Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,345,684 times

Advertisements

And no, Obama's speech did not change my mind. He said nothing new and he said it in a very partisan leftist fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,944,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
And no, Obama's speech did not change my mind. He said nothing new and he said it in a very partisan leftist fashion.
What? He NAILED IT! The main is amazing! My leg is STILL tingling!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,120 times
How long until you guys start lying about everything he just said tonight? That's the real question.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM

9,407 posts, read 11,153,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
He said the government's efficient handling will result in savings, you know like Medicare and SS. He also said that by adding 46 million newly insured to the system savings will result. I think he also mentioned he has a bay bridge for sale in Arizona.
Thank you for some reality.

For folks who can remember past yesterday, all these "reform" packages and "this will save money" have been run down the carpet before. Politicians have complete contempt for their "employers," we the people, because so many of us forget that REFORM is a synonym for SKUNKED in DC. Remember Campaign Finance Reform? All fixed, eh?

Remember what Immigration Reform was to consist of? Yes, giving green cards to 12-20 million illegals. For what reason? VOTES.
No other nation is so stupid as to provide for "anchor babies." That is an utter misreading of the constitution.

How's that TARP change working, eh? It was to prevent unemployment from getting into two digits, where it hovers today. Much of it has disappeared or not been spent yet, just wait until summer 2010 for some big spending to occur.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,859 times
Exclamation You, Of Course, Have A Right To Your Opinion...But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
How many pair of flip flops does the idiot in the WH own?

He changes his mind with the wind, he changes the names of thing within the information after he market tested what people are thinking and we still dont trust the fool.

Someone posted this, the more he changes things the more we cannot trust him.

He has lied way to many times to even become believable anymore.

Time to drop this healthcare crap and move on, the majority are not going to be scammed by the scam artist again.

NO way to this scamcare bill.

Obama and his demwit congress screwed up their chance and now the American people do not trust them.
Ahem---I'm one of those American people you keep talking about...I trust him, even though I don't always agree with him...

If you want to play 'boy am I mad, and I'm gonna keep my arms folded and turn red and fume!', then go ahead and knock yourself out...those of us who believe that reform is a viable issue, and who want to wade through all the screaming, hollering, name-calling just plain dadgum annoying hot air, will move on without you...

As I stated in my reply title, you have a right to your opinion---I have NEVER wanted to really silence people whose views don't agree with mine...that isn't right...but there does come a point when all this constant 'yamma yamma yamma he's a commie' gets on my nerves, and a lot of other folks as well, and you can darn well bet I'll call folks on it---like right now

Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 PM

6,802 posts, read 14,023,558 times
Well I will try to answer the question put forth. I doubt if anyone mind was changed. I am sure there were a few who was on the fence and this speech may have filled in some blanks for them. The only thing I was interested in was would he take the pubic option out of the bill. Once he made it clear that he would not there was not much more to talk about. The speech basically told me that he is going to work on getting democrats to vote for his plan and let the pubs sit on the sideline and attack like they have been doing. The speech only confirmed to me that he is not going to work with pubs when it comes to healthcare. It really boils down to the public option and neither side is going to concede a inch.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
How long until you guys start lying about everything he just said tonight? That's the real question.
He didn't specify how he would pay for this significant expansion in coverage. He mentions that the scare stuff for seniors is absolutely wrong, but then he specifically states:

OBAMA: I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit now or in the future. Period. And to prove that I'm serious, there will be a provision in this plan that requires us to come forward with more spending cuts if the savings we promise don't materialize.

We've estimated that most of this plan can be paid for by finding savings within the existing health care system, a system that is currently full of waste and abuse. Right now, too much of the hard-earned savings and tax dollars we spend on health care don't make us any healthier. That's not my judgment. It's the judgment of medical professionals across this country.

I want to specifically know how he plans on making these cuts, and the detailed analysis of how he plans on achieving those savings. Stating I'll end waste, fraud and abuse doesn't equal a detailed and specific plan.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,644 times
I didn't catch this campaign speech! My chronic illness and I still don't want UHC!! I haven't changed my mind about that!! See you at the TEA party this Saturday.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,859 times
Thumbs up Props To You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
He didn't specify how he would pay for this significant expansion in coverage. He mentions that the scare stuff for seniors is absolutely wrong, but then he specifically states:

OBAMA: I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit now or in the future. Period. And to prove that I'm serious, there will be a provision in this plan that requires us to come forward with more spending cuts if the savings we promise don't materialize.

We've estimated that most of this plan can be paid for by finding savings within the existing health care system, a system that is currently full of waste and abuse. Right now, too much of the hard-earned savings and tax dollars we spend on health care don't make us any healthier. That's not my judgment. It's the judgment of medical professionals across this country.

I want to specifically know how he plans on making these cuts, and the detailed analysis of how he plans on achieving those savings. Stating I'll end waste, fraud and abuse doesn't equal a detailed and specific plan.
This is a good example of someone who has questions unanswered by tonight's speech, and it's done without yelling, screaming, and name-calling...
I'd frankly like the same answers you would, because at 53, this car may not have a lot of miles left on it, and I want to know that when I decide to 'hang 'em up', that I won't spend any sleepless nights fretting about Medicare, or health care in general...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:50 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,559 times
Independents should be thrilled by this speech, and possible plan.

This is not just a public option, or simply some watered down co-op plan. This is regulating the entire health insurance industry by making it illegal to turn down American citizens that have a pre-existing condition. This is about creating competition in the marketplace, which is much needed in most states that have few choices for insurance providers. This is about medical malpractice reform. This is about dignity for your common man.

Great speech, and a great night in American history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies