Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:23 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Ohhhh....that's not in your copy of the Porkulus Bill that Obamie signed with all those "Earmarks" he wasn't going to sign?!?

Don't tell me.....let me guess....you had Kool Ade!
You really have to kick that habit!

I did not know that part-time work at ACORN counts as a job? sorry

Joe Wilson has received more campaign donations than his rival....whatizname! I hear that most of the checks whatizname is getting are bouncing higher than a "superball"! Those prankster liberal donors...rofl
In other words, you made up your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 09:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Hackers Imperil Wilson Campaign Web Site - Political News - FOXNews.com

Quote:
Sources close to the South Carolina congressman charge that hackers have blitzed his campaign Web site JoeWilsonforCongress.com with a series of attacks that periodically shut down the page.
The leftists just can't stand the fact this guy called obama on his lies. They also can't stand the thought of free speech and the idea that Joe is outraising his opponent.

The leftist must remember - conservatives outnumber them at a rate of 2-1.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:16 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Joe Wilson passes $2 million mark « - Blogs from CNN.com

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) – South Carolina Republican congressman Joe Wilson has now raised over $2 million in campaign contributions since he shouted "You lie!" at the president earlier this month.

A campaign aide confirmed that Wilson surpassed the $2 million mark on Monday.
Beautiful.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I really wonder about the manners that Wilson supporters are teaching their children. No respect for place and event. Just scream out whatever you think whenever you want. Wonderful lessons for kids.
I think it's great. I wish it were like the 1800's in Congress. When one politician disagreed with another they often had fist fights. Sometimes they dueled.

That is the message I want kids to get. Politicians are thugs and it is a dishonorable profession.

What Wilson did was nothing. A little rude maybe. I's like to see more of these guys calling each other liars.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:35 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I really wonder about the manners that Wilson supporters are teaching their children. No respect for place and event. Just scream out whatever you think whenever you want. Wonderful lessons for kids.

Clinton respected the place and event?

You know Reagan never took off his jacket in the Oval Office out of respect.

See how that's different?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Maybe Wislon has Tourette Syndrome, I see no other excuse for such a distasteful outburst.

Exactly!

YouTube - Democrats Boo Bush During 2005 SOTU

Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
I think it's great. I wish it were like the 1800's in Congress. When one politician disagreed with another they often had fist fights. Sometimes they dueled.

That is the message I want kids to get. Politicians are thugs and it is a dishonorable profession.

What Wilson did was nothing. A little rude maybe. I's like to see more of these guys calling each other liars.
Oh absolutely ... those two little words .. "You Lie" .. saved the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, because it changed/added a much needed provision to the legislation overnight. If Joe hadn't have spoken out with those two little words, our legislators would have argued the immigration point for months and months on end.

Old school politics is an exciting and a productive thing, all at the same time. ..

Old 09-22-2009, 12:58 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
When did left wingers worry about what they expose children to?

If they are good parents they will teach them to respect the country and protest against any president that has such disrespect for the conntry that he will openly lie to the people on facts easily found out.
GOOD ONE! LOL! Right on!

Old 09-22-2009, 12:59 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Oh absolutely ... those two little words .. "You Lie" .. saved the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, because it changed/added a much needed provision to the legislation overnight. If Joe hadn't have spoken out with those two little words, our legislators would have argued the immigration point for months and months on end.

Old school politics is an exciting and a productive thing, all at the same time. ..
True.

And hows come dems aren't labeled with the racist charge on this one. Obama himself said he was denying care to illegals.

When people on the right want illegals to learn English or pay taxes they are called racists.

When Dems deny them healthcare, and leave them to die in the streets, they get a pass.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post

It could even be construed that Wilson was the only one actually paying attention! Since nobody else reacted as they should have to protest any lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies