Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your estimate how many rallyists attended the 9-12 Taxpayer March in DC
Less than 25,000 30 20.13%
Near 50,000 23 15.44%
Near 75,000 21 14.09%
Near or over 100,000 59 39.60%
other 10 6.71%
not sure 6 4.03%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,900 times

Advertisements

They were young (infants, children, teens) and young adults to old. They were white, black, hispanic and asian. They were women and men of all ages.

They marched shoulder to shoulder down Pennsylvania Ave. Completely filling Pennsylvania Avenue and flowing for hours.

They completely filled the capital plaza, the capitol mall, the tidal pools at the mall, the massive grassy fields behind those pools and beyond the street that runs by those fields.

They spoke politely to the policemen standing by the march and THANKED them for being there, and for the protection they provide.

They shouted in one roaring wave after wave (like at a football game) along Pennsylvania avenue... from the rear of the march to the front... a long roaring wave, time after time.

They shouted in unison "Shame on the Press.... Shame on the Press" as we passed by the building that has the words of the 1st Amendment inscribed on its facade.

They shouted "We love Fox.... We love Fox"... as they passed a Fox News crew truck.

They shouted "ACORN Sucks"..... They carried signs, flags and banners.

They were indeed 2 million strong.... and Very Peaceful.
Very Polite. Very Respectful. Very Real American.

One young Oriental boy, newly come to this country proudly waved a sign that said " I Thought I Left Communism Behind".

That photo is shown here.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1252869632
Attached Thumbnails
Your estimate how many rallyists attended the 9-12 Taxpayer March in DC-100_0710.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
DIY- do it yourself -
Measure out an area then divide by average sq ft per person - taking into account circulation room & gaps (3'x3' is very cosy)

capitol building, washington,dc - Google Maps

Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordwaryor View Post

One young Oriental boy, newly come to this country proudly waved a sign that said " I Thought I Left Communism Behind".

That photo is shown here.
I'm apalled at someone using their child like that. He's probably not old enough to read the sign!

Old 09-13-2009, 01:30 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm apalled at someone using their child like that. He's probably not old enough to read the sign!
RACIST!! (j/k)

Happens at EVERY type of political rally.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:33 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
The U.S. population is close to 310,000,000 so even if you doubled or even tripled the (1.5 mill) attendance numbers, (somebody do the math percentage), I'm pretty sure it would still equal = FAIL!
Do you think every person opposed to Obama's big government could just jump into their car and drive to D.C. to attend the rally? Using that failed logic the minimal number of protesters at the rally would say it succeeded wonderfully.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:35 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Afterall Obama can draw a quick crowd of 1,000 people and they think it is unreal. The fact is 999 of those 1000 people are minorities
What do you have against minorities?

Mike

Old 09-13-2009, 01:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
RACIST!! (j/k)

Happens at EVERY type of political rally.
Yes, and I have commented on it before on this forum and in the letters to the editor section of my paper for years. I don't care what the politics are, that's wrong. These kids are just doing what their parents tell them.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:39 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,987 times
Quote:
The boy is not Oriental, he's Asian.

Mike

Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Were you impressed with the crowd. I loved it.

And the Tea Parties are still growing.

I love it when a plan comes together... Don't you?

YouTube - 1.5 to 2 million march on Washington D.C Tea Party protest rally September 12 2009

Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,935 times
Quote:
They were young (infants, children, teens) and young adults to old. They were white, black, hispanic and asian. They were women and men of all ages.
Yet, almost all of the photos I've seen show the overwhelming majority of attendees to be middle-aged or senior white folks.

Quote:
They marched shoulder to shoulder down Pennsylvania Ave. Completely filling Pennsylvania Avenue and flowing for hours.

They completely filled the capital plaza, the capitol mall, the tidal pools at the mall, the massive grassy fields behind those pools and beyond the street that runs by those fields.
Being a bit dramatic, aren't you? It's my understanding that the crowd came nowhere close to "filling the National Mall"...that's an exaggeration.

Quote:
They spoke politely to the policemen standing by the march and THANKED them for being there, and for the protection they provide.
As they should have.

Quote:
They shouted in one roaring wave after wave (like at a football game) along Pennsylvania avenue... from the rear of the march to the front... a long roaring wave, time after time.
You sure are a sucker for dramatics, huh?

Quote:
They shouted in unison "Shame on the Press.... Shame on the Press" as we passed by the building that has the words of the 1st Amendment inscribed on its facade.

They shouted "We love Fox.... We love Fox"... as they passed a Fox News crew truck.
LOL.

Quote:
They shouted "ACORN Sucks"..... They carried signs, flags and banners.

They were indeed 2 million strong.... and Very Peaceful.
Very Polite. Very Respectful. Very Real American.
Sorry, no sale. That lame exaggeration's been debunked by just about every reputable source. Even FOX News estimated a turnout nowhere even close to 1 million, let alone 2 million. Try again.

Quote:
Shame on that little boy's guardians for exploiting him in such a manner. Children should not be used as props to support adults' political agendas, especially when said children aren't even old enough to read or understand the signs they're so unwittingly, gleefully carrying, per their unprincipled guardians' instructions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies