart, the wording confuse you some?

Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Stick to the topic and stop with the personal insults.
No more than I would blindly follow Sherrif Joe

Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I hope that my being a conservative isn't dependent on doing homage to Sherrif Joe or The Grand Limburger

Let's face facts Jose - you know NOTHING about Arpaio or the Posse. So, why don't you stop your LIES about him? Or, do you enjoy lying?

That's it - isn't it? You like to lie.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Thank you everyone who has posted this video. Many of these Obama-lovers deny the video is real.
Luckily, this country is well-armed enough to protect us from any such invading army that Obama might send in.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Luckily, this country is well-armed enough to protect us from any such invading army that Obama might send in.
Just what "Invading Army" would that be ?
The US Army?
The Police?

Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Just what "Invading Army" would that be ?
The US Army?
The Police?
Uh . . The one that is the topic of this thread?

YouTube - Obama Civilian Security

Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 AM

243 posts, read 343,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Uh . . The one that is the topic of this thread?

YouTube - Obama Civilian Security

Obama is talking about things like the Peace Corps and Americorps. Scary stuff I tell you~

Old 08-31-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Obama is talking about things like the Peace Corps and Americorps. Scary stuff I tell you~
Why not just pass out steroids to the cub scouts and the brownies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies