Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,637 times

Advertisements

They probably aren't paying taxes to subsidize wealthy corporations, like we do. Maybe their taxes go to improving quality of life for the citizens. You know, what taxes are supposed to be used for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,402,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
the message from the right is MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY.. and if you ask about something else they say.. CAR EXPENSIVE HOUSE MONEY MONEY MONEY.... that's all that exists to these people, they won't admit it but it is the MEANING OF LIFE both SPIRITUALLY and in EVERY OTHER WAY.

that's why a WHOLE SOCIETY of people living a GOOD MEANINGFUL BALANCED LESS VIOLENT HAPPIER LIFE... doesn't appeal to them.

it's about TEN FOR ME NONE FOR YOU... MONEY, me want MONEY, me WANT me WANT.
What many here fail to understand is that excess money isn't everything to everyone; some people are perfectly content to just be middle class, but living in a more balanced, level playing field type society where you haven't got to spend your life working yourself silly.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
They probably aren't paying taxes to subsidize wealthy corporations, like we do. Maybe their taxes go to improving quality of life for the citizens. You know, what taxes are supposed to be used for.

And at a rate about twice as high as ours.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I could care less about taxes so long as I have enough to enjoy spending time with my friends, reading for entertainment and knowledge, and living in a small house, driving an old car and a used motorcycle. I may dream of winning a big lottery but even if I did it would not change the time spent with friends. It would eliminate the time wasted at work making somebody else a profit. That I would like.

I am not ambitious and I do not want to control others so striving for wealth and power were never important. As I approach retirement they are even less of a consideration.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
What many here fail to understand is that excess money isn't everything to everyone; some people are perfectly content to just be middle class, but living in a more balanced, level playing field type society where you haven't got to spend your life working yourself silly.
exactly

Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I could care less about taxes so long as I have enough to enjoy spending time with my friends, reading for entertainment and knowledge, and living in a small house, driving an old car and a used motorcycle. I may dream of winning a big lottery but even if I did it would not change the time spent with friends. It would eliminate the time wasted at work making somebody else a profit. That I would like.

I am not ambitious and I do not want to control others so striving for wealth and power were never important. As I approach retirement they are even less of a consideration.

In other words "I dont mind being a slave so long as master provides for me"

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,402,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Same here Greg. I don't care for wealth, endless competition or being part of a rat race that I wish I could just opt out of and do something intersting and unconventional, while having more leisure time. It's unfortunate here in the US that wealth and healthcare are attached and that higher education is so expensive.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Its the same with democrats, only their obsession lies with other peoples money.
YOU KNOW that's not true.

we live in this thing called a SOCIETY.. guess what, society is made UP of more than JUST YOU but OTHERS as well.

and guess what... the EVERYONE is connected. that's a SPIRITUAL TRUTH.

if a SOCIETY IN GENERAL is happy it's better than TEN PERCENT HOARDING and everyone else living in a ditch.

i have yet to hear of a democrat that's for EVERYONE ELSE"s money for THEMSELVES.

I DO hear that from corporations and republicans though.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Same here Greg. I don't care for wealth, endless competition or being part of a rat race that I wish I could just opt out of and do something intersting and unconventional, while having more leisure time. It's unfortunate here in the US that wealth and healthcare are attached and that higher education is so expensive.
i know. i wish our health insurance wasn't tied to our employer, many people would rather just work a couple of part time jobs, but you can't DO that here because you have to work FULL TIME in ONE PLACE to get health insurance. it would free up the workforce and safe employers lots of money, but for the life of me i can't see why republicans don't want this.

Its' like they are that irritating person that's just here to make life difficult

Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
And at a rate about twice as high as ours.

If you're burdened by excessive taxes, you have options.

Move to an isolated rural area with no paved roads, no water/sewer systems, no fire or police protection, no trash disposal and small distant schools.

You'll like the taxes there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies