Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 11:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShrek View Post
I personally don't give Pat B much thought. As far as I'm concerned, he's a bigot so I stay out of his lane. What I do find amusing is the posts above yours. These folks talking about how multiculturalism is evil and all that. You know that's code for all non-whites should drop their cultural norms and assimilate into the mainstream (white).
And that is both amazing and revealing of a basic American hypocrisy. People who think this way hate when Latinos speak Spanish, especially the ones who are obviously nonwhite. They get mad when African Americans insist on calling themselves African Americans and name their kids non-European names. Then they get po'd when colored folks want to live in their neighborhoods, work alongside them in the same offices, or marry their daughters.

Can't have it both ways, guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Buchanan is, has been, and always will be a racist.
How CAN that be???? He's a Catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I see Black people
the greatest fear of bible believing, gun toting, patriotic, white Americans.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
the greatest fear of bible believing, gun toting, patriotic, white Americans.

Wrong!!! It is left wing liberal nut jobs of ANY color!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM

487 posts, read 636,260 times
Quote:
Won't what you just stated above only have been possible if we had time travel? I mean damn - who knew that prior to 1970, the other non white freeloaders only constituted 10% of the country. How did the white population shrink so fast to what it is today? Did we have a secret mass extinction level event? Please share your vast knowledge with me sir.
Mass immigration from third world countries, both legal and illegal.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:03 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,914,797 times
Quote:
I personally don't give Pat B much thought. As far as I'm concerned, he's a bigot so I stay out of his lane. What I do find amusing is the posts above yours. These folks talking about how multiculturalism is evil and all that. You know that's code for all non-whites should drop their cultural norms and assimilate into the mainstream (white).
Nope, it means for non-whites also whites that immigrated here willingly recently should teach their children the value of the dominant American culture instead of trying to bring the norms of their countries with them. Really no different than the obnoxious American tourist that travels somewhere and loudly complains that no one speaks "American" and things back home are so much better.

See, people like you are trying desperately to turn this into race to defend multiculturalism. Nothing more than race-baiting. What about Russians/East Europeans that don't assimilate or Cubans that could pass for Southern Europeans? On the other hand many blacks and non-white Latinos have fully assimilated into mainstream culture.

Multi-culturalism isn't evil but neither is the idea of the melting pot. We have rejected the historically sound melting pot model and are well on our way to becoming a fruit basket country that is destined for a life of instability before it breaks apart.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,914,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
And that is both amazing and revealing of a basic American hypocrisy. People who think this way hate when Latinos speak Spanish, especially the ones who are obviously nonwhite. They get mad when African Americans insist on calling themselves African Americans and name their kids non-European names. Then they get po'd when colored folks want to live in their neighborhoods, work alongside them in the same offices, or marry their daughters.

Can't have it both ways, guys.
You seem to be a bit confused I didn't realize that all whites are so conflicted in their views toward minority assimilation. You only speak in terms of the fringe yet you paint all of America (at least the whites) in a broad stroke. Some whites may have this hypocritical stance but no more as a % than minorities that have equally as ridiculous views. Using your logic I could decry black people for wanting the benefits of being in the same workplaces, relationships, etc as white people but don't want the responsibility of not relying on the state. Stereotyping is a two-way street but the difference is you actually believe that garbage.

I'd also think the most interesting man in the world would have more interesting things to do than posting his absurd generalizations on C-D.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Question for Pat... Was Jesus a White/European?

Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
You seem to be a bit confused
Not in the least.

Quote:
I didn't realize that all whites are so conflicted in their views toward minority assimilation.
I never said all. I am speaking to and of the many that are.

Quote:
You only speak in terms of the fringe yet you paint all of America (at least the whites) in a broad stroke. Some whites may have this hypocritical stance but no more as a % than minorities that have equally as ridiculous views.
I am speaking about whites who want blacks, et al, to behave and think a certain way that is acceptable to them as Americans, but do not want to accept them equally as Americans. Is that hard to understand?

Quote:

Using your logic I could decry black people for wanting the benefits of being in the same workplaces, relationships, etc as white people but don't want the responsibility of not relying on the state.
Absolutely ludicrous. The fact that you are even insinuating that blacks rely on the state at all as a default state destroys your "logic.":

Quote:
Stereotyping is a two-way street but the difference is you actually believe that garbage.

I'd also think the most interesting man in the world would have more interesting things to do than posting his absurd generalizations on C-D.

There was a lull between fox hunts.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,757 times
I believe that Pat Buchanan is a realist, not a racist.

He's simply concerned that the brainpower and initiative that built this country are traits that aren't very prevalent in societies that are concerned primarily for what they can get from the government. This country never would have become so great if the mentality of the founding people was based on self interest and greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies